Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The fifth community update is available right now!

Originally Posted by Larian Studios
What is Early Access? What are your expectations? Everyone has a different answer to this, depending on the experience they’re looking for, or their objectives that lead them to shipping a game into Early Access. Regardless how you define it, buying an Early Access game needs to be an informed decision and today we come here to inform.

We’re going to cover a bunch of topics discussed on the 18th’s Panel From Hell, where Geoff, Swen, Adam and Chris talked in some depth about not just Early Access, but also Avernus, first of the nine hells and the setting of the game’s tutorial.

Read the full post here!

Last edited by The Composer; 25/08/20 05:06 PM.
D
D
Sounds good! Glad to see the clarification on MP, I was a bit confused during the panel from hell. I can't wait!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Not every language is currently supported, as our writers are still developing the game which makes translation difficult.

...but which ones? the list on the steam is actual for EA?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Salto89
Not every language is currently supported, as our writers are still developing the game which makes translation difficult.

I believe what the statement means to imply is that during active development, a lot is subject to change; Particularly writing and text content. Translating into other languages would need to be an ongoing process during development to accommodate any changes made underways, so that easily snowballs into a lot of extra work any time a change or correction is made. So doing most of translation work towards the very end once everything is in a more finalized state is more efficient on both logistical costs (manpower working on it, time, coordination, QA and probably more) as well as economic makes a lot of sense to me.

I couldn't tell you for sure which languages are set in stone for EA (other than English), perhaps Raze could clarify on that when ever he gets around 😊

Last edited by The Composer; 25/08/20 04:12 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by The Composer
Originally Posted by Salto89

I believe what the statement means to imply is that during active development, a lot is subject to change; Particularly writing and text content. Translating into other languages would need to be an ongoing process during development to accommodate any changes made underways, so that easily snowballs into a lot of extra work any time a change or correction is made. So doing most of translation work towards the very end once everything is in a more finalized state is more efficient on both logistical costs (manpower working on it, time, coordination, QA and probably more) as well as economic makes a lot of sense to me.

I couldn't tell you for sure which languages are set in stone for EA (other than English), perhaps Raze could clarify on that when ever he gets around 😊

I understand, it's pretty obvious. It just feels that there was decision which languages will be supported for EA but there is no list.

N
old hand
old hand
N
They say in the update it's gonna be a 20-25 hours playthrough. But I think it's a wrong estimation because they don't count the time we will spend in combat. And in my case, with the time I take to think about my movement and skills, it will be more like 40 hours XD

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh there's certainly some variance, not to mention if you play multiplayer. My first full DOS2 playthrough was with a friend, and ours ended up to take ~165 hours which is well above the average. Trading, talking to NPCs, all sorts of influences. Estimates are just that though, estimates 😁

addict
addict
Not really an update, there is nothing really new there.

I wish they would work on things more interesting such as day night routines rather than speaking to the dead or animals.

veteran
veteran
No preorders eh. So all those baldurs gate keys I see around...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
No preorders eh. So all those baldurs gate keys I see around...

Yeah. I'll just quote Cromwelp in form of pictures, as he says it well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 25/08/20 06:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah, Larian already said in twitter that they are not supported by them.
"Be wary of preordering BG3 anywhere right now. We won't have a pre-order period. We have no plans to work with retail yet, and no 3rd party distributors. Haven't announced a price or date. We can't guarantee you'll get anything from them"

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1289649549980708865

addict
addict
EA is coming to Stadia on 9/30 too?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Emrikol
EA is coming to Stadia on 9/30 too?

Yes. 😊

veteran
veteran
Hey @The Composer any news on the gog front?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Not any more than what's currently stated, unfortunately. 'PC and Stadia'. I too wish it was a bit clearer.

Link Copied to Clipboard