Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#673654 31/08/20 01:55 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So, I could make this one long philosophical post about the pros and cons of early access....sorry to disappoint. A much simpler discussion.

How much is early access going to hit my wallet? Any news on that regard.

:)

veteran
veteran
Full game price I assume. $60? Just guessing.

veteran
veteran
Price isn't announced yet, but I'd agree with Wormerine in that it's better to set fair expectations and rather be positively surprised if any lower price is thrown at our wallet 😊

veteran
veteran
It will be the full price in part because they want to encourage those to buy Early Access because they want to help find bugs and improve gameplay, rather than just playing the game early. There will also be no pre-order bonus or other incentives to buy early, the price on release will be the same as early access so those who want the final finished product should just get that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It will be the full price in part because they want to encourage those to buy Early Access because they want to help find bugs and improve gameplay, rather than just playing the game early. There will also be no pre-order bonus or other incentives to buy early, the price on release will be the same as early access so those who want the final finished product should just get that.

Hopefully,. Larian is not Taleworlds smile

Last edited by Maximuuus; 31/08/20 06:13 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We are creating our most ambitious RPG yet, and pricing won’t change during development of the game, into release. We hope that by purchasing the game early, you’re on board for the Early Access journey, and we thrive from your feedback, letters, and discussion around our games. Our community is incredibly important to us, and we value each and every one of you who opt into the Early Access journey.”

From Steam page.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Hopefully,. Larian is not Taleworlds smile

Larian does have a good reputation here since both DOS and DOS2 were both early access games before coming to full release and they did take customer feedback seriously to make the games better.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
journeyman
journeyman
I'm guessing $60.

journeyman
journeyman
There's a fairly stubborn guy on the Steam forums who keeps posting/repeating ad nauseum that EA should be free anytime EA is mentioned, and arguing that Larian wouldn't charge for it if they didn't need the money.

I tried to suggest he should register an account here (which I stressed was free), and make his case here instead so Larian employees could at least see his feedback, if he feels that strongly about it....but of course his response to that was 'he's not that invested in BG3'. crazy

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm not sure he'd last that long if he derails every topic where EA is mentioned...

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
I'm not sure he'd last that long if he derails every topic where EA is mentioned...

You are right, and my guess is that's more to the point of why he won't really come over here.

Larian at some point really needs to assign a company admin moderator over there by the time EA releases to be honest. It's been fairly ugly at times.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.
addict
addict
The cost should be half price for EA, due to the fact that there will be no real time combat. ( couldn't help myself) weird

Last edited by Doomlord; 01/09/20 03:15 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
addict
addict

addict
addict
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

Thanks for the video, It was new to me. Question, Swen made it sound IMO, that the price was just for EA, I got the impression that we will have to buy the game when its released as well? I sure hope not.

Last edited by Doomlord; 03/09/20 04:42 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
journeyman
journeyman
No, you're paying for the full game release - in essence you're pre-ordering and then getting to play in the first third or so of the game content early, as they continue to develop new elements and tweak/balance existing ones. Then when full release is ready you'll be patched up to full 1.0.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tyndaleon
No, you're paying for the full game release - in essence you're pre-ordering and then getting to play in the first third or so of the game content early, as they continue to develop new elements and tweak/balance existing ones. Then when full release is ready you'll be patched up to full 1.0.

Thats what I had thought when I first heard about EA. Never purchased a EA game before. Thanks Tyndaleon for the heads up.

veteran
veteran
There are usually risks involved, but in this case it´s a safe bet they´ré going to make the game.

addict
addict
take my money.....

stranger
stranger
Still, full price for EA. Full price is what we pay for a full game. I will buy EA, don't get me wrong, but still, every early access I've bought has had a lowered price tag because the game was still in development and not yet fully released.
If this game was going to release fully in like 2-6 months, I would not say anything on the price, but it may be years before full release for all I know. Feel like the price may be a tad high.

Last edited by Nebbit; 04/09/20 09:51 AM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Price being the same all the time at least people don't feel forced to "pre order" it before it comes out of early access.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard