Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#674170 06/09/20 07:01 AM
OP Offline

As the co-founder of Tyrs Paladium, a renowned gaming guild for those 30 years of age and older, which has one of the best if not THE best track records for longevity in the games we reside in, we KNOW how to keep guildies logging in.

Are there any guild features in the game? I'm assuming there are not any.

Focus on guild life is paramount for this game's success long term. I am convinced that guilds are the LIFE BLOOD of every game that focuses on TEAM PLAY. Period.

I played alpha in DDO and Neverwinter. Extensively. Replayability of any game concerns us. It's why we have branched into a very few games in our 13 years playing together. I'm very interested in how Larian handles guilds, and it established guilds like our will be an after thought and not really play a role in the community, or if we will see a focus on developer outreach that pertains to guild play.

Once I get a feel for this, I can come up with our formula on how we are going to be a positive & constructive part of the Baldurs Gate III community.

Another thought is what is the developer outlook and commitment for this game longterm? DDO was launched in February 2006. They are STILL created fresh new content for that game. But most games flounder and die in the first 1 to 3 years.

Thusfar, I am not impressed with the Larian website for the game. They have to open this site up and take the forums more seriously then this as I find many of the LONG TERM active players DO USE the forums in games we reside in extensively.

We are VERY VERY excited for this game. This official D&D title needs a developer with SERIOUS commitment to the Dungeons & Dragons IP. I think this game is set to do many things great. It's either going to be a raging success or an apocalyptic mess (Swords of the Coast RIP). I think Larian Studios is the RIGHT TEAM and that is why we are heading out to pitch our tent here!! Hail, Hail Rock n Roll!!

S
veteran
veteran
S
its a single palyer RPG...so uh... probably not?

journeyman
journeyman
Hey. I think communities for games are great, but I think you may have caught the wrong impression about BG3. While I don't think this necessarily precludes a guild from existing, BG3 isn't a persistent world, like what we've seen on NWN and what drives an MMO. It's a self-contained campaign built for 1-4 players, a more standard CRPG like the older two BG games.

Don't let me kill your hype, but I would have felt bad not at least trying to check and make sure you knew it wasn't an MMO.

veteran
veteran
Baldur's Gate 3 is a single-player, story-based campaign for 1 to 4 players maximum. I suppose your guild could play a campaign together in co-op, and then do it again, but differently, repeating as much as desired, but it'll still be the same basic campaign and story, just with variations.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Baldur's Gate 3 is a single-player (...) campaign for 1 to 4 players.

single-player
adjective
denoting or relating to a video game designed for one player only.

confused

W
veteran
veteran
W
If a game can be played co-op by up to 4 players, it isn’t a single player game. It’s a multi-player game.

😑

veteran
veteran
I think you guys understand the intent of the message if you give it the slightest of willing minds. Don't get hung up on semantics 😊 But yeah, it's not a persistent universe per se, so any form of in-game guild mechanics is highly unlikely, at least at a meta-level. Perhaps there is a rogue's guild or something in lore, but that's a whole other thing.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by The Composer
I think you guys understand the intent of the message if you give it the slightest of willing minds. Don't get hung up on semantics 😊 But yeah, it's not a persistent universe per se, so any form of in-game guild mechanics is highly unlikely, at least at a meta-level. Perhaps there is a rogue's guild or something in lore, but that's a whole other thing.

Quite. While we can split hairs about whether or not "single-player with optional co-op" is an accurate and meaningful description, it is accurate and meaningful inasmuch as it's not an MMO with player guilds; though I dare say the latter can still exist in some informal capacity.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
you could say you and your friends was apart of a guild in the guild hall when the mind flayer picked you up like a bad tinder date as a roleplay kind of backstory

[Linked Image]
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Quite. While we can split hairs about whether or not "single-player with optional co-op" is an accurate and meaningful description.

Or rather co-op multiplayer game with an optional singleplayer. grin

I will see myself out.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard