Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I have a Ranger who's got couple of points in sneak and I took the Guerilla talent with her so that I can get the most benefit out of her sneak skill in combat.....

But, I have been unable to effectively use this talent...partially because the sneak ap cost is quite high during combat and then there are some other reasons as well....

It'll be great if someone can suggest how I can use guerilla talent + sneak more efficiently.......

All suggestions will be appreciated greatly, thanks smile

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey Brimsurfer,

It is quite high, I would suggest increasing your AP/turn which I believe will increase with your Speed attribute.
Skills like Fast Track and Wildfire would help, adrenaline would get you out of a sticky situation.
Talents such as lone wolf and glass cannon would work also increase AP/turn.
I think unfortunately guerrilla doesn't work with invisibility and walk in shadows which is a bit regrettable.

Last edited by Bendigeidfran; 29/03/16 09:50 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Bendigeidfran
I think unfortunately guerrilla doesn't work with invisibility and walk in shadows which is a bit regrettable.
that is a fix I was expecting in the patch. :-/ The issue was motioned couple of time. Talent guerilla is placeholder now. now His only role is lure a green player to a trap of dump points into sneak. Do not take this talent never ever. (or until a proper patch comes)

Skill Sneak was bugged in original release, allowing abusing game mechanics to receive overpowered advantage. In the Enhanced edition it was fixed and tweaked, so ... well, Sneak is totally useless now. As you noticed. No, there is no other trick to make it better, it is just crap. Put even point there is the waste.

Out of combat you could sneak without a point there, good enough. Better use skill Walk in shadow thou. In combat its uselless anyway. If you are in the game begining, consider restart or replace henchman. Or you might use save game editor to get rid of Guerilla and Sneak skill.

Last edited by gGeo; 31/03/16 09:14 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I took Guerilla and thought I would be a sneaking rogue. Turned out all the material I read before creating my character was about the original version, not EE. Once in game, I quickly found out my error. Sneaking is only good for pickpocketing.

Sneaking in the original version was not bugged, it just worked differently. Every point you put into it reduced the AP by 1. That was huge. Put enough points into it, and you could sneak and backstab multiple times per turn.

That's all changed with EE.

I have since changed my character from dagger to bow. Gimped? Yes. Problem? Not in the slightest.

stranger
stranger
Since it doesn't work while you're invisible, you can use smoke to hide yourself from view and then sneak. (You can use a spell, arrow, or grenade to make smoke.) Sneak costs 5 AP, which is kinda expensive, though.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard