Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Kanisatha, you're just a troll. Every one of your comments, basically, is trolling. You've already condemned a game that hasn't even hit Early Access. A game that is not finished. You literally just said you probably aren't going to play this game, " I don't like the game in its current form, and in my case the odds are more likely that in the end I will NOT play this game". So why in the NINE HELLS are you STILL here commenting and spewing your vile all over this WIP game? Just leave, goodness.

addict
addict
No, kanisatha is not a troll. He has a strong resentment to the obvious changes from earlier BG games ( as was the case with FO3 for those that loved FO1/2 ), and is conflicted as to whether the game can be something he will enjoy; that does not make a person a troll.

The game will be different from BG1/2, and it will be different from D:OS1/2; but as you point out, we have not seen enough to know exactly how good or bad the experience will be. I'm leaning on the side of playing the game, but I will look for neutral review sources/streams of EA gameplay before deciding.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You can freely express your opinions and resentment in a polite manner (or not) and to do that you do not need to use a despective way and name-calling others with expressions like "cheerleaders" "nerds" "bootlickers" "trolls" and stuff like that.

-Just saying-

Last edited by _Vic_; 08/08/20 08:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by etonbears
No, kanisatha is not a troll. He has a strong resentment to the obvious changes from earlier BG games ( as was the case with FO3 for those that loved FO1/2 ), and is conflicted as to whether the game can be something he will enjoy; that does not make a person a troll.

The game will be different from BG1/2, and it will be different from D:OS1/2; but as you point out, we have not seen enough to know exactly how good or bad the experience will be. I'm leaning on the side of playing the game, but I will look for neutral review sources/streams of EA gameplay before deciding.

Thanks! How FO1&2 fans felt about FO3 is indeed a perfect example of how I feel.

In my many years of experience on the Internet, people make vile, unsubstantiated accusations against other people generally are trying to make up for being guilty of the very things they accuse others of. I couldn't care less about such people, and they surely aren't going to get me to stop posting or to leave.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_
You can freely express your opinions and resentment in a polite manner (or not) and to do that you do not need to use a despective way and name-calling others with expressions like "cheerleaders" "nerds" "bootlickers" "trolls" and stuff like that.

-Just saying-

Interesting that you had to add "trolls" to your list of insults 6 hours after your original post, after realising that your attempt to have a dig at me didn't actually relate to the preceeding posts.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not ever intentionally *give* offense to people online. If you choose to *take* offense at anything I say you are free to query my intention, discuss use of, and understanding of, the English language ( slippery at the best of times ), or post emotional incoherent rants about me, which I shall, of course, ignore.

Snide comments, such as the above, really do not reflect well upon you.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

-Just saying-

Interesting that you had to add "trolls" to your list of insults 6 hours after your original post, after realising that your attempt to have a dig at me didn't actually relate to the preceeding posts.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not ever intentionally *give* offense to people online. If you choose to *take* offense at anything I say you are free to query my intention, discuss use of, and understanding of, the English language ( slippery at the best of times ), or post emotional incoherent rants about me, which I shall, of course, ignore.

Snide comments, such as the above, really do not reflect well upon you.

Wasn´t for you man XD There´s a post of @deathridge with a name-calling troll just above and several times in the forums in other threads.

I found funny that you feel the post is about you. It´s good to have such a strong self-steem I supposse. You think you could be included in that too?

Last edited by _Vic_; 08/08/20 09:37 PM.
addict
addict
Of course. How could I possibly mistake your intent.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It´s good to have a strong ego, son, keep working on it XDD

addict
addict
You are transparent. By all means keep digging, if you wish.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Eton, really? I was talking about some particular posts from some users. I do not know of any post of yours calling somebody "cheerleaders" or "trolls" but I know some posts of a well-known forumite calling people "Bg3 cheerleaders" or "You're a troll so nothing you have to say matters." that´s why I included " troll" in the post.

But if you feel you could also be included in that regard... well...

Last edited by _Vic_; 08/08/20 10:37 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
You are transparent. By all means keep digging, if you wish.

Yeah Eton, it’s pretty clear whom Vic was talking about and it wasn’t you, man. Go easy.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This was amazing, we were discussing toxic practices and a random guy comes from nowhere in "triggered" mode and just identifies himself as a toxic forumite. All by himself

Gotta love this forum. laugh

Last edited by _Vic_; 08/08/20 10:21 PM.
veteran
veteran
@etonbears is not now nor has ever been a toxic forumite. The real toxic individuals are easily identified, specifically those who attack other posters just because they don't agree with those posters' views, try to label those posters as trolls, and demand that those posters leave the forum.

veteran
veteran

-Just saying-

I noted this as well. Good on you for pointing it out.

veteran
veteran
It's really quite amazing how someone can come into a game developer's forum, make hundreds of posts calling all their previous games shit, calling the current game they are working on shit, and saying they're not likely to buy it (because it's shit), dismissing people who don't hate the game as "fanboi's", and, with a straight face, say that the actual toxic users are other people.

A remarkable example of doublethink.

Banned
Banned
as remarkable as saying with a straight face "BG3 and DOS2 are completely different".

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It's really quite amazing how someone can come into a game developer's forum, make hundreds of posts calling all their previous games shit, calling the current game they are working on shit, and saying they're not likely to buy it (because it's shit), dismissing people who don't hate the game as "fanboi's", and, with a straight face, say that the actual toxic users are other people.

A remarkable example of doublethink.

Don’t forget continuously trying to derail unrelated conversations with their own personal pet grievance / fixation and then play the victim card when called out on it. 🙃

Honestly though, it’s better to just ignore them.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You can try, but they seem to keep coming, barging into threads and topics unrelated so they could be noticed...

Originally Posted by kanisatha
@etonbears is not now nor has ever been a toxic forumite. The real toxic individuals are easily identified, specifically those who attack other posters just because they don't agree with those posters' views, try to label those posters as trolls, and demand that those posters leave the forum.

Hey, nobody said he is, besides himself thinking that a post about toxic practices was about him XDD. I think now it´s pretty clear that the post prior his outburst wasn´t about him.

And yeah, I agree. Those who attack other posters just because they don't agree with those posters' views, try to label those posters as trolls, they could be easily identified.

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=669924#Post669924
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It leaves you where you were always going to end up. Not purchasing a game which you hate everything about.

You're a troll so nothing you have to say matters.

Last edited by _Vic_; 09/08/20 01:26 AM.
If I'm a troll for calling out Kanisatha as a troll, then fine I'm a troll. I can accept that. But I would challenge anyone to go back and compare our opinions, both good and bad, of this game; a game this isn't even released as Early Access yet. And then come and try and tell me that I am the troll in this scenario. I've voiced my negative opinions in mature ways, like the past-tense speak and team-based initiative before the changes. I've not read yet a single mature critique from K, it's literally all "it's shit and nothings going to change and i probably won't play it". Yet he comes back day after day to shit on a game that ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET all the while saying its a game he isn't even going to play. That is the definition of a troll.

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
According to The Cambridge dictionary (I think I prefer this one) I do not think you qualify, deathridge.

troll noun [C] (CREATURE)

-an imaginary, either very large or very small creature in traditional Scandinavian stories, that has magical powers and lives in mountains or caves

troll noun [C] (COMPUTING)

-someone who leaves an intentionally annoying or offensive message on the internet, in order to upset someone or to get attention or cause trouble
-a message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended to annoy people:
A well-constructed troll will provoke irate or confused responses from flamers and newbies.

Unless you´re secretly a Scandinavian cave dwarf.

Last edited by _Vic_; 09/08/20 02:32 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard