Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Support
Support

If you Alt-Tab out of the game and back, or save/reload, does that get the game screen to update?

When you tried windowed display mode, did you also try dropping the resolution and graphics settings?

If you start the game on the internal graphics, do you have the same problem?

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a save when this happens (or reply/PM with a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), as well as the rest of your system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OSX version number and model identifier. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a folder by right clicking and selecting compress.

Also include the sampler output from the Activity Monitor:
1. verify local files (right click on the game in the Steam library and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button).
2. launch Activity Monitor
3. start the game and trigger the largest explosion that is handy
4. Alt-Tab back to Desktop (windowed display mode may help) and check Activity Monitor. What do you see? How much CPU does the game consume?
5. double click on the game process and press the 'Sample' button. Wait until Sampler is finished
6. save sample output using 'Save' button

stranger
stranger
Thanks you for advices, but nothing helped, will have to make a refund(

stranger
stranger
Turning off the shadows worked. Doesn't crash on startup. Raze, you are great.

Update: As soon as a change a bit of the graphics, the game hangs and goes into dark mode and this propagates to finder level.

Last edited by AndersH; 25/05/20 07:02 PM. Reason: found new info.
Support
Support

Rafael_ZuB;
You cab also try updating to the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta. It will have the latest driver updates (I know there are fixes in the Intel drivers, at least), etc.
Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

AndersH;
Are there particular changes that trigger the problem again?
You can at least change the resolution and display mode by editing a configuration file, which may avoid that problem.

Edit the graphicSettings.lsx file (in the /Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder) in a text editor to manually change resolution and display mode.

To change the resolution, search for 'ScreenHeight', and edit the resolution in the value="xxxx" terms (shown below for 2560x1600 resolution):

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenHeight" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1600" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenWidth" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="2560" type="4" />
</node>

Search for 'fake' near the start of the file to set the display mode. Edit the number in value="0" or value="1" in the second line after FakeFullscreenEnabled and / or Fullscreen; if both FakeFullscreen and Fullscreen are set to zero, it will be in Window mode).

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="FakeFullscreenEnabled" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="0" type="4" />
</node>

(and a couple entries lower)

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="Fullscreen" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1" type="4" />
</node>

stranger
stranger
Thanks Raze. Will look into it.

stranger
stranger
I had this exact same problem. It was bizarre and the only workaround I found was:

1) Start a new game and make a manual save right before getting on the lifeboat (skip all of the rescue options)
2) Let the cutscene load into Fort Joy (this worked for me when I didn't try to save anyone else)
3) Once you're already in Fort Joy, THEN load your actual save and it should work.

The good news is, it got me through Fort Joy with minor annoyance and the next area seemed to work fine for Act 2. The bad news is, the area for Act 3 is now doing the same thing, so...

stranger
stranger
Hey folks,

I'm running on an old but decent enough iMac 5K. Whole game has been pretty much fine, as long as I close background apps before running the game.

Am on the very final fight in the game...
and when Braccus decides he should call in the God King, the screen goes black... there's some black/white rapid flashing and then the game effectively crashes.

It's actually running SUPER slow - if I wait about 10 minutes I can see stuff start to appear/happen the next stage of the conversation triggers but it's unplayable. I have to force quit (which takes a while) to avoid having to reboot my mac.

Help?

Support
Support

If you can kill that opponent quickly enough, it will bypass the second part of the fight (Rain + Thunderstorm, etc).

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'. In Galaxy 2.0, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.

With the App Store version (or GOG without using Galaxy):

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window (though for the App Store version the default install path is just in /Applications ).
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save there (or email/post/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
For the App Store version, the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

stranger
stranger
Hey Raze,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. I managed to solve it by just turning my graphics way down from Ultra to Medium and play the game in Windowed mode instead.

That seems to get me past that transition (after playing the whole game in Full screen / Ultra).

Just posting to say thanks and in case this helps someone else smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Too Dark to do anything in the tutorial even with gama max and brightns max and HDR on or off even windowed not a big help stil too dark if o need to start over from scratch do I need to uninstall athen reinstall? looks nothing like images in Apple App store. Is this mac too old to run this game?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.15.7 (19H2)
Kernel Version: Darwin 19.6.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

Support
Support

Your iMac is supported (for Steam/GOG, late 2013, with AMD GPUs, is also supported).

How is the background in the main menu? Is that also very dark?

Double check that HDR is disabled: hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu, if it is not coming up automatically (which should be the case, with an option to turn off).

From a quick search it looks like the Radeon R9 M290X does have some HDR support, though, so as long you are also outputting to a display that has HDR support, this may be an issue with the settings. To calibration HDR, if you have not already done so:
- Ensure you have Automatic Brightness Adjustments enabled (System Preferences/Display)
- Go to Options->HDR settings
- Start with Max Brightness and Min Contrast
- Press ‘Apply’
- DON’T apply general video settings. Just click close button and Discard the settings; there is a known bug with this
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference

Try creating a new user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, from the app container (in /Applications).

Try doing a clean boot and test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

M
stranger
stranger
M

ow is the background in the main menu? Is that also very dark?

no the menu screens that form a band down the middel of the game window from setup are fine I tried it with the HDR on in your setup as it selected it as the default I tried full screen and Windowed with no major change I was tring with firstt HDR set to max gama in your setup then with it off and brightness and contrast at max

Double check that HDR is disabled: hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu, if it is not coming up automatically (which should be the case, with an option to turn off).

From a quick search it looks like the Radeon R9 M290X does have some HDR support, though, so as long you are also outputting to a display that has HDR support, this may be an issue with the settings.

The version of the game I have is via the Apple App Store
Version 3.6.69.4648

The Basic HDR resolutions as well as the defauls from the display
2560X1440 is the default
I normaly run at 2048x1142 but 1600x900 is anothe basic selectio
2860X1620 and 3200X1800 going in the other direction but text is to hart to read up there so 2048X1142 is my normal
Higher res is posable i understand by messing about in the terminal comands but I dont do that sort of thing much any more
the actual specs are
AMD Radeon R9 M295X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M295X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6938
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C773AA-731
VBIOS Version: 113-C773A1-014
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.731
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina
Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: Internal

I will give this instrustion a try at 2048x1142 thanks
and report back

To calibration HDR, if you have not already done so:
- Ensure you have Automatic Brightness Adjustments enabled (System Preferences/Display)
- Go to Options->HDR settings
- Start with Max Brightness and Min Contrast
- Press ‘Apply’
- DON’T apply general video settings. Just click close button and Discard the settings; there is a known bug with this
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference

Try creating a new user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, from the app container (in /Applications).

Try doing a clean boot and test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Mustrum99
the menu screens that form a band down the middel of the game window from setup are fine

There should be a scene in the background of the main menu, showing a statue on the left with fire in a couple braziers, and in the middle a castle in the distance (starting an arena match or GM mode session will change to different scenes, and starting a new story campaign will change it back).

M
stranger
stranger
M
yep, they are still rather too dark contrasty with brightness max and contrast min but I can now play the game and it looks nothing like the sample screens in the Mac App store for the game.

Playable but not yet a good experience. perhaps the next version of mac os 10.16.x will help when it releases but I don't run beta os on this mac.

the Cinematics are fine

Last edited by Mustrum99; 27/09/20 07:03 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi everyone,

I just bought this game today on GOG and can't get it to work on my MacBook Pro 2019. I've downloaded and installed several times, but the game launches, my screen turns black and then it immediately crashes.

These are my specs:
2,3 GHz 8‑Core Intel Core i9 Prozessor der 9. Generation (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,8 GHz)
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M mit 8 GB GDDR6 Grafikspeicher
16 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 Arbeitsspeicher
1 TB SSD Speicher
16" Retina Display mit True Tone
Vier Thunderbolt 3 Anschlüsse
Touch Bar und Touch ID

This is the error I'm getting:
Process: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [2652]
Path: /Applications/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Divinity - Original Sin 2
Identifier: com.larian.dos2
Version: 3.6.69.4648 (3.6.69.4648)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [2652]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-09-27 22:37:30.272 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 4.6 (17P6610)
Anonymous UUID: 5FCEC1D7-633F-E0B5-22E3-7FBEBA0C5EFC

Time Awake Since Boot: 5100 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 45 GameThread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000232534d90
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [2652]

Any tips?

Support
Support

Mustrum99;
Did you try resetting the gamma, as well?

Post or email supportdos2@larian.com with a screenshot in the main menu or Fort Joy and I can check if the Mac programmers have any other suggestions.

Valgrind517;

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

Try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and delete the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different OSX user account would effectively do the same thing. Normally I would suggest renaming the folder for troubleshooting purposes, but if you don't have any saved games that isn't an issue.
After that, extract the replacement folder from this download into your '/Documents/Larian Studios' folder, and see if that will let you start the game.

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this helps.

If that doesn't help, please reply (or PM / email supportdos2@larian.com ) with your full system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number, Mac model name and year (indicating early/mid/late) and model identifier.
Also include the full crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.
You can use spoiler tags to post/PM, so there isn't a wall of text by default.
Code
[spoiler]text to hide[/spoiler]

stranger
stranger
@Raze

thanks for the quick response.

I created a test user on my MacBook and installed the game there and now it launches both in the new user and my main one. I'll report back if something arises, but this seems to have cleared that issue!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Post or email supportdos2@larian.com with a screenshot in the main menu or Fort Joy and I can check if the Mac programmers have any other suggestions.
OK I have done that as well as a crash on launch debugger report Thank you

can the Mac version obtained run mods and if so how do I install an essentalpets mod I got from Nexiss?

Support
Support

For the App Store, you should be able to copy/extract the pak file for Steam/Nexus mods to the folder:
/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/Mods

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thank you fro providing the path for the file.

I expect tha i come accross as strange careing about a cat made out of pixels but I am just another hapless cat servent at the end of the day

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard