Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Banned
Banned
Who takes vacation time for an early access title? lol. it's not even the full game people.

stop treating EA like a preorder. It is a time for bugs, and crashes, and testing, and feedback. It isn't a vacation.

I am glad you are getting burned.

D
D
Originally Posted by qhristoff
Who takes vacation time for an early access title? lol. it's not even the full game people.

stop treating EA like a preorder. It is a time for bugs, and crashes, and testing, and feedback. It isn't a vacation.

I am glad you are getting burned.

lol why so bitter about people taking time off to enjoy early access? taking a few days off work isn't really that big of a deal for a lot of people.

Banned
Banned
I am not bitter, I am laughing.

I've been watching this behaviour for years and it never ceases to amuse me.

People who think EA is meant to be a vacation time or a game release are betraying the purpose of EA and diluting the feedback from actually interested parties.

Swen himself says don't buy EA if you don't plan on testing the games.

If more people actually used their brains than their epeens when making decisions about purchases, this wouldn't be so amusing.

But alas.

hahaha.

"time off to enjoy early access" is entirely the problematic perspective.

early access isn't "time off vacation game" ... it's "testing bugs and providing feedback game".

and until people start treating it that way, EA will never actually be anything but a hype train money grab.

Last edited by qhristoff; 23/09/20 05:42 PM.
D
D

People who think EA is meant to be a vacation time or a game release are betraying the purpose of EA and diluting the feedback from actually interested parties.

If more people actually used their brains than their epeens when making decisions about purchases, this wouldn't be so amusing.

But alas.

hahaha.

early access isn't "time off vacation game" ... it's "testing bugs and providing feedback game".

and until people start treating it that way, EA will never actually be anything but a hype train money grab.

you know people can test and provide feedback in an early access game and have fun at the same time, right? these things aren't mutually exclusive, if they were early access probably wouldn't be so prevalent in the industry. ironically enough I don't see a single person in this thread upset about the delay, in fact it makes my time off easier. at the end of the day, completed or not, this is a video game and it's there for our entertainment.

and you know, maybe you're not bitter, but it's pretty typical bitter behavior to say things like "I'm glad you're getting burned" despite nobody actually getting burned. but hey, if making bitter assumptions makes you feel better, then have at it, I guess. being obnoxiously negative about the community you're in seems to be a thing these days.

Banned
Banned
Yes of course, you're entirely correct. /s

enthusiast
enthusiast

But alas.

hahaha.

Sounds bitter to me. smile

Banned
Banned
The problem with a lot of people these days is that they cannot comprehend criticism, so they relegate it all to the individual being "mad" or "bitter".

It's not my job to educate you in the difference.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Twitter says they had updated requirements on the store page. They're still the same. They still make as little sense in parts (an FX 4350 is nowhere near as fast a CPU as an i5 4690).

Last edited by Sven_; 23/09/20 06:56 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
The problem with a lot of people these days is that they cannot comprehend criticism, so they relegate it all to the individual being "mad" or "bitter".

Being glad when people got burned isn’t criticism, it’s just being a jerk.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Being glad when people got burned isn’t criticism, it’s just being a jerk.

That's your opinion.

Mine is the joy of a potential learning experience for them. But hey, you can choose to see things as negative as you like. That's your prerogative.

Larian Studios
Larian Studios
Enough with the personal attacks.

enthusiast
enthusiast

But alas.

hahaha.

Maybe some people enjoy spending their time trying things out and giving feedback?

We’re all putting in time here talking about what features we’d like to see and giving feedback on whatever snippets of news we hear. By your logic we should all just STFU until the game is released in full.

Anyone joining early access will presumably play it. Some people might prefer to do that during the day instead of after work. So what? In these times there’s fewer options for doing the stuff many of us enjoy anyway.

veteran
veteran
BG3 EA has been delayed into October. Or by one week if you want to me less dramatic.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...yed-its-early-access-launch-by-one-week/

EDIT. Oh already reported. Sorry.

Last edited by Wormerine; 23/09/20 11:08 PM.
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Iamblitzwing
Keep crying.

Enough with the edgy remarks, thank you.

Put me in the naughty corner

It doesn't matter whether individuals approach Early Access as players or testers. Assuming they agree to let Larian gather data, they'll be providing useful information, providing data for the death map, paths taken and not taken, etc.

Last edited by Imryll; 24/09/20 06:50 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Imryll
It doesn't matter whether individuals approach Early Access as players or testers. Assuming they agree to let Larian gather data, they'll be providing useful information, providing data for the death map, paths taken and not taken, etc.

I guess it comes down as well to whether you've been a fan of Larian for long or you are a new comer. People who've been following their games at least since DOS1 know how valuable it is for them to have an EA and how successful it makes their work become afterwards.

Last edited by Nyanko; 24/09/20 09:37 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard