Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#668262 15/06/20 03:36 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Welcome and well-met adventurers.
Since we are all still very fresh of Larian's newest information reveal over the weekend, I think it's time to have a quick look/discussion on one of the more mysterious characters in the upcoming Baldur's Gate 3, the eponymous Fiend.
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...5e.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200213102153[/img]
This individual is the narrator for a good portion of the newest trailer(presumably) and as we can hear, he (calling him he for simplicity sake), knows a great deal about our predicament.

However, this isn't the first time we've seen this mysterious individual. May I direct your attention to an older image of who I believe to be the same Fiend just in an earlier rendition of the game.
[Linked Image]
The fact that he has survived various iterations of the game and now has a prominent voice in an integral trailer means our dark friend is likely a key figure to the story.
I look forward to finding out more as the game continues its development. Let the discussion begin!

Last edited by TheAscendent; 16/06/20 09:33 PM.

Evil always finds a way.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I think he may just be a powerful Tiefling, who draws very heavily on its fiendish, devil side. In Forgotten Realms lore, Tieflings can grow wings by unlocking more of their infernal heritage. Potentially a very powerful warlock noble type character whose patron could assist the party?

Anyway, I'm excited to find out!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by HarbsNarbs
I think he may just be a powerful Tiefling, who draws very heavily on its fiendish, devil side. In Forgotten Realms lore, Tieflings can grow wings by unlocking more of their infernal heritage. Potentially a very powerful warlock noble type character whose patron could assist the party?

Anyway, I'm excited to find out!

I have a feeling he may be related to Wyll, the origin character who is a Warlock. They might be rivals, each serving the same patron but fighting for their favor or serving different masters each with a different motive and trying to outmaneuver each other. We know that Wyll's patron is in a bit of trouble giving him leverage over them.
"Noble by birth, Wyll made his name as the heroic 'Blade of Frontiers'. He keeps his pact with a devil well-hidden, and is desperate to escape the hellish bargain - even if that means rescuing the seductive creature that made the deal."
Considering that BG3 takes place post Descent into Avernus, we know that the first layer of Hell is in *shudder* chaotic state and the various movers and shakers of the lower planes will be eager to capitalize on the opportunity.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
I don’t have any fiends.

stranger
stranger
I can be your fiend, but I'm really horny.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I don’t have any fiends.

I can be your fiend if we make a deal. devil silly

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
All infernal contracts must be overseen by a representative of His Infernal Majesty and be made without any coercion or intimidation. Remember that this is Baator, not the Abyss. We have standards to maintain.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Krytopsy
I can be your fiend, but I'm really horny.

The hornier the fiend, the better.

journeyman
journeyman

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks to the latest video today we now know the name of our benefactor, Raphael.

Evil always finds a way.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I thought he was killed.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
Ralphi. He seems like a nice chap.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
I thought he was killed.

I'm not entirely sure. I know he was rumoured to have been trapped within the Shield of the Hidden Lord due to the Spellplague, but death or entrapment have usually been little more than a temporary inconvenience to a deity (or demi-god). In the context of BG3, seems somewhat moot, given this one's name is Raphael, as revealed in the stream (doesn't mean conclusively it isn't Gargauth...he is referred to as the Hidden Lord after all). Still, it seems unlikely now that this is Gargauth (a proxy or follower at best, if connected to Gargauth in any fashion).

Last edited by ZeshinX; 18/06/20 09:09 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
Has some of the best dialogues of the gameplay. Already became my favorite NPC so far.

Last edited by _Vic_; 19/06/20 02:05 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Based on his appearance, I am going to guess that he is a Cambion, half-human/half-devil. He is probably a representative on behalf of his master who needs pawns/servants who are invested in stopping whatever the illithids are up to. Evil hates competition.

Evil always finds a way.
stranger
stranger
He's a cambion. Swen verified in a recent interview.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard