Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Im playing the game on pc, and im having a bad problem: whenever i try to right click on a character or item, the menu that should appear comes totally blank of its options

Here is a picture of how it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/fZGA4mf

Can anyone please help? It hinders quite major functions on the game

Last edited by vometia; 08/11/18 05:57 AM. Reason: formatting
stranger
stranger
Is there "in the meantime" any solution to the problem?

Support
Support

Do you have any problem getting the context menu with NPCs or items in the world?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.

For Windows, does this happen in the classic version of the game?
Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator (or '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\Classic\EoCApp.exe' for the original release).
Try right clicking the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' option (set it to Application), maybe run as administrator and disable fullscreen optimization, and set a Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode.

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

If you create a new profile and start a new game (without mods), do you continue to have this problem?

stranger
stranger
First of all sorry, Engish is not my first language.

I'm running DOS2 Definitive Edition on Win10x64 from GOG. Hardware is kinda poor but meet system requirements. So settings are put to cheap level. Tried full screen and borderless full screen so far, no difference. Also switching profiles has no - positive - effect. Will try the repair stuff before next start and will report afterwards. Can also provide screen shots or more information if needed.

The problem is not consistent and will show up frequently but unpredictable on identifying items (there's a work around), lock picking or examine enemies. For instance: Doing the stone garden atm. A lot of locks of pick and right click doesn't work most of the time. But after being in the Qanna Vault one of the locks which had no menu before showed a menu after exit.

Last edited by t0mte; 22/08/20 09:44 PM.
Support
Support

If verifying files doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with a save where this can be reproduced (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If it happens in a new game/profile it is more likely system or install related, but if Qanna's vault was what got the lock working (rather than being random), it wouldn't hurt to check a save here.
If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

enthusiast
enthusiast
A friend of mine suffered the exact same issue on a clean gog install (no mods). Reloading or rebooting the game was the only thing that could permanently fix it. He was running the game on very low hardware.

I confirm this appeared only at times without a recognizable trigger. We were playing multiplayer co-op. I was the host.

Last edited by Lotrotk; 23/08/20 08:43 AM.
Support
Support

If low hardware specs are causing or contributing to the problem, hopefully lowering the resolution will help.

t0mte;
Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy). Also check the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin' folder for the gold.log file to include, if it is not empty. Alternately, you could post or PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc.

stranger
stranger
What i've done so far:
- Verifying files via GOG Galaxy. By accident i've done this twice. And afterwards another time. Why? GOG Galaxy will download "some files" - 337 mb each time (took a screenshot ut couldn't find this download) - during repair / verify process. It will install "these files" afterwards and pretend that all is fine. Three times in a row. I assume that these process either is bugged or can't resolve issue. Whatever that related issue may be.
- Lowering resolution. Makes the game run much more smoother. I'm using borderless fullscreen mode and it feels great.

What i've learned so far:
I'm not sure that blank right click is related "directly" to system stress aka low or high resolution. I've managed to pick (almost?) all locks in stone garden. Only once there was a problem - after speaking to an NPC menu was blank.
On my observations i guess, that blank menu is somehow related or triggered to/by "some events". "Some" interactions with NPCs, getting some XP, running a battle, ... can make the menu (dis)appear. Reloading / restarting the game "solved" the problem (so far). Cheers to Lotrotk!

As reloading seem to solve the problem a save will not be very helpful, i guess. But i will provide some if you wanna run a test. I will send the gog-screenshot, dxdiag.txt and goldlog to support via mail. If you need some more information plz let me know.

Support
Support

I reproduced the problem with Galaxy, so that isn't an issue on your end, at least. Galaxy appears to be re-downloading the .Net and all of the 2012-2015 VC redistributables to a '!Temp' folder in the D:OS 2 install folder each time it verifies files.

Since a reloading fixes the problem, a save would indeed not be much help (it would at least include the state of the game world while the bug was in effect), unless you notice more of a pattern, or find a way to at least somewhat reliably reproduce the problem (ie if speaking to that NPC always or sometimes triggered the bug, rather than it being a random occurrence).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard