Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
Quick note on knowing spells; you do get some information, namely whether it's a proper spell or a reaction spell - both of which can be counterspelled. You can even counterspell a counterspell.

Not saying this 'checkbox' would be unable to include 'counterspell reaction' as a separate tick, but there's still quite a bit of strategy behind counterspell's use.

journeyman
journeyman
Now, I would personally like to toggle between having an option to use a reaction and receive a prompt asking if I want to use one to be set for each individual character.

For example, a fighter would be toggled to use Attack of Opportunity as their reaction and I would just set that for them and call it good, whereas a wizard or a bard I'd like to have the option to choose on when they use a reaction.

If I'm in a combat scenario and there are multiple spell-casters. One of them is the boss and two of them are minions, I'd like to save counterspell for the boss in the event one of the other two is before him in initiative (or after my character's turn) because I think it'd be more likely that the boss would have better spells, so I don't want to just counterspell the first spell that comes as soon as I have a reaction available.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
D
D
I think we can implement a concept of trigger for BG3, for example there are different types of triggers like ‘trigger on miss’, ‘trigger on critical hit’, and etc. Then we can combine a normal ability and a trigger together to create a ‘new’ ability, not a real new one but a variant one that will only happen in certain case based on what trigger we use to create it. Then If we want to use it we just right click to set it in automatic mode.

So let’s say Precise Attack from Battlemaster. We combine the trigger on miss trigger with it and set it on, then anytime we dice a miss roll it will boom take into effect. Similar to the case OP said about Unncany dodge, it can b setup to trigger on critical hit.

Not a perfect solution but at least we get some control on the reactions.

The UI can be done in this way, every ability is an icon, every trigger is a frame, we can put an icon in a frame to combine them together. Right click to set it to auto mode.

Last edited by dunehunter; 01/10/20 11:16 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard