Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, I'm not really shure how to explain this, but I hope it's understandable...

A while ago, I began playing the EE on Steam in co-op with a friend. We spent 144 hours and were close-ish to the end (we'd done Hunter's Edge and most of Phantom Forest, we were just in the process of going through Cassandra's temple to burn her bones). Then when I booted up the game, I was prompted to create a profile. Surprised, because I thought I already had done that, I created a profile, and promptly lost all my save games. I was unable to recover them through the cloud or through the file explorer, they were just GONE. Deleting the new profile didn't help, and there was *no other* profile to switch to. I spent days trying to find a solution, and had it confirmed via this forum that there was nothing to be done.

So I've bitten the bullet and started a new profile + playthrough, trying to recreate every choice we made to play the game to the point at which it blew up in our faces. I've gotten through all of Cyseal, all of Hiberheim, and am now in the process of wanting to investigate Luculla Mines.

Except on the path to the mines I began noticing that the goblins on the path were almost all dead, with the exception of the ones sleeping in a camp. This was... weird, as I distinctly remembered having more fights there in the first playthrough. Regardless, I keep going, enter the mines and...

The Luculla mines are toast, flooded with lava, killing my party upon entry. As if I'd already fully explored them and finished the quest line. Which.... I haven't in this new playthrough/profile. I *just* got the quest form the newly freed Icara to investigate the mines, and I'd not even been in the area until now.

And now after having invested another 20+ hours...I can once again no longer progress, and I'm utterly baffled as to what could have caused this... glitch or whatever it is, and how to proceed now. Until now the main quest has progressed quite as normal... Can anyone help me with this?

All I want is to be able to finish this game so we can move on to Divinity II...

Support
Support

It appears the level cache file for Luculla Forest and the mines, at least, got carried into your second playthrough.
The safest way to proceed would be to revert to a save before entering Luculla Forest for the first time, delete the file(s) that were added early and continue from there. Deleting the files in your most recent save would get the game to replace them with the default versions, as well, but that could cause problems in quests you have started, result in missing or duplicate items, and reset opponents, etc.

You can email supportdos@larian.com with your last Cyseal save, or I will describe how to fix it yourself, if you wish.

Saves can be opened in the EE pak extractor program: (download).

After starting the ConverterApp.exe program, switch to the 'PAK / LSV Tools' tab, in the 'Extract Package' section, for the 'Package path' browse to the save's lsv file, then for the 'Destination path' browse to that or another profile's savegames_patch folder and enter a new folder for the extracted files (you can copy/paste the path from the path listed above and edit it; ie to be '..\savegames_patch\SaveName-extracted') and click the 'Extract Package' button.
Now browse to that extracted path in Windows Explorer, and in the levelcache folder delete or move the files for any areas you have not already cleared (lucullaforest.lsf and luc_mines.lsf at least: darkforest = Phantom Forest, theprisongardenofstoneking = Hiberheim and the rest should be obvious).
After that, you can just start the game and load the extracted save; the game will see the extracted folder as a save, so you don't need to worry about packing it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard