Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rezeki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just a quick suggestion - I'm sure the whole soundtrack has already been written, but I was thinking it might be pretty cool to have maybe a small part of the soundtrack pay homage to the Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 soundtracks. I particularly liked the Shadows of Amn main theme, and I think it'd be AWESOME if it was thrown in somewhere. It'd be a real tear-jerker if as you were ending the game and everything was winding down that we got a nice whiff of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 music during the wind down. Kinda like after Throne of Bhaal, you learn what happens to everyone after beating the game. That kind of placement.

Just a thought! The soundtrack sounds awesome so far! Excited to hear the full thing!

stranger
stranger
I think they're going in a different direction with the soundtrack, which is a real shame.

Most of what I've heard so far is kind of generic fantasy and not very Baldur's Gatey.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sirick

Most of what I've heard so far is kind of generic fantasy and not very Baldur's Gatey.

Well, so was original BG, it was just 90s fantasy generic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg

Something I really liked in BG1 was diegetic music - how you could hear muted Inn music when getting close to it, making it feel as if it is part of the world. I think this is a real potential there in worldbuilding, that is underutilized. Probably my fav, example is tavern bard in White March expansion - not only creating wonderful atmosphere, but also at the same time delivering relevant lore and foreshadowing in an inconspicuous way.

EDIT: Found this by accident: laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-O-Fftt38

EDIT 2: Damn you all. Started flipping through BG2 soundtrack. I forgot how much I adore it.

Last edited by Wormerine; 06/07/20 08:02 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard