Next Thread
Print Thread
#673627 31/08/20 01:43 AM
MGB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello!!

I hope everyone who reads this is doing well.

Has Larian revealed the racial benefits for the Half-Drow??

If so, is the Half-Drow a better fit than Half-Elf for the Warlock class??

Thanks for your assistance.

+ MGB

Last edited by MGB; 31/08/20 01:44 AM.
stranger
stranger
I guess they are a half elf subclass.

If drow are sensitive to light, that puts them at a serious disadvantage. I hope drow pc's get hostile reactions from npc's and non-drow pc's.

Stick to regular elves.

Last edited by Mongoose; 31/08/20 09:21 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Nothing official

https://polaqu.fandom.com/wiki/Half-Drow

Half-Drow Traits (Ex)

Medium size.
A half-drow base land speed is 30 feet.
+2 bonus to Will saves (by females) to resist divine spells, and supernatural abilities.
+2 racial bonus on saving throws made to resist the effects of drow poison.
Darkvision out to 60-feet.
+1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A half-drow does not have the elf’s ability to notice secret doors simply by passing near them.
+2 racial bonus on Intimidate and Survival checks.
Drow-Elf Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-drow is considered a drow elf. Half-drow, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect an elf, or drow, as their drow ancestors are; and they can use magic items that are only usable by an elf, or the drow subrace.
Light Sensitivity: Half-Drow are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: Any.

For me in pen and paper, half drow that were raised on the surface from birth would not get the light sensitivity. Though a character I played was cloaked and hooded in most instances, when he stepped outside he would sneeze uncontrollably a couple times until adjusted to the light. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this in real life, but I have light blue eyes and going into the sun makes me sneeze. It was a humorous way to treat light sensitivity in the game as well.

veteran
veteran
In the "Sword coast adventurer´s guide" WOTC book the half-drows have the usual half-elf features but with some differences

• Half-elf (Drow descent)
    Ability Scores: Cha +2; Choose any other two unique +1
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Age. Half-elves mature at the same rate humans do and reach adulthood around the age of 20. They live much longer than humans, however, often exceeding 180 years.
    Alignment. Half-elves share the chaotic bent of their elven heritage. They value both personal freedom and creative expression, demonstrating neither love of leaders nor desire for followers. They chafe at rules, resent others' demands, and sometimes prove unreliable, or at least unpredictable.
    Size. Half-elves are about the same size as humans, ranging from 5 to 6 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
    Darkvision. Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
    Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Variant Feature (Choose 1)
    Skill Versatility. You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.
    Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
    Drow Magic. You know the dancing lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the faerie fire spell once per day; you must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the darkness spell once per day; you must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, and one extra language of your choice.

[Sc: SCAG, p116]

If they use the PnP Half-drow they have no differences in stats. You can choose to forfeit the extra skill proficiencies and get one proficiency ( Yeah, I know crazy ) or get some racial spells (one use per long rest). that may useful for some builds but IMHO does not give any particular advantages for warlocks specifically in comparison with vanilla half-elves, albeit it´s cool to have drow magic for free but you may want the skills instead depending on your party, considering that warlocks only get 2 trained skills (and they do not have any of the universally useful perception and medicine, or even sneak, acrobatics, etc for example)

Right now we do not know the official features of the half-drow ingame.

Last edited by _Vic_; 31/08/20 04:28 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I say both are good since CHA is the main stat for warlocks so i plan to go Half-Elf (for regular warlock) Half-Drow (for edgy warlock)

[Linked Image]
MGB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I hope Vic is right! Thank you all for answering my questions.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard