Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I hope Larian is a little bit more respectfull and less condescendant than you about other opinions than theirs.
You're the reasons why every topics turn into battle.

Don't call your game Baldur's Gate if you're not ready to hear Baldur's Gate fans opinions (whatever they are, not saying every BG fans opinions are the same).

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/06/20 07:45 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I hope Larian is a little bit more respectfull and less condescendant than you about other opinions than theirs.
You're the reasons why every topics turn into battle.

It's a moot discussion. It's TB. Period. The purpose of revisiting this subject is a waste of time. The game is way to far into development to change something as Central to the game as it's combat system.

Furthermore, Larian are experts in TB games, so Wotc know this and hired them for this reason exactly.

This discussion ( or voicing of this specific opinion) is detrimental to the purpose of the forum as we should try to address other concerns that are viable for change this far into the development.

veteran
veteran
Oh please stop thinking you're in Larian's head. This is your very limited players point of view.
Maybe you're right, maybe not... We don't know... Things can change or evolve, that's why official forums exists and that's why EA exists.
Larian's wouldn't be the only one having 2 combat systems. But there I'm going to have an advertising because it's not the thread and I'm still talking about things we can only talk about somewhere else.

I also hope battles aren't going to break the rythm of the story and give a "false" lifetime to the game.
What we saw was really slow... It looks like the fights are parentheses in the story.
Don't had this feelings in other TB RPG games such as Wasteland 2.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/06/20 09:45 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by _Vic_

Yeah, I´m pretty sure that you didn´t pretend to throw a jab and compare TB and RTwP when you said.

Originally Posted by Gregorovitch
Pathfinder: WotR will be built for RTwP play (although it will include a TB mod as standard for those that want it which will slow the game down and make it much easier at the same time).

You just wanted to express your objective concern (even tho many people do not see TB as slow and easier and spend their time discussing it with other people in the proper thread) without any prior underhanded criticism whatsoever... because you are absolutely neutral in the matter and that is a silly debate...

Er...what?

My comment you quote was specifically about the TB modes added to PoE2 and PF:K and I don't think anybody disputes that in both those games switching on TB a) makes encounters ~2 levels of difficulty easier and b) makes encounters take ~3 times longer to complete. My comment says nothing whatever about the relative merits of TB vs RTwP systems. The comment simply points out that Owlcat are designing and balancing the encounters in P:WotR specifically for RTwP and that the TB option will be there for those that want to play that way despite the extended playtime and difficulty reduction it will cause. Owlcat are clear that it is not possible to balance a game for both RTwP and TB at the same time and so they are not even going to try.

However that observation is of no concern for BG3 and it's TB system as far as I'm concerned because.....

Originally Posted by Wormerine

And Divinity2 paces its encounters in far different way then PoE2 and especially PF:K. A lot of areas in those game consist of multiple encounters, often variation on the same enemy type (if you are lucky). Not so much in Divinity2 which will usually go for one big fight instead of a chain of them.

........which is IMO an entirely accurate statement and is basically why I personally am totally happy with both TB and RTwP games so long as they are designed and balanced specifically for the one or the other and also why I have no concerns for the length or number of encounters in BG3, which is what this thread is about.

veteran
veteran
What we saw was really slow... It looks like the fights are parentheses in the story.

Yes, but it’s Swen streaming and presenting the game. I don’t think it’s representative of someone actually playing the game. The amount of actions per combat was actually quite low - it was quite lethal.

veteran
veteran

Yeah, I´m pretty sure that you didn´t pretend to throw a jab and compare TB and RTwP when you said.

Pathfinder: WotR will be built for RTwP play (although it will include a TB mod as standard for those that want it which will slow the game down and make it much easier at the same time).

You just wanted to express your objective concern (even tho many people do not see TB as slow and easier and spend their time discussing it with other people in the proper thread) without any prior underhanded criticism whatsoever... because you are absolutely neutral in the matter and that is a silly debate...

Er...what?

My comment you quote was specifically about the TB modes added to PoE2 and PF:K and I don't think anybody disputes that in both those games switching on TB a) makes encounters ~2 levels of difficulty easier and b) makes encounters take ~3 times longer to complete.

Yeah, in fact many people disputes that tb makes PF:K and PoE2 easier... in the proper thread XD

You can go there and see why they claim that, and telling them why not and whatever...

Oh please stop thinking you're in Larian's head. This is your very limited players point of view.
Maybe you're right, maybe not... We don't know... Things can change or evolve, that's why official forums exists and that's why EA exists.
Larian's wouldn't be the only one having 2 combat systems. But there I'm going to have an advertising because it's not the thread and I'm still talking about things we can only talk about somewhere else.

The problem is taking that petition to every thread in existence and react with SWJ rethoric and tantrum-like posts in a matter that is a design decision of the studio that made the game and that WOTC chose to do so.

Game`s TB. It´s known for weeks. Face it.

Last edited by _Vic_; 19/06/20 10:58 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
it makes it easier because its easier to bear

addict
addict
[
Yeah, in fact many people disputes that tb makes PF:K and PoE2 easier... in the proper thread XD

The AI is not well made for TB.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G

Well I guess some folk will dispute 2x2=4 etc but that makes no difference to objective reality.

veteran
veteran
Now you understand why this debate is so weary. Believe me, I know.

And please stop adding wood to the fire...

Last edited by _Vic_; 19/06/20 11:14 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Yes, but it’s Swen streaming and presenting the game. I don’t think it’s representative of someone actually playing the game. The amount of actions per combat was actually quite low - it was quite lethal.

Yes, this is obviously a part of the problem. We'll have to wait EA before having a good feedback on that point.

The problem is taking that petition to every thread in existence and react with SWJ rethoric and tantrum-like posts in a matter that is a design decision of the studio that made the game and that WOTC chose to do so.

Game`s TB. It´s known for weeks. Face it.

You're right... After this second world gameplay reveal I should probably leave you with the +-10 hyped guys and assume the true Baldur's Gate video game experience is probably dead forever... such as many other has already done.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/06/20 11:51 AM.

apprentice
apprentice

You're right... After this second world gameplay reveal I should probably leave you with the +-10 hyped guys and assume the true Baldur's Gate video game experience is probably dead forever... such as many other has already done.

You're right... After this second world gameplay reveal I should probably leave.......

That's entirely up to you. Constructive feedback is welcome. Persistent whining about a core element of the game is not.
But feel free to exercise your right to close the door behind you.

veteran
veteran
And who are you to decide what is constructive and what is not ? Are you in my head to know if it's more whining than hopes ?
I'm guilty still having hopes BG3 is not going to become something totally different than BG but you're guilty always saying opinions about something you decide we shouldn't talk about are sh***.

I think I tried to give a constructive feedback in the majority of my posts even if of course, emotion is there while we talk about the only video game I waited for more than 10 years.

Just realise you're not more constructive.
Just don't answer if you're not interrested in what you read.... ...Of course you won't have many things to say because it looks there's way less emotion after these 2 events than after the 1st world reveal...

Anyway this time I'm really out of it.
I forgot we were on the forum of Baldur's Gate 3,which mean we can't talk about Baldur's Gate without being a troll or a whinner.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/06/20 12:38 PM.

addict
addict
I din't liked much the artstyle BUT i realize that it will NOT change. They will not re design all models and armor. Same with RtWP vs TB; it is a pointless debate.

veteran
veteran
The combat system is utterly horrible. I will keep saying this as much as I want and don't care if it upsets certain entitled people here. And I'm not going anywhere.

Given that the combat system in the game is horrible, my big question now is to what extent will the game allow you to avoid combat, or if you cannot avoid some combat encounters then get through the combat quickly and easily? Unfortunately this recent gameplay session did not provide too many answers to this question.
And who are you to decide what is constructive and what is not ? Are you in my head to know if it's more whining than hopes ?
I'm guilty still having hopes BG3 is not going to become something totally different than BG but you're guilty always saying opinions about something you decide we shouldn't talk about are sh***.

I think I tried to give a constructive feedback in the majority of my posts even if of course, emotion is there while we talk about the only video game I waited for more than 10 years.

Just realise you're not more constructive.
Just don't answer if you're not interrested in what you read.... ...Of course you won't have many things to say because it looks there's way less emotion after these 2 events than after the 1st world reveal...

Anyway this time I'm really out of it.
I forgot we were on the forum of Baldur's Gate 3,which mean we can't talk about Baldur's Gate without being a troll or a whinner.

Totally agree with all your posts in this thread. A handful of people here are just simply a------s. It's a part of their very nature. My strategy is to skip past their posts and never even bother to read them anymore, 'cause life is too short to be wasted on such people.

Says the person who offers no constructive criticism and only comes to shit on the game. "combat system is utterly horrible.' is not constructive in any way, shape, or form.

"I will keep saying this as much as I want and don't care if it upsets certain entitled people here. And I'm not going anywhere." This is why you wear the troll crown. No constructive comments, only baseless criticisms with nothing to add. And you'll keep coming back here to do it just because you can. If this is your nature here, it's probably your nature IRL as well. Sad.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
A handful of people here are just simply a------s. It's a part of their very nature.

Irony Alert!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Give it a rest, guys. There's no need for this sort of snarking at each other. Be polite or take it elsewhere. Thanks.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard