Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks to the latest edition of the Larian Gazette we now know a good deal more about Early Access due on September 30th. Here I want to attach the blurbs and information regarding the current roster of Origin Characters. Be aware, we won't be able to play as them yet, but it never hurts getting to know our future companions.

Shadowheart
A loyal cleric of Shar, Shadowheart is the sole survivor of a holy mission undertaken for the Mistress of the Night. She alone must deliver a relic of immense power while threatened by foes on all sides, and a strange, untamed magic burgeoning from within.

Wyll
Noble by birth, Wyll made his name as the heroic 'Blade of Frontiers'. But to become a living legend, he made a bargain with a devil - and he now longs to break free before it consumes him for good.

Lae'zel
Lae'zel is a ferocious warrior, mighty even by the standards of a githyanki crèche. Faced with transforming into the very monster she's sworn to destroy, Lae'zel must prove herself worthy of rejoining her people - if they don't execute her first.

Astarion
Astarion prowled the night as a vampire spawn for centuries, serving a sadistic master until he was snatched away. Now he can walk in the light and has the chance at a new life, but how long can he keep his past buried?

Gale
Gale is a Waterdhavian wizard prodigy whose love for a goddess made him attempt something no mortal should. Blighted by the forbidden magic of ancient Netheril, Gale needs to undo the corruption that is overtaking him, a corruption that threatens to destroy the lives of thousands.

Evil always finds a way.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Looking at your picture, I think you made a pact with the Devil as well laugh

Looking at the header image on this forum then, from left to right: Shadowheart, Will, Gale, Astarion, Lae'zel

Last edited by Lotrotk; 25/08/20 06:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
We know several things more about Asterion: That they have to be invited to some places, that they may suffer damage walking over running water and that he craves to bite shadowheart (who doesn´t ?).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that Gale attempted to repeat Karsus' Folly. I could excuse a Netherese Destruction Orb in his chest, but Karsus! I am not angry Gale, just disappointed.

Evil always finds a way.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I can neither confirm nor deny to you allegations to infernal dealings. devil

Last edited by TheAscendent; 25/08/20 09:25 PM.

Evil always finds a way.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Thanks to the latest edition of the Larian Gazette we now know a good deal more about Early Access due on September 30th. Here I want to attach the blurbs and information regarding the current roster of Origin Characters. Be aware, we won't be able to play as them yet, but it never hurts getting to know our future companions.

Shadowheart
A loyal cleric of Shar, Shadowheart is the sole survivor of a holy mission undertaken for the Mistress of the Night. She alone must deliver a relic of immense power while threatened by foes on all sides, and a strange, untamed magic burgeoning from within.

Wyll
Noble by birth, Wyll made his name as the heroic 'Blade of Frontiers'. But to become a living legend, he made a bargain with a devil - and he now longs to break free before it consumes him for good.

Lae'zel
Lae'zel is a ferocious warrior, mighty even by the standards of a githyanki crèche. Faced with transforming into the very monster she's sworn to destroy, Lae'zel must prove herself worthy of rejoining her people - if they don't execute her first.

Astarion
Astarion prowled the night as a vampire spawn for centuries, serving a sadistic master until he was snatched away. Now he can walk in the light and has the chance at a new life, but how long can he keep his past buried?

Gale
Gale is a Waterdhavian wizard prodigy whose love for a goddess made him attempt something no mortal should. Blighted by the forbidden magic of ancient Netheril, Gale needs to undo the corruption that is overtaking him, a corruption that threatens to destroy the lives of thousands.

All those origin stories seem extremely boring to me. Somehow the characters we can play are described as extremely powerful and experienced warriors, yet they are all level 1 characters. Holy mission ... relic of immense power ... Living legend ... bargain with the devil ... in love with a goddess. Man, I just want to play a regular dude who got caught up in all this shit. I want to play someone who rises to be a mighty warrior out of necessity. A character I can identify with and grow with. Not play someone who is already the holy messias of the forgotten realm and a world renowed warrior, yet somehow weak like a goblin baby. And of course the vampire had to be an arrogant narcissist. Larian going straight for the kitsch.

Say what you want about the Diablo 3 story, but they at least had more interesting heroes as BG3 (or DOS2 for a fact)...

Yaaaawn.

Last edited by Daniel213; 05/09/20 03:34 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Daniel213
Originally Posted by TheAscendent

Shadowheart

Wyll

Lae'zel

Astarion

Gale

All those origin stories seem extremely boring to me. Somehow the characters we can play are described as extremely powerful and experienced warriors, yet they are all level 1 characters. Holy mission ... relic of immense power ... Living legend ... bargain with the devil ... in love with a goddess. Man, I just want to play a regular dude who got caught up in all this shit. I want to play someone who rises to be a mighty warrior out of necessity. A character I can identify with and grow with. Not play someone who is already the holy messias of the forgotten realm and a world renowed warrior, yet somehow weak like a goblin baby. And of course the vampire had to be an arrogant narcissist. Larian going straight for the kitsch.

Say what you want about the Diablo 3 story, but they at least had more interesting heroes as BG3 (or DOS2 for a fact)...

Yaaaawn.

Well, it’s a good thing you can make your own, then.

I played Diablo 3 and I can’t remember anything interesting about any of the characters. Diablo’s story, and by extension it’s characters, is trash tier, which is fine because that isn’t the focus.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard