Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi folks - & Devs .
Here is my feedback so far about stuff i think should be looked at :

- looks like there should be some weapon restriction for weapons ( clerics with bow not fun)

- mages ( and most classes ) look to be so agile on the battlefield - all can jump , dash , etc . ... it really should have some class restrictions ..... ( ninja wizards)

- on one play video a goblin in melle range decide to move away from the warrior and gets AoO hit ( this is common in Larian games , the AI is dumb )

- one issue with chesee on Dos2 was to split party and go with one in combat and others chars could in and out of it to recharge skills - endless aoe ( should be fixed if not) - this was most easy on different elevations where some chars from top mountain could drop fireballs on bellow and not engage ( guess was some distance bug) .

- not a fan of dialog options as they since they are not cursive you get the "stare" of the partner when checking options - should be a toggle and left like in Dos1-2 . Arial view

- cant see any ammo on bow ( hope there is ) . Also could not see armor spell restrictions ( should be )

- i get that DnD5 make most classes good in everything but i feel that 4 party members is quite low . Maybe this was something that should of been looked at dev phase . Really wanted to see a 6 ppl squad .

- not a fan of the infinite inventory and swaping items between chars with no distance restrictions ...

- really hope the AI can handle at least decent the different levels of elevations , from play videos i've seen one goblin sitting on a roof top while the party spent 3 - 4 endturns to get to him ( he wasant even shooting the knock out char)

- perma deaths should he a thing - smash in pieces of died frozen

Thanks for reading

Eng not my first language , sorry for grammar

Cheers

W
veteran
veteran
W
5th edition doesn’t have weapon restrictions for classes, just penalties for using weapons that your character isn’t trained with. Some of your objections are with the 5E rule set, not the game, but that isn’t changing.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Looks like 5E screwd this game

veteran
veteran
- In D&D 5e, classes have weapon proficiencies, weapons their class is good at using.
- Leaving combat to recharge skills is not applicable in this game because spells and special powers are resources which are consumed and do not auto-recharge if someone leaves combat no matter how long the stand around. And frankly speaking, worrying about someone cheesing the game that way is not worth worrying about, because that is only sabotaging their own fun.
- Permadeath is not even a thing in D&D. It's simply a matter of how much magic the party has access to. This is going to be a low level game, but Larian hasn't said how they'll handle death.

Originally Posted by Cristaldragon
Looks like 5E screwd this game

5e is the current system, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 used D&D, Wizards own Baldur's Gate, therefore they wanted this new game to use the current system. If that's a deal-breaker, then don't buy the game, but it is not changing.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I remember in Bg2 chars could perma die .

Also i do think now that 5E ia maybe grear for D&d but port it in games is just not fun .

Still have a beef with mages doing ninja moves like dashing , jumping on buildings ....

veteran
veteran
Sounds like your beef is with the modern rules of D&D 5e, not with the game, because almost all your grievances are with the PNP rules.

Last edited by _Vic_; 31/08/20 04:38 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Mages could cast haste and invisibility in the older Baldur’s Gate games. They could be just as much “ninjas” then and they can now.

veteran
veteran
There are no ammo on range weapons exept special ammo.
Basic ammo comes from your Infinite pockets.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 31/08/20 05:16 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Cristaldragon

Also i do think now that 5E ia maybe grear for D&d but port it in games is just not fun .

First, the game is not out, who knows if it's fun or not. Second, maybe someone can correct me: I don't think 5E has been done in a game before.

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 31/08/20 09:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
There´s "Solasta" in the making too, but there`s not another "already" made game that uses D&D5e rules.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by _Vic_
There´s "Solasta" in the making too, but there`s not another "already" made game that uses D&D5e rules.

True. And judging from the demo I played, it's pretty fun. My grievances with Solasta are more technicalities like camera work than the actual mechanics of 5E.

journeyman
journeyman
There was one game whose name escapes me now. It wasn't implemented very well, and the game sucked.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang

True. And judging from the demo I played, it's pretty fun. My grievances with Solasta are more technicalities like camera work than the actual mechanics of 5E.

Yep, me too... I hope they polish the game a little because the combat and class implementation in the demo was very good. Well, now they have the funds and time...

veteran
veteran

Yep, me too... I hope they polish the game a little because the combat and class implementation in the demo was very good. Well, now they have the funds and time...

What do you mean? What funds? Not another Epic exclusive I hope? They just announced EA on steam...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang

I wonder how far off in time this game is because honestly, it felt really far. It has a really strong foundation though.

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 01/09/20 12:13 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine

What do you mean? What funds? Not another Epic exclusive I hope? They just announced EA on steam...

No its not epic exclusive. Its on steam at least or the demo is so far, undoubtedly so will the EA just as Baldur's Gate 3 will be.

veteran
veteran
I meant the kickstarter funds, Not many news about the game since then. I assume they´re working on it and dealing with the COVID, as so many companies.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just checked the gameplays - tbh looks neat. I can see some camera issues but not a big thing

I mean i can lean into a new story and the combat has some xcom square in it so is ok .

Nevertheles i hope we stop with this over usage of flying stuff in Bg3 as i've seen 4 gamplays and in each there was at least one enemy flying from a cliff or tower .

smile

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
And add arial view to dialogs ,

i hate blank stares and buged close ups

veteran
veteran
I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but the whole world in 3 dimensions seems to be the new trend for D&D games, Solasta also uses heights, jumps and falls.

I´m ok with it, seems like a nice adition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard