Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
In support of all guilds of Baldur's Gate III, and as an aid to all players looking for a fitting guild, here lies the first, newly updated, and only

[Linked Image]

** If you would like to list your guild details, please copy/paste this template into your post:

----------------------------------------------

Guild Name

Guild Leader:
Guild Contact:
Guild Website:
Guild Currently Recruiting:
Active Guild Size:
Guild Type:
Guild Peak Time Zones:
Raids per Week:
Raid Loot System:

Description:

Last edited by vometia; 21/08/19 08:39 AM. Reason: formatting
OP Offline
Tyrs Paladium

Guild Leader: Commodore
Guild Contact: Commodore
Guild Website: http://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/
Year Guild Founded: 2008 -- (11+ Years Strong!)
Guild Motto: "Play Hard, Laugh Hard, and Win, Together!"
Guild Currently Recruiting: Yes.
Active Guild Size Goal: 90-100 within the First year.
Guild Type: Casual, Adult
Guild Peak Time Zones: 5pm-2am Eastern. We have a world wide presence however, so guildies on 24/7.
Item Loot System: If you get it, its yours to do as you wish. We are a generous bunch.

Description: We are a 30+ years of age and older (25 to 65 yrs is our current age range), no drama, no zerg guild, where everybody knows everyone.. We are all about the camaraderie. We play to have fun, and lots of it. We allow you to play all your characters as YOU create them. Many in our guild have a PnP background.

We are a patriotic guild that have been and is still home to many fine veterans who have served their country proud. If you exemplify a no drama, no zerg protocol, you'll make many friends in Tyrs over the YEARS. Guild drama rules strictly enforced.

OP Offline
Hello all!! So lets set up a guild directory.

Which guilds are going to be playing BG III?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Commodore_Tyrs

How about the one for monster slayers? Whoops, wrong fantasy setting!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Lotrotk

How about the one for monster slayers? Whoops, wrong fantasy setting!

Haha very smooth Lotrotk!

OP Offline
Howdy guild leaders!

So which guilds will be coming to BGIII? I know ya'll are out there!

veteran
veteran
A Guild of Solitary Singeplayer Immersion. Sorry, but I don't accept any more members. I am at full capacity.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Howdy guild leaders!

So which guilds will be coming to BGIII? I know ya'll are out there!

I don’t think you will find any guilds out here. While clans for co-op games do exist, they tend to be rare and small. A lot of people who will be playing this game’s multiplayer will probably be playing with small groups of friends. They don’t need to set up a guild and recruit people.

OP Offline
Oh guilds will make their way to Baldur's Gate III, there is no question about it. There are many reasons to join a good guild. The social aspects alone can enhance a player's game experience exponentially and that camaraderie has been built right into the D&D experience since the early days of tabletop, which I was a part of (Chainmail anyone?).

Guilds can also be a solid place to go for game tips, D&D lore, making friends and many other factors that lead to replay ability and expanding your gaming horizons. Anyway this post is designed to be a guild directory, but I just wanted to reply to some of the comments above. Thank you for your input.

OP Offline
So are any MMO guilds planning on playing as a guild?

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 27/09/20 07:23 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Man, you are really trying to make this happen. You are the only person I’ve ever seen mention the word “guild” on this forum, and I’ve got this place open on my phone pretty much all day every day.

OP Offline
Unfortunately Larian doesn't think it terms of guilds due to the nature of the solo RPG element. However, this is actually a coop-mmo. This is one particular title that I believe guilds will try out. Especially old school gaming guilds. We'll certainly see.

Anywho, it there ARE any guilds trying BG3 out, you can get noticed in our directory.

OP Offline
Any MMO guilds out there that will be starting a BALDURS GATE 3 Chapter?

Let us know an be a part of the first guild directory in Baldur's Gate 3!!!

stranger
stranger
Again, you seem to be under the illusion that this game has anything to do with MMO's.
It is hard to believe that Guilds will be formed in this game, or the fact any guilds come to this game to play it like an MMO.
Players who are part of guilds may come play this with their guild buddies and play co-op, but that's the extent of "Guild" interaction you will see.
There are no Raids, there is no "Zones" to meet other players in, there is no persistent world.
This game is like Larian's previous game, Divinity: Original Sin 2 in that its a single Player/Co-op game.
This is a game where you can have multiple save files for a single playthrough and go back to them at any time with a single press of a button.
As of right now, there is no way to bring your character with you to another person's game, which is a staple mechanic of MMO's.
Its just you, or up to 3 of your friends, playing in an isolated campaign with no interference from anyone else.

Last edited by Brimcon; 26/04/21 02:21 AM.
I am going to have to agree with the other naysayers. Guilds are mostly irrelevant to this type of game and trying to maintain one will be an exercise in futility. And this is speaking from someone that has ran guilds with numbers of 400+ in MMO's for 19 years in MMO's like DAOC, Lineage II, AION, Rift, GW2, LOTO, etc.. This game is simply not designed for that kind of interaction, and running a guild based on website or forums as a core (with voice chat add ins) for players doing different things at different times would be chaotic at best. If anyone needs advice on a particular encounter there will be ton's of content creators on you-tube peddling there wares. So even an advice column on a forum would be mostly redundant. Honestly I wish you luck in your project, but expect to spend more time managing the guild and much less time playing the game as a consequence. It honestly is not worth the effort for this type of game in my opinion.

B
Banned
Banned
B
What kind of guild activities would you hope to run in this ostensibly single player RPG?

What part of the game qualifies as "MMO" as you claim? There is no persistent world, no dynamic world states, no open world PVE exploration, no zones in the MMO sense (just a 1-2-3 act progression in the campaign) ... there isn't even an online component (co-op play is not "online" in the MMO sense).

Last edited by bobcagyeon; 26/04/21 04:05 AM.
OP Offline
Guilds that are ALREADY established can and will do well in BG3. There will be a HUGE D&D community and a huge MMO community. And those environments LOVE social outlets that a guild can provide. Many who play or used to play MMOS are LONGTIME RPG players. Myself? I played all the "gold box" SSI games. Pool of Radiance, Dark Queen of Krynn, Curse of Azure Bonds on a Commodore 64, 128 and Amiga. I played D&D staring in 1976 -- -- White Box. So i know the reality of both MMO and RPG worlds -- on a computer and tabletop smile

No need to comment that guilds will not form here or need to form here. They will. And because they can be fun social environments that give direction, game tips, make friends and can fill parties rather easily, they should do quite well!!

Not to mention if you are an established guild already... what a great form of entertainment to provide your current guildies who may need a break away from their "A game" and are just looking for something else to do for awhile WITH THE friends they've made in your guild already. Joining a good guild of like minded individuals is a great tool when you are playing games as a temporary escape from reality.

Let's please give guilds a chance to form and recruit if they would like to expand their current guild, or launch a new one and make friends.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 26/04/21 04:12 AM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
So wouldn't you incorporate BG3 hype in your already existing guild framework rather than fish here for hype that isn't forthcoming because the audience by and large looks at this game as a single player experience with some coop on the side?

What is zerg protocol?

OP Offline
That's exactly what I'm doing Bob. In addition to providing a directory that later on can become a great resource for new players looking for parties and like minded camaraderie that guilds provide. We already know that the game isnt TABLETOP, or an MMO. What it is .. is a hybrid of the two. The game needs to FIND its niche and draw from BOTH COMMUNITIES. CoOps traditionally are very challenging to understand for new players. Guilds can provide a light and a path forward. A great way to save time and get your game information from trusted friends instead of sifting through website after website of marketing bunk and misinformation and other assorted white noise.

This is not a thread for folks that have no interest in forming a guild or being in one. This IS a thread that has been formed so that BG3 community members can find like minded gamers to form groups, and friendships with.

We have a ways to go yet... lets venture forth together when it's time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard