Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
Kuruz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi there and good evening.
A couple of months ago I opened a thread ( http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=86668&Number=668152#Post668152 ) about my native language (italian) and Raze confirmed that it is going to be in the game, but right now from steam page italian language is "not available" after the newest update, can we have a definitive answer about this matter?
I think italian community would like to know if BG3 will be translated in italian or not.

Support
Support

Unfortunately I was mistaken, and Italian will not be one of the initial languages. There may be additional localisations added after release; while text is being written and revised (with nearly 46k planned lines of dialogue) there are limits to how many translations can be practically managed at the same time.

#672088 19/08/20 08:43 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K

Hello, I have a question, in an interview with Sven from an Italian newspaper he confirmed the Italian subtitles in the finished game, is it still confirmed?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately I was mistaken, and Italian will not be one of the initial languages. There may be additional localisations added after release; while text is being written and revised (with nearly 46k planned lines of dialogue) there are limits to how many translations can be practically managed at the same time.

Are you talking about the EA or the release of the finished game,,,In an interview from a italian site Sven talk about italian language on game when will release

Support
Support

I was referring to the full release. Was that a recent interview? Do you have a link?
I'll check with the person in charge of the localisations to confirm / clarify. I'll also merge your other topic about this here.

Kuruz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

I'll check with the person in charge of the localisations to confirm / clarify. I'll also merge your other topic about this here.

Yes please, we would like to know if BG3 is going to be translated or not once the game is released or at some point in the future.
There has been a lot of uncertainty about italian localization, we would like to have a final answer about this matter if it's possible.

Last edited by Kuruz; 20/08/20 07:21 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K

I was referring to the full release. Was that a recent interview? Do you have a link?

Sure

https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/in...eplay-localizzazione-italiana-44128.html

Was a official interview with a one of the largest gaming newspapers in Italy from Los Angeles E3 with Swen Vincke e Mike Mearls

Is in italian, i translate the piece that interest us

EVERYEYE.IT: Welcome to both of you! It 's really a pleasure to finally talk about Baldur's Gate 3, and who better than you two to clarify our doubts; we have thousands of questions to ask you, for example, to begin with, from our community they ask us if the game will be localized in Italian since launch, can you confirm it?

SVEN: Absolutely yes, we can confirm it. We can not say anything about audio dubbing for the moment, we are still in a very armored phase, but know that with this production we have no intention of taking a step back from Original Sin 2, and soon we will be able to talk about it openly.

Last edited by Krudar; 20/08/20 08:21 AM.
Support
Support

Thank you for the link/details. The original intent was indeed to continue supporting the same languages as D:OS 2. Unfortunately, once development had progressed to a point where there was enough finalised text to begin translating, the scope of that meant that it was not feasible to do (in D:OS 2 there were 17,600 lines of dialogue in Early Access; with BG3 there are 45,980).
After release additional localisations can be reconsidered.

Kuruz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh well, that will be a good excuse to refine english language and to learn some new words and terms, hopefully the dialogues won't be hard to understand like it used to be in Disco Elysium and similar games, I had to quit playing that game because it was frustrating for the most part.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Dear Raze, I'm sorry to see and hear that after Sven's nice words in the interviews, everything went to hell. I hoped that after the past experiences where for 2 masterpieces of the Divinity series: Original Sin and the interest of our Italian community in translating them in a completely free way, as well as the Baldur's Gate series, at least for a title like BG3 Larian Studios could make an effort and give our country the translation at least of the texts.
Dear Raze, the phrase so much mentioned by you "After release additional localisations can be reconsidered", has already been repeated several times, and obviously denied. A salute to Sven and David W. from Dark Legend T.i.g.e.r. Team translation

stranger
stranger
Hi, i’m forced to write in my language because, unless I use Google translate, my english si really bad.

Mi dispiace, mi dispiace parecchio.
Io purtroppo mastico poco l’inglese, sono di quella generazione che non vedeva (erroneamente) l’utilità nello studiarlo e che non aveva tutta la ricchezza di connessioni che abbiamo ora. Di contro gioco a D&d da oltre 27 anni e mi sarebbe piaciuto molto giocare questo titolo che, a conti fatti, non acquisterò in quanto il gioco di ruolo per me è alla base (o dovrebbe esserlo) di un titolo del genere. E sono certo che tutti i membri italiani della community di D&d la pensino come me.

Detto questo, spero torniate sui vostri passi e che vi mostriate aperti anche verso una lingua (l’italiano appunto) che anche se non é propria di molti Stati unisce comunque una grande fetta di mercato ludico e videoludico.

Buon lavoro e grazie per l’attenzione.

stranger
stranger
Really bad news this one, after all the work italian community have done on dos II, we thought to be considered in this new project.
Hope you reconsider that, even because DOSII had a lot of visibility even after italian localization.
Imagine how great could be with a title like Baldurs gate3 that everyone is waiting for.
Hope that my litle voice can be usefull.
Regards

stranger
stranger
I would very much like to see my favorite game that I have been waiting for for years, translated into Italian

stranger
stranger
[quote=Kuruz]Hi there and good evening.
A couple of months ago I opened a thread ( http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=86668&Number=668152#Post668152 ) about my native language (italian) and Raze confirmed that it is going to be in the game, but right now from steam page italian language is "not available" after the newest update, can we have a definitive answer about this matter?
I think italian community would like to know if BG3 will be translated in italian or not.
[/quote]

Thanks for your tread, i'm italian and i hope that soon we'll can enjoy the complete translation of BG3 , the epic atmospheres of those games require specific terminology that prevents me from enjoying this. For this reason i think that i'll buy BG3 when the italian lanugage it'll be availible, unfortunatly...

Last edited by Cabal2989; 20/08/20 06:59 PM. Reason: Error
apprentice
apprentice
Io ho tolto la recensione positiva per entrambi i divinity su steam e non acquistero' bg3.

aspettate anche questa volta la traduzione dei T.I.G.E.R?

complimenti per la serietà

Last edited by pbrosio; 20/08/20 05:53 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Non è assolutamente giusto.

Vi reputo una delle Software House più valide degli ultimi anni, eppure continuate a snobbare il nostro paese, sperando che facciano altri il lavoro.
Ho supportato Divinity I e II, amandoli alla follia e stavo per preordinare Baldur's Gate III con grande entusiasmo, ma dovrò ricredermi.

Posso capire una traduzione totale, ma almeno i sottotitoli dovete concederceli.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Do you know how this is called? False advertising
And it would be interesting to know how many preorders you have received thanks to this false advertisement.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

apprentice
apprentice
ci sono veramente tanti fan di baldur's gate in italia!! molti veterani sono nati con pane e baldur's gate ma senza l'italiano leggere cosi tanto testo diventa un problema!!
spero in una traduzione ciao!!

stranger
stranger
Bad news, I hope that LARIAN will come back to his decision and put out an italian translation of, at least, the text. I am confident that LARIAN will not disappoint his many italian fans.

apprentice
apprentice
Hello Larian team, I write on my behalf and I think of many fans of the Baldur's Gate Saga. It was very disappointing to see the Italian localization disappear from your interests. We are a generation, that of the 80's grown up with masterpieces of the videogame genre. I feel very betrayed as your fan, this perhaps because the interview given to an Italian newspaper (everyeye) was done very lightly by your CEO Swen. We, the whole Italian community, are very frustrated and angry, we feel cheated. You have confronted interests of an economic nature (and we understand this) but what we regret is to see how the work already done by the Fans for the translation of DOS has not been taken into consideration to start an Italian translation for BG3. What transpires from your reply is vague, fleeting and unclear. We, the whole Italian community, believe in your project, it would be enough to read how many articles and videos have been made to understand the interest around this title (BG3). I want to clarify one thing: by continuing to cut out Italy, Portugal or others, production costs could certainly be reduced, but this would only go to your detriment, this type of attitude does not help the RPG market grow, on this countries ... I hope that your work will be appreciated by those who will have the opportunity to enjoy it in their own language. This will not be the case for the Italian community. Greetings.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard