Well, since i'm starting to get pretty annoyed and since it's the second time i try something which should be easy... I decided to post.

Last year, i tried for the first time to launch the divinity engine to do something that would look rather simple at first sight: load a very simple mod in order to modify 2 numbers. The mod is about alloted points at character creation. I never succeeded to even load anything.

This year, i tried for the second time to launch the divinity engine to do something that would look rather simple at first sight: load a very simple mod in order to modify 2 numbers. The mod is about alloted points at character creation. I never succeeded to even load anything.

I spent more than 20 hours on this matter already. I can even manage to heavily mod Baldur's Gate or New Vegas (somehow). I can still do some stuff in Photoshop, Lightwave 3D or XPress if i need to. But i can't even load a file with the Divinity Engine. I tried to look up the matter on the net, and found out there is some sort of wiki about the divinity engine. Except, i don't get anything at all: i am seriously under the impression that it was written with the assumption that the reader knew perfectly well the editor already. One example:

"Imported Materials

Some materials parameters have changed slightly to improve performance.
Your material files might not be loadable from the start. If they are pink, you need to convert them. But that can be done easily!
Open your material in the Resource Browser and simply save.
Be wary that (since your material was broken before) your material will only be loaded again after a mod reload or editor restart! "

Sorry, but this is basically Chinese. I started Japanese, but i don't plan to try my hand at Chinese before i'm old.

I thought, at first, the reason why i can't load a mod is because it is sort of 'compiled' and that i have to 'decompile' it in order for it to be loaded. So, i fond this ".pak extractor", and extracted the files. I tried to put the files and the editor just about everywhere in "Original sin 2/Data", "defEd/data", "I love pinatas for christmas/data" or "i can't take it anymore/data". But to no avail. I don't believe the reason is because my english sucks that much, either. When the editor doesn't crash (it's rare), it freezes, or explain me that the folder he's looking for in not there (though it is there).

When i try to load a Classic mod (in a delusional hope of making it work in the Definitive Edition), same problem. First, it tells me that it looks for the mod. So, i select the "Mods" folder, and then, the mod's folder in it. After that, it asks for the "Projects" folder. Wut? Ok, here is the "Projects" folder: i never swaped folders, it should find it by itself, right? At this point, either it asks for the "Data" folder and tells afterwards it couldn't load the mod, and to check if the mod is at the folder/folder/folder/Mod (where it already is), or just crashes.

I am pretty sure there is something i don't get right, that seems obvious for everyone (since i didn't find anything about it on this forum. Though i'm fed up already and didn't spent 20 more hours looking in every nook and cranny of the forum). The wiki says that:

"Navigate to the Data folder of Divinity Original Sin 2 (classic edition) and select the following:

  Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Mods\{YourMod}

The editor will then copy all project data over to the Definitive Edition data folder and give your project a new ID."

Except that... No. Besides, since the editor seems to be looking for folders rather than files, i expect that i need to select the actual mod folder, rather than any sub-folder. But as it is the case with pretty much everything, it is all about assumptions. Anyone has an idea, please?