Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by vometia

I'm 52. I still haven't warmed to controllers after 40-odd years! Which is odd because my typing is still lousy too.

I got my first controller last year, and I absolutely love it, but for certain games only. I can't imagine playing something like BG3 with a controller.

DOS2 from day one was amazing on Xbox controller, turn based truly does shine with it: even RTwP (like Baldur's Gate EE and Pillars 1+2) works amazing on controller which, to be honest, I thought would be impossible.....weird as!

I was super, super sceptical of controller with CRPGs, but not now, way good from the couch just relaxing and aligning team shots laugh

addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Ivory Samoan
I truly consider controller RPG gaming the next step in the rising median age of gamers - I'm 40 and I'm so much happier on my couch killing Illithids TBH.

I'm 52. I still haven't warmed to controllers after 40-odd years! Which is odd because my typing is still lousy too.

I'm older still, but haven't got the hang of controllers either. In my case its mostly to do with me being something of a giant, and the damn controllers being so small they are close to impossible for me to use. I had the same problem with mice for a long time, but nowadays there's size and weight variation in mice, and laser mice are *so* much more controllable than older technologies.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
DOS2 handled so good on a controller it's changed my thoughts on CRPGs and controllers 100%.

I'm pretty sure this'll be from Early Access too, the camera angle is perfection for controlling directly with a controller.

New Zealand's finest Gith with a dark urge for KFC XX
L
stranger
stranger
L
I would like to add my preference for using a controller for PC gaming at this point of my 57-year-long life. Playing while reclined is so much more comfortable than playing hunched over a keyboard!

S
stranger
stranger
S
For what its worth, there's controller support on Stadia in the early access version. It works ok, especially walking around is better than mouse+kb . It is a bit spotty with selecting things in the world, but right now even with mouse it is spotty. I am not particular fan of how many button presses it takes to do certain actions, i.e. to jump or cast a spell, depending on which bar these are located it might need you to go through multiple bars to get to it ). But overall it works right now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard