Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”---Dale Carnegie.
veteran
veteran
Yayyy. Now if only requirements weren’t that high. Luckily Spelunky2 will fill the void.

veteran
veteran
Great news.
I understand the advantages of Epic games, steam or stadia, but I am a retro guy that prefer to have my games owned, downloaded and in physical he he

Last edited by _Vic_; 11/09/20 06:13 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
That's a good news indeed.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Larian is proving to listen to his fans. Congratulations Guys smile

-- Translate by google

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great! GOG all the way

Originally Posted by _Vic_
Great news.
I understand the advantages of Epic games, steam or stadia, but I am a retro guy that prefer to have my games owned, downloaded and in physical he he

Though you describe yourself as "retro", Vic, I think it would be more accurate to say that you are deeply sane, wise, intelligent and prudent.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank You! Great news. Now I can buy it without any regrets.

apprentice
apprentice
I am in the same boat on specifications. In fact I had to wait until last year just to play DOS1&2 due to older hardware limitations. In fact, my current specs are just under minimum. I found (2) NV GTX760 for $20 each which lets me play most games now. With each new generation of GPU the after-market prices get even cheaper. I get mine from a local reycling place which is nice because they will replace it if its bricked. If you are clever its not too hard to find older parts for cheap or free. Its just involves some hustle, driver patching and maybe more advanced stuff like bios flashing GPU but it can be done. I wish I had started being more creative aboyt upgrades sooner. I used to always buy new which is cool if the money is not an issue but now I am not sure its always worth the premium. Making older hardware perform above its specs is basically how I stayed busy in shelter lockdown. I setup a 5.1 speaker system too for almost nothing. Totally worth it!

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by lightzall
I am in the same boat on specifications. In fact I had to wait until last year just to play DOS1&2 due to older hardware limitations. In fact, my current specs are just under minimum. I found (2) NV GTX760 for $20 each which lets me play most games now. With each new generation of GPU the after-market prices get even cheaper. I get mine from a local reycling place which is nice because they will replace it if its bricked. If you are clever its not too hard to find older parts for cheap or free. Its just involves some hustle, driver patching and maybe more advanced stuff like bios flashing GPU but it can be done. I wish I had started being more creative aboyt upgrades sooner. I used to always buy new which is cool if the money is not an issue but now I am not sure its always worth the premium. Making older hardware perform above its specs is basically how I stayed busy in shelter lockdown. I setup a 5.1 speaker system too for almost nothing. Totally worth it!

Salute! You're a warrior for doing that much legwork.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lightzall

Salute! You're a warrior for doing that much legwork.

Seconded. This is an accomplishment. Having deep pockets isn't an accomplishment.

This is great news on the GoG front!

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard