Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
stranger
stranger
Hello Larian Studios why are you inserting 7 differents lenguages in your game without Italian? Honestly this is very disappointing... All of us want play you great game please reconsider your statement!

stranger
stranger
For 3 Times larian studios don t realize the italian localization , in 1998 black isle translate baldurs gate And larian no, in 2020 . From 20 year i have wait bg3, Thank You, change the name in lair studios, is so Much appropriate

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Maco
It would be more than necessary to release at least one TWEET to the whole community ... I begin to believe that you had no idea how many fans of this title you had in Italy. GUYS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BALDURS GATE, AND YOU ARE TREATING IT AS IF IT WERE DOS3

I have the same feeling. WotC this time made a huge mistake.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

stranger
stranger
Hi guys, i'm new in the forum. I'm italian, and first of all, i would like to thank you for your beautiful games, in particular Divinity original sin 2, which is simply a masterpiece. When i read that you were doing Baldur's gate 3 i was really happy, because i'm a fan of D&D (one of many here) and i am sure you are going to do another good job. When you said, in an interview, that finally you were doing an italian translation for such an important game, i really jumped for joy. Now we discovery that it was a mistake and you are using same words you used for the previous games, so i just think you'll never translate this game in italian. I don't have much to say, just i wanted to express my emotions about playing your games and how this rollercoaster of situations is saddening me. I hope you can change the idea about the translation, not now for the early release, but for the full one. I mean, there are lot of italian people who love D&D and your games, we just would like to play this game in our language as we did as children more than 20 years ago with the other games of this saga!

apprentice
apprentice
I would also like to raise a question ... why many journalists from Italian gaming magazines, such as multiplayer.it, everyeye.it, eurogamer and spaziogames.it, have been invited to your private conventions and press releases if at the end there was never the intention to release the game with an Italian translation?

stranger
stranger
This is not really happening...

Larian has clearly no idea the amount of people is raging right now. We are talking about the sequel of what is by most considered the BEST RPG game of all time.

A sequel that has been confirmed to ABSOLUTELY have an italian translation. And you erased your given word without the blinking of an eye.

Your behaviour was shameless but in this topic you are going even further. The subtly arrogant answers you gave to Dark Legend and all the other people complaining are a kick to the face not only to the FREE work the T.I.G.E.R. group did on DOS 2, but to all the Italian gaming community.

I entered this topic expecting some kind of apology, but once again you had the ability to disappoint me. I know, it was foolish to expect anything better.

I am sending e-mails to WoTC, Evereye and other Italian gaming press sites and I strongly recommend all fans of the 2 original masterpieces to do the same.

One little advice wich I hope you will NOT follow: release an official apology reguarding a "misunderstanding" on the Italian translation wich will be promptly included in the final game. This if you want to sell any copy of your game in Italy of course.

Best regards.

P.s. I still cannot believe it!

stranger
stranger
I am speechless for the lack of respect. After what happened with divinity and after your statements at E3 have we come to this?
I sincerely hope that amateur translators will not do your job again and then also make you profit on the passion of others.
I am really disappointed.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Squesing
You get worse and worse every answer you give.

Care to address any actual points, or just throw insults?

It really seems that you don't care at all of the entire italian community.

I am certainly sympathetic to your situation (I've had things I was looking forward be cancelled or altered, etc), but that doesn't change the circumstances.

perfectly fits the disonesty of the exploiting the workers giving the RIDICOLOUS explanation "I was exploited in the past, I knew the rules and I submit to them"..

I was not exploited. I did stuff as a hobby that I enjoyed doing, where everyone involved was entirely upfront.
The people who worked on the D:OS 2 localisation were autonomous, rational individuals, capable of deciding whether to help with the project and how much time they were willing to invest. The fact that a future game will not have an official Italian localisation at release does not mean that the people that worked on the D:OS 2 project were retroactively exploited. They did not work on the project with a promise of guaranteed localisations in the future, and never brought up such conditions when dealing with the legalities of the official release.

P.s. when you change a plan involving thousands of potential customers that was given a promise, don't you think that sounds VERY SHITTY that those people has to discover your decision just for a random question in a forum?

Yes, there you have an entirely valid point (though the Steam page was also updated).

Originally Posted by Trynd
Point is, these "plans" cant really change in a couple of days, a couple of months ago you were asked if italian would have been "planned" to be added for the final release, and you were positive about this matter.

That was my mistake based on the old interview and the same mistake being made adding Italian to the GOG store page. Unfortunately I didn't double check that, and the people who knew it was added by mistake did not mention it directly to me or in any of the company chat channels that I follow (I work remotely, not in one of the offices), and didn't catch it in the forum.

How unfortunate, why not announcing it earlier then, I am sure you and/or who is working for this game were already aware of that weeks before this announcement of "change of plans", and we know that only because a kind soul opened a thread here in your forum asking this question, otherwise we would have never known of this change of plans right now, because not a single word came from your mouth.

The people working on the localisations did indeed know about this months ago. Unfortunately, when the decision was made about how many localisations could be done and which ones, the interview confirming Italian the better part of a year earlier wasn't on anyone's mind.
Many things were changed or revised since the initial game announcement (many were not announced, some mentioned and described as a work in progress); it is hard to go through continuous evolution and change, then when something changes you may have once been confident of, think back if it was ever confirmed publicly (in any of very many interviews).

With the mistake on the BG3 store pages, it certainly would have been better to fix it as soon as it was noticed, rather than wait for the next page update (regardless of the somewhat convoluted process involved).

stranger
stranger
Let's make an example to fully underline the madnass of what is going on here.

Six months ago you booked a room in a beautiful hotel, you specifically asked the manager if the hotel has a swimming pool, since you are basing your reservation upon its presence. They ABSOLUTE assure you, there is.

One month prior to your arrival you call to check if everything is all right with your reservation and you are reassured it is all fine. Your swimming pool is waiting for you!

Now let's assume, 1 week before your arrival, you discover, reading another guest review, that the swimming pool has been demolished.

Anyone would be FURIOUS.

But this little story doesn't end here. You call the hotel demanding explanation, and the receptionist doesn't even apology. Not at all, she explains you that you have no reason to be mad, since the swimming pool was not considered profitable enough to be kept. And of course you cannot demand to be told in advance of such a huge change. Hotels change things all the time, it is their RIGHT, and by the way the pool was demolished 3 months ago, they didn't tell you because how do you suppose they can keep track of all their bookings, come on!

I wonder how many people could withstand such behaviour without going mad.

This little story has nothing to do with Larian and their promises on Baldur's Gate 3 Italian localization, of course, not at all...

Still unbeliavable...

enthusiast
enthusiast
This game has not been on sale anywhere. It's a work in progress.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

The people working on the localisations did indeed know about this months ago. Unfortunately, when the decision was made about how many localisations could be done and which ones, the interview confirming Italian the better part of a year earlier wasn't on anyone's mind.
Many things were changed or revised since the initial game announcement (many were not announced, some mentioned and described as a work in progress); it is hard to go through continuous evolution and change, then when something changes you may have once been confident of, think back if it was ever confirmed publicly (in any of very many interviews).

With the mistake on the BG3 store pages, it certainly would have been better to fix it as soon as it was noticed, rather than wait for the next page update (regardless of the somewhat convoluted process involved).

You should have warned us in time, at least with a single twitter message or something, a lot of people have spent money to fully enjoy this game by buying a new computer or signing for google stadia, you should have more respect towards italian community.
The fact that italian was listed on Steam and Gog without warning them in time (gog still has italian localization available right now <.<) about your change of plans, and the fact you confirmed mistakenly that italian would have been added a couple of months ago just show how disrespectful and unprofessional you guys are.

Last edited by Trynd; 22/08/20 06:44 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
stiamo perdendo tempo: rispondono sempre in modo vago!! apprezzo tutti questi messaggi ma non ci cagano!!

apprentice
apprentice

I am certainly sympathetic to your situation (I've had things I was looking forward be cancelled or altered, etc), but that doesn't change the circumstances.

perfectly fits the disonesty of the exploiting the workers giving the RIDICOLOUS explanation "I was exploited in the past, I knew the rules and I submit to them"..

I was not exploited. I did stuff as a hobby that I enjoyed doing, where everyone involved was entirely upfront.
The people who worked on the D:OS 2 localisation were autonomous, rational individuals, capable of deciding whether to help with the project and how much time they were willing to invest. The fact that a future game will not have an official Italian localisation at release does not mean that the people that worked on the D:OS 2 project were retroactively exploited. They did not work on the project with a promise of guaranteed localisations in the future, and never brought up such conditions when dealing with the legalities of the official release.

P.s. when you change a plan involving thousands of potential customers that was given a promise, don't you think that sounds VERY SHITTY that those people has to discover your decision just for a random question in a forum?

Yes, there you have an entirely valid point (though the Steam page was also updated).

Point is, these "plans" cant really change in a couple of days, a couple of months ago you were asked if italian would have been "planned" to be added for the final release, and you were positive about this matter.

That was my mistake based on the old interview and the same mistake being made adding Italian to the GOG store page. Unfortunately I didn't double check that, and the people who knew it was added by mistake did not mention it directly to me or in any of the company chat channels that I follow (I work remotely, not in one of the offices), and didn't catch it in the forum.

How unfortunate, why not announcing it earlier then, I am sure you and/or who is working for this game were already aware of that weeks before this announcement of "change of plans", and we know that only because a kind soul opened a thread here in your forum asking this question, otherwise we would have never known of this change of plans right now, because not a single word came from your mouth.

Dear Raze, it is obvious that you remain in your positions saying that things can change and that you have had problems and now one thing you have promised you have to deny to the all community of Italian fans.

But the point that you still with your work make a product that you sell and if you make an advertisement, you make promises you have created emotions, expectations that now for all Italians have become FALSE with a simple message on the forum.

Guys this is a game that there are people who have been waiting for it for 22 years, our reaction is normal.

Sorry for my bad english, but at least i'm trying to change your mind for the localization.

stranger
stranger

reading these answers only one thing emerges, that you are not interested in our language and never are interested in it,
this thing disappoints me not a little,

the fact that no one remembered the interview when it was understood the languages ​​to insert leaves me somewhat perplexed, are you a company or a group of kids at their first game?

stranger
stranger
I hope you are aware that we are not talking about a simple new rpg on the market, but we are talking about Baldur's Gate which is the king of rpgs. We have been waiting for the game for more than 20 years!

After the Italian localization was promised it all vanished a few hours ago with a "it was a mistake" try to imagine how we feel now ...

What we ask you is to reconsider this decision and give to all of your italian fans Baldur's Gate 3 in our language. We showed you our love in the past, not once but twice, probably It's time to show that you care for our fanbase which is the second largest in the world for selling D&D manuals please ask Wizard of the Coast.

Sincerely.

Last edited by SteFrankie; 22/08/20 08:17 AM.

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
stranger
stranger
D:OS2 - comprato 22.12.2016, primo avvio 02.02.2019 (appena rilasciata la traduzione italiana).

Ho comprato il vostro prodotto pur sapendo di non poterlo giocare al 100% ma ho dato fiducia ad uno studio di appassionati (thx @T.I.G.E.R Team) sapendo che lapassione avrebbe portato, prima o dopo, ad un risultato

BG3 sarà comunque un successo di vendite (easy peasy lemon squeezy) e sicuramente non vi accorgerete dei miei 30/40/50€ che vi mancano, ma questa volta non ci saranno.

To translate you could use google translate.

Best regards,

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CAGE
stiamo perdendo tempo: rispondono sempre in modo vago!!

No, è che siete semplicemente incapaci di accettare per buona una risposta chiara quando vi viene data.

Tra l'altro è talmente "ricca di appassionati italiani" questa community che pure questo coraggioso manipolo di insultatori seriali inviperiti ha dovuto quasi invariabilmente farsi l'account apposta per venire qui a ingiuriare lo studio di sviluppo.

Originally Posted by Lotrotk

You're speaking to deaf ears. They'll keep pretending to have a legitimate claim about the "false advertising".

Last edited by Tuco; 22/08/20 09:47 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tuco

No, è che siete semplicemente incapaci di accettare per buona una risposta chiara quando vi viene data.

Tra l'altro è talmente "ricca di appassionati italiani" questa community che pure questo coraggioso manipolo di insultatori seriali inviperiti ha dovuto quasi invariabilmente farsi l'account apposta per venire qui a ingiuriare lo studio di sviluppo.

You're speaking to deaf ears. They'll keep pretending to have a legitimate claim about the "false advertising".

I honestly don't understand what game you're playing. It seems to me that some people are trying to expose Larian their displeasure about the matter. Obviously there will always be some hotheads who are to be avoided reading, but diminishing a freedom to expose one's ideas and humbly ask to be reconsidered for the Italian localization does not seem wrong to me.

journeyman
journeyman

First of all, if you consider "getting worse" an insult, maybe you are not suited for working with people (maybe now we are getting close to an insult, but looking at facts we are still making reasonable assumptions). And no, your are not simpathetic at all. Seen from outside you look almost like a troll. Not even an apology came from your keyboard. This is shitty public relation put over a company misconduct. Very, very disappointing and enraging attitude.

Second, beta testing is not translating. It is perfectly normal to beta test a game for free. It is not normal to translate thousands of sentencies for free. It was an unique effort and act of love that you should apreciate and valorize (no, NOT MONETIZE, VALORIZE!!) and instead you made pefectly clear that you don't care at all about italian community and the big effort made just for the purpose to make your game playable by all. Your words about this situation sounds somehow like the exploiter's words when he says "well, my almost slave workers knew that they had to work 12 hours for 1 dollar a day, they prefer to accept it instead of have nothing, SO WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING?". It is not exatly the same, but the mentality is there.

It is so shameful and exploiting that your "market analisys" clearly rely on the free work of italian translators, and that is exploiting mentality for sure. This shit, and the unfulfilled promises, and the tone of your answers too, is literally destroying your perceived image to italian customers. I wonder how this choice could be good in any perspective.

I don't even know if I still hope you reconsider your decision or not. Sorry but I have to repeat "the insult": you are getting worse and worse every time you put a finger on the keyboard.

Last edited by Squesing; 22/08/20 09:55 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Tuco

Honestly I am not reading many insults right now, but rightful and justified critics about this grotesque and ridiculous situation.
On the contrary this topic has been closed earlier because you used some really embarassing and petty words, bringing up even authism, to insult one of the person here who was expressing his disappointment about this matter, and one of the moderators even quoted one of your message before closing this topic.

Last edited by Trynd; 22/08/20 10:07 AM.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard