Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gouin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi !

I thought i knew this game from A to Z, but now that i help my step-father playing a campaign i'm facing a deadlock in the Driftwood quest "a taste of freedom"

We've just met Glenna Graeme in Mordus' house after we encountered Lohar and killed Mordus.
But there is no pertinent dialog option for making her leave and let us enter the hatch ; nor any way to persuade her... and killing her makes the hatch blocked by an unremovable empty magical stool...

Did someone have this scenario and find a way out ?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I'll wait to see if Raze replies to this. I have an idea but it isn't helpful, ie, I think you needed to do this prior to killing Mordus.

Support
Support

You should be able to move the chair, but otherwise it should not block being able to select the hatch. Did you try zooming in or rotating the camera? Hit Alt, or toggle World Tooltips on in the controller UI, to see if that helps.
Did you try attacking the chair? A hit or two should destroy it.

There are things that can be done first, but I don't think there is anything essential that must be done before being able to get down the hatch. I'll double check in an early Reaper's Coast save and edit this... EDIT: yes, that works fine straight off the Lady Vengeance. This time I tried the non-violent approach (neither of the initial persuasion options are possible), and when dialogue was no longer useful, got Glenna Graeme's attention with a fireball (a destroyed chair shouldn't block the hatch).

If that doesn't help and you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save there (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Last edited by Raze; 25/08/20 02:58 AM. Reason: update
Gouin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

(a destroyed chair shouldn't block the hatch).

Wow... this stool was way too strong and clever for my team and I, but with your help and a fireball we defeated it, at last !

This is quite embarrassing but you have all my thanks !!! grin

By the way, you said you could avoid the fight with Glenna Graeme ? How did you do ? My fireball was shot when she was still on the stool, so she took it personal.
Is there a pacific way to move her away ?

Support
Support

No, I meant in the dialogue initially I tried to persuade her to let me in (rather than use the option to raise your weapons, that I had tried the first time). When you first get to Reaper's Coast, without doing any of the related quest stuff, neither option will get her to move, and you can not re-try, so attacking her is the only option.
I'm pretty sure any damage would turn her hostile.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
If you do that, does her body still show up by the cart on the way to the cave? At least I THINK I remember her body being there. Or, maybe it was the female dwarf in the cellar (if the case, this question is void) - anyway, the named body.

Last edited by caninelegion; 26/08/20 08:18 PM.
Support
Support

Which cart do you mean? I can check if you have a description, or the map coordinates, if you have a save near there (or know of a screenshot of the area that has the minimap visible).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard