Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I've been searching around for these three classes and I haven't found any gameplay or info on how Larian will treat them.

To me, these are 3 special classes, mainly because there isn't nothing that is too similar to them on Divinity, so I'm curious to see how they will be treated on BG3.

Sure, there is a nice song sang by one special character on Divinity 2 and there are some polymorph spells, but nothing like a Druid or a true bard. As for melee unarmed combat on both Divinity games, they are close to non existent.

I'm so curious on what they are cooking to these three classes.

I hope my expectations aren't too high...

veteran
veteran
Those classes will be in the full release, but maybe not immediately in Early Access.

Bards mechanically probably aren't going to be too difficult, but who knows what kind of performances will be available.
Monks don't seem like a difficult thing to implement, they might need to add a new UI element for things like Ki and Sorcerery points somewhere.
Druids Wild Shape will necessarily be limited to creatures which have models and suitable animations available. What that list is, it's not going to be enough for everyone.

veteran
veteran
Al the PHB classes are confirmed so those would be in the game. But there are few in the EA, as announced.
https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gat...-with-6-classes-and-5-origin-characters/

There are more links in the "Subclasses and EA" Thread.

Classes and subclasses confirmed are in
https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Druids have access to around 100 beast forms at level 8 (plus elemental forms at level 10 if you are a moon druid) so I do not think we could see all of them, but I expect you will have some beast wild shapes you can choose from. I also hope you can switch forms outside combat (and summon creatures or familiars too). I hope the "PoE" syndrome is not contagious...

I hope they could add the Artificer later on... maybe as a DLC?.

Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Those classes will be in the full release, but maybe not immediately in Early Access.

Bards mechanically probably aren't going to be too difficult, but who knows what kind of performances will be available.
Monks don't seem like a difficult thing to implement, they might need to add a new UI element for things like Ki and Sorcerery points somewhere.
Druids Wild Shape will necessarily be limited to creatures which have models and suitable animations available. What that list is, it's not going to be enough for everyone.

I know they will be available on full release, but I hope the monk have some nice combat moves. I'm setting my expectations too high, I guess lol

As for the bard, I was hoping for songs when they use his specific bard song skills. Like a tune or something very elaborated

Last edited by Rafoca; 26/06/20 03:56 PM.
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Al the PHB classes are confirmed so those would be in the game. But there are few in the EA, as announced.
https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gat...-with-6-classes-and-5-origin-characters/

There are more links in the "Subclasses and EA" Thread.

Classes and subclasses confirmed are in
https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Druids have access to around 100 beast forms at level 8 (plus elemental forms at level 10 if you are a moon druid) so I do not think we could see all of them, but I expect you will have some beast wild shapes you can choose from. I also hope you can switch forms outside combat (and summon creatures or familiars too). I hope the "PoE" syndrome is not contagious...

I hope they could add the Artificer later on... maybe as a DLC?.

Because there are so many forms the druid have access to I was thinking how will they will be implemented. Sure, 100 is too much, but at least like... Ten maybe?

The artificer would be nice!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bards bursting into full song could become irritating after a while. I’d maybe suggest something a bit more subtle. Perhaps add some extra tracks to the existing music so the bard is complementing the score that’s already playing. They’d kind of be jamming along to the regular soundtrack.

S
veteran
veteran
S
i somehow doubt theyll have bards actually sing, it would mess with the soundtrack quite a bit.
would of course be cool if it would sync into the soundtrack somehow...

veteran
veteran
In the few games you have bards (or bard-like characters) like IE games, NWN games... what they always do is playing a little sound when you start singing and nothing else. As the sound effect of a spell but sounding like a musical note and that´s it.

Same in other games like Tyranny, etc, they usually do not apply a constant sound to a constant effect or skill. Or if they do, it´s almost inconspicuous.

Last edited by _Vic_; 27/06/20 03:30 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard