Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
[Linked Image]

And so it begins... Beware the panel from hell!

https://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios

Last edited by _Vic_; 18/08/20 06:53 PM.
N
N
Lol why do they keep showing the goblin foot kissing option? Seriously is this just a taste and there's going to be something even more bizarre outside of context down the line, like having to jerk off a red dragon?

D
D
September 30th, I had a feeling that's when it would be. I had hoped for early September but I'll take it!

And did anyone else catch what they were saying about multiplayer a bit before the date reveal? I thought I heard him mention it wouldn't be in right away, but I couldn't tell if he was talking about split screen or MP in general.

addict
addict
I asked on reddit AMA, an asking on chat and really wanna know. Will have summon limit for necromancer/conjurers?

stranger
stranger
It was a lovely panel, thank you very much :D

journeyman
journeyman
Great panel - lots of great new info...and hope for eventual Paladin class in EA! Yeah!

The greatest of evils we face may lie within
journeyman
journeyman
Was an awesome experience to watch you developer guys + wizards of the coast + host. Thank you for a nice evening (or morning in your timezone), I wish you an evil hand with all the game developement ahead and please please please make minimum 5 gamers for lan multiplayer instead of 4, my closest friendship dungeon P&P party consists of 5 friends. I promise, one of our guys will kiss the foot of this sneaky little bastard goblin of Adam. Vote 5 for lan multiplayer. :-))

Gather your party before venturing forth!
stranger
stranger
This was a great panel! I loved watching as the excitement from everyone involved was clearly seen.

I literally can't wait to try EA and watch the game evolve!

_Vic_ Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Random thoughts in no particular order.

-Amongst other things, they showed us some cool things you can do with the "Handle Animal" skill, one that is usually overlooked in most TT campaigns.

-Looks like you will have some interesting conversations with animals and your familiar. I think I´m vouching for a wiz or a bard for my first rodeo. Love it!

-It seems you can banter with all kinds of creatures, an intellect devoured included. Is it me or it has the voice of the sheep of Dos1 ha ha ha.

-Hook horrors, ilithids, intellect devourers, Cambions, Myconids and now a bullette. You gotta love landsharks. It seems they want to try some interesting creatures for the campaign.

-Sven, you really do not have to come up with excuses like making a pannel to don an armour. We know you love it.

-I want a goblin companion, if only for the cool accent. XD

Last edited by _Vic_; 18/08/20 07:13 PM.
addict
addict
Systems requirements available at Steam Page:

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space
Additional Notes: The minimum requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
Additional Notes: The recommended requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
Additional Notes: The recommended requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Random thoughts in no particular order.

-Amongst other things, they showed us some cool things you can do with the "Handle Animal" skill, one that is usually overlooked in most TT campaigns.

-Looks like you will have some interesting conversations with animals and your familiar. I think I´m vouching for a wiz or a bard for my first rodeo. Love it!

-It seems you can banter with all kinds of creatures, an intellect devoured included. Is it me or it has the voice of the sheep of Dos1 ha ha ha.

-Hook horrors, ilithids, intellect devourers, Cambions, Myconids and now a bullette. You gotta love landsharks. It seems they want to try some interesting creatures for the campaign.

-Sven, you really do not have to come up with excuses like making a pannel to don an armour. We know you love it.

-I want a goblin companion, if only for the cool accent. XD

Yeah this reveal today was the best thus far for me. And it was precisely because we got to see some things beyond just combat.

I have decided that the combat in this game will suck and I will not enjoy combat encounters at all. Nothing that's revealed in the future will change that. So what I want is more and more information on those parts of the game outside of combat. I want to know: Will there be enough things/content in this game outside of combat that will make it worth my time to play it? This is the question for which I have not received an answer thus far, so it was nice to finally see some things outside of combat. And even though it was not a lot, what was shown was indeed pretty cool, like talking with animals and talking with the dead.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

MINIMUM:

Wow, that's pretty steep. That doesn't sound promising for entry level cards still on the market (GTX 1050ti or GTX 960 as a former mid-range one), same as AMD's RX 460 line, as both cards listed are to be considered a tier above those. On the other hand, there oddly isn't that HUGE a difference between the GTX 780 (minimum) and GTX 1060 (recommended), which makes this seem pretty much work in optimization progress.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

Last edited by Sven_; 18/08/20 08:17 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sven_
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

MINIMUM:

Wow, that's pretty steep. That doesn't sound promising for entry level cards still on the market (GTX 1050ti or GTX 960 as a former mid-range one), same as AMD's RX 460 line, as both cards listed are to be considered a tier above those. On the other hand, there oddly isn't that HUGE a difference between the GTX 780 (minimum) and GTX 1060 (recommended), which makes this seem pretty much work in optimization progress.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

And I don't even have GTX960 - I have GTX960M. Darn. BG3, Avowed, Cyberpunk. The games I will want to play, but most likely won't be able to grows.

Originally Posted by DrunkPunk
And did anyone else catch what they were saying about multiplayer a bit before the date reveal?

It would be nice as I am not 100% sure either.

I understood, that multiplayer will be in, but only custom characters will be available, so no options for coop companions to play as your companions (no origins in other words). And there won't be split screen for now.

Last edited by Wormerine; 18/08/20 08:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Some thoughts:

Looks impressive as always. I am intrigued by speaking to dead/animal handling/talking to animals. While it is not new for Larian, it seems like the implimentation is more to my liking. In D:OS2 you simply HAVE in your party pet pal, and ability to speak to dead. My hope is that those will be more "optional" - things to give more flavour to individual playthroughs rather then mandatory features (to the point where in D:OS2 giving all characters pet-pal and turning ghost visions permanently on are must-mods to remove tedium, as those are just too mandatory to have).

Something more pessimistic - it's all starts on a real highpoint - mindflayers and hell and Blood Wars from the get go. It could give players a nice perspecitve of "growth" (look at those creature you have no hope to fight!), but also could have the opposite effect. I am also somewhat worried but those tie-ins to WotC products. Historically, the most engaging stories come from exploring unexplored, rather then being closely tied to other products. It doesn't have to hurt BG3, but "Hey, WorC is releasing table-top campaign which ties to this game" and "Hey, look here is blood war, and also here is the book about it" rubs me the wrong way. That said, BGs also often refered to other DnD properties, and it gave the world depth without feeling off, so we shall see.

Taming the brain was quite gross.

Question about opening cinematic. Does it change if we play as Gythianki companions? Or do we observe ourselves from FPView, in spite of being her (2nd person view in that case?)

Last edited by Wormerine; 18/08/20 08:36 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
[quote=Sven_][
And I don't even have GTX960 - I have GTX960M. Darn. BG3, Avowed, Cyberpunk. The games I will want to play, but most likely won't be able to grows.

I've still got my GTX 1050 ti from three years ago. Wanted to wait until the new cards are all out to check (beginning of next year likely), but since I wanted to participate in the EA, not so sure... Since it's not a full release anyway, I could always lower the resolution and details a bit, perhaps. Plus, this not being a twitch-based game, the occasional frame dip won't hurt too much. Still, those requirements so far don't make much sense, as there isn't that HUGE of a difference between the minimum GTX 780 and recommended 1060. Usually the minimum and recommended are leagues apart. They'Re still in optimization, which is probably why it's that way.

Last edited by Sven_; 18/08/20 08:35 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by DrunkPunk
And did anyone else catch what they were saying about multiplayer a bit before the date reveal?

It would be nice as I am not 100% sure either.

I understood, that multiplayer will be in, but only custom characters will be available, so no options for coop companions to play as your companions (no origins in other words). And there won't be split screen for now.

Ah that would be alright. I'm hoping it's in, I have a friend I play Divinity and some other co-op games with and can't imagine taking this journey solo, even for a bit of EA.

veteran
veteran
Still, those requirements so far don't make much sense, as there isn't that HUGE of a difference between the minimum GTX 780 and recommended 1060. Usually the minimum and recommended are leagues apart. They'Re still in optimization, which is probably why it's that way.

Quite right. Optimisation is one of the things they mentioned that might delay the EA release, so it might be a safe bet for now. Or maybe it's what they are targeting. It is likely EA won't run as well as final game will. We will see.

Ah, brings me to the time when I played through Jade Empire as a slide show. Those were the times. I am too old for that nowadays. Not as excitable.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Still, those requirements so far don't make much sense, as there isn't that HUGE of a difference between the minimum GTX 780 and recommended 1060. Usually the minimum and recommended are leagues apart. They'Re still in optimization, which is probably why it's that way.

Quite right. Optimisation is one of the things they mentioned that might delay the EA release, so it might be a safe bet for now. Or maybe it's what they are targeting. It is likely EA won't run as well as final game will. We will see.

Ah, brings me to the time when I played through Jade Empire as a slide show. Those were the times. I am too old for that nowadays. Not as excitable.

They will likely change.. those are almost Flight Simulator 2020 requirements. https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-pc-requirements

addict
addict
Swen did not sound very convincing about release date and I will not be surprised if it gets delayed again.

From what they told it seems Act 2 will be the Baldur's Gate city itself and I hope it will be HUGE.

Few thoughts:

Positive:

- The lobotomy scene was just perfect. Illumination, tone, narrative. Everything was on point.

- The music is absolutely phenomenal. Far superior than old BG games.

- The player agency and decision tree is really surreal. They clearly invested a lot of time there.

Negative/wishlist:

- Don't know if this will be the final UI, but it is still looks very DOS2. Wished something like BG2 which was more artistic with variations in gold (which goes along with overall artwork for the game).

- They said they were recording latin for spells. From what we've seen they only speak rushed brief latin. I was hoping something closer to original effects. It can slow down the turns, but I think would be far more interesting.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 18/08/20 10:50 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard