Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Lots of news about multiplayer and the cinematic approach for Baldur's Gate 3! New poster and a fun video to watch Swen + guests be up to shenanigans. And some Q&A from community questions sourced from the Larian Studios Discord and a Reddit thread.

Read the FULL Community Update here!

Last edited by vometia; 27/10/20 06:13 AM.
@5:28 "later on if you choose to play Astarion OR a vampire..."

He probably didn't mean to say it like that and/or isn't intending to reveal the option to play as a unique vampire/vampire-spawn.

Last edited by deathidge; 10/09/20 06:42 PM.
addict
addict
Glad to learn of some definite plans to include modding after 1.0 (just hope it is intuitive and robust).

As for the cinematics, am I correct in understanding that not only will the other players be able to see the scene with the main player and provide input on dialogue choices, but that the other players will see the scene from their character’s perspective?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by deathidge
@5:28 "later on if you choose to play Astarion OR a vampire..."

He probably didn't mean to say it like that and/or isn't intending to reveal the option to play as a unique vampire/vampire-spawn.

....or did he?

[img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/66c32467a02327da2aab938ca14b95f9/tenor.gif?itemid=4265641[/img]

Edit: ok, apparently image tagging doesn't work...but you can click on it for what many probably already know it is anyway.

Last edited by Tyndaleon; 10/09/20 08:00 PM.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I would like to know if the manner of how they add mod tools will actually make sense. I have seen games that added mod support like a year or two after the release at which point nobody really cared anymore. Also does Stadia even support modding?

journeyman
journeyman
Also, please suggest to @Cromwelp to review from bottom up on questions....that Reddit thread is a week old now, and most of the questions used in today's update look more recent in the overall thread....so if they're only reviewing the most recent stuff eventually the oldest ones at the end get lost in the proverbial ether.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by eLeF
Also does Stadia even support modding?

I don't think so.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Tyndaleon
Also, please suggest to @Cromwelp to review from bottom up on questions....that Reddit thread is a week old now, and most of the questions used in today's update look more recent in the overall thread....so if they're only reviewing the most recent stuff eventually the oldest ones at the end get lost in the proverbial ether.

If the handling of questions goes about anywhere alike how it was done for Q&A during Panel from Hell, then I can assure you that all the questions are seen and considered. Basically, it's... Collect all the questions > Sift through and move applicable questions to its own list > Work through the curated questions".

Essentially, the questions aren't just copy pasted at willy nilly from Reddit / the Google doc directly, but handled in a slightly more editorial fashion 😊

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by The Composer

If the handling of questions goes about anywhere alike how it was done for Q&A during Panel from Hell, then I can assure you that all the questions are seen and considered. Basically, it's... Collect all the questions > Sift through and move applicable questions to its own list > Work through the curated questions".

Essentially, the questions aren't just copy pasted at willy nilly from Reddit / the Google doc directly, but handled in a slightly more editorial fashion 😊

Gotcha....and as I said on Discord, it wasn't a complaint either so much as just an observation of the initial questions answered and a hope based on that. Thanks! Also....Google doc? I only knew of the Reddit thread opened to consolidate questions - I suppose I missed something.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, there's a pinned Google doc in the BG3 channel on discord.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Edit: ok, apparently image tagging doesn't work...but you can click on it for what many probably already know it is anyway.

Yeah, the forum software's not very intelligent with image linking, unfortunately: the link needs to end with .gif, .jpg or .png and even then it's a bit "hmm". An upgrade is in the pipeline... somewhere!

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Awesome video and the game is looking amazing!!!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia

Yeah, the forum software's not very intelligent with image linking, unfortunately: the link needs to end with .gif, .jpg or .png and even then it's a bit "hmm". An upgrade is in the pipeline... somewhere!

Sincere thanks for the affirmation that it wasn't just losing my technical savvy/acumen in my advancing years smirk

addict
addict
Actually just saw the new BG3 site:

https://baldursgate3.game/

Really nice artwork.

veteran
veteran
We didn´t know much about Wyll, but I like what they added to the image. I seems our warlock made a pact with a Succubus... kinky. A deadly mistake, but still kinky.
There was a thread some time ago asking for Succubus. Now you got it ha ha ha.

[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
In regards to Wyll's patron (the lovely lady to has wrapped herself about him) is she a succubus or an Erinyes? And if she is a succubus is he a devil or a demon, because apparently Succubus can be both. Though given the prominence the Nine Hells are playing, I am going to go for a Devilish Succubus. Raphael sure has some competition.
That is also a very interesting staff that Shadowheart is wielding.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
I am still somewhat confused as to how dialogues work. I assumed it will act as if it was singleplayer (one player engages in dialogue and it is tailored for him) and other one "listens in", as it was the case in D:OS1&2. Do coop partners need to initiate "listen in"? Are they pulled in if they are close enough? Can they do stuff while companion is talking? Can we minimise coop info UI (going whole cinematic is kinda pointless if we cover the screen with "what your friends want to do UI"). Can our companions influence initiated conversation (like interupt it) outside stating their wishes? In the video there was example of Coop buddies offering themselves or others as vampire food... shouldn't that be a choice exclusive for hte vampire? Should he make those choices behind peoples back? Shouldn't players be able to make throws to see if they are being fed on, rather then offer themselves? I suppose it could be this "we can read your mind thanks to tadpole thing" but I feel it erases a lot of possible interesting situations rather then enhancing them.

EDIT: Sorry, I am tired. Some of those were answered in the post.

Last edited by Wormerine; 11/09/20 10:55 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
In regards to Wyll's patron (the lovely lady to has wrapped herself about him) is she a succubus or an Erinyes? And if she is a succubus is he a devil or a demon, because apparently Succubus can be both. Though given the prominence the Nine Hells are playing, I am going to go for a Devilish Succubus. Raphael sure has some competition.
That is also a very interesting staff that Shadowheart is wielding.

I am not an expert for 5E, but in older games succubi were demons and erinyes were devils.
The fact that the game plays ( partly ) in hell ( home of devils ) has no influence on the question if he made a pact with a demon or devil before.
First, the game may also lead us to abbys at some point.
Second, both demons and devils can have reasons to send a minion to hell to do something for them.
Third, the characters go to hell because they get kidnapped by Illithids. It is unclear if they want to go there or if they were send there for other reasons too.

PS:
Looks like we have 2 moderators now. Vometia is no longer alone.
Welcome welcome

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Madscientist
PS:
Looks like we have 2 moderators now. Vometia is no longer alone.
Welcome welcome

Er, yes. Mr The Composer was incautious enough to show a level head so I had him abducted, and I've borrowed Freddo from TESF in case anyone needs that special "just one word can be more of a dressing down than you think" experience.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia

Er, yes. Mr The Composer was incautious enough to show a level head so I had him abducted, and I've borrowed Freddo from TESF in case anyone needs that special "just one word can be more of a dressing down than you think" experience.

(ForumKenobi) "Dressing down"....now that's a phrase I've not heard in a long time. A long time. (/ForumKenobi)

Side note: usage of parentheticals were to avoid potential further tagging issues - farbeit for me to tax the poor system logic worse than I already have in prior posts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard