Hello,

I do not really now how the cooperative play would be implemented in Baldur's Gate, but if we take into the consideration Divinity Original Sin 2, I wish to discuss one balancing issue, that we have encountering while playing DOS2 with friends. The problem is, that if the party is battle, but somebody is not - he does not entered turn based mode, so he can the world, go to the shop, buy the potions, resurrection scrolls, and then return to the battle healed and with the new items. Exploits can be made when someone is fleeing from the battle and then returns. We implemented house rule for that - if you flee from the battle - you cannot return to it, until party is not finished fighting.

So my idea is as follows:

If someone is entering the battle - the message will be appeared to everybody (even for those, who is not in the battle zone) with the information, that X player is entering the battle - "Do you wish to enter Turn Base mode to have opportunity to join them?" If player accepts - he can try to go into the battle (sneaking, teleporting by some items (pyramids), rushing to the battle zone etc.) in the turn based mode. If he cancels entering the turn based mode - he just cannot enter the battle zone until the battle is finished. Maybe community have some idea on this, and probably that can be added as an option in the difficulty setting.