Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#672049 19/08/20 12:54 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This thread is meant to brainstorm ideas on how to keep the game fresh and original.

One of the best things about D&D is being able to start a fresh campaign with a new group of characters and experience a brand new atmosphere.

I noticed in DOS2 we always start off in the same boat, land on the same beach and go to the same town of Fort Joy. This repetitiveness creates a less enjoyable experience if someone decides to reroll character or start a new session - we end up doing the exact same thing.

To start, I have a suggestion that involves a random starting point for a new party in 10 different locations where the ship may crash. I mean the ship already teleports to different planes, so I am expanding on this amazing idea. From a programming side I don't think it would be very complicated. An easy way to generate and determine these random places is to have the system recognize the last second (numbers 1 to 10) during character creation.

I feel this would allow players to start fresh and rejuvenated right from the start, and draw us in to the unforgettable world that has been created for us. It would also keep it unpredictable for new and returning players, while giving options for developers to implement new content that is desperately needed in our age of gaming.

Looking forward to your ideas,
Krombrock

Krombrock #672073 19/08/20 02:40 PM
veteran
veteran
Mod support and custom campaign editor. Enough depth to create different experience based on party composition, skills we pick and our choices.

Krombrock #672078 19/08/20 06:12 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
If the editor is shipped there's a good chance parts 4 and 5 are released before 2 and 3 smile

Wormerine #672082 19/08/20 07:37 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Mod support and custom campaign editor.

Yes. Best way to get the most out of the content provided in the game, and to expand it / keep it fresh.

Last edited by etonbears; 19/08/20 07:38 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard