Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Reskal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi there,

i love playing those old games, they seem to me a memory of a better world anyhow ;))
Typical GoG-lover i guess.
But my question is: i want to get some holy waters later(actually i'm in act 1, first battleground, freshly escaped the prison) and i heared those are really expensive. That's why i look for ways to get money much and early. Now in the battleground lvl 1 i saw a trader offering Trading and Embellish equipment.
Should i buy them and put points into them ? And how much ? And are they worth it to make a fortune ?

Support
Support

You should be able to get lots of gold even without these skills. If you have spare skill points you don't know what to do with, they couldn't hurt, and you can also unlearn skills to get the points back (though the price in gold goes up as the square of the character level, so eventually starts getting expensive).

For holy water, I didn't find any for sale until nearly the end of the game (though I was part/half way through before that possibility was added), and had no problem buying one from each of the BF traders.

Trading lets you reduce the price by 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54 and 60%, for the first 10 levels.
Embellish increases equipment value by 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 22 and 25%, also for the first 10 levels.

Beyond Divinity Strategy Guide

Reskal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the info about the skills.

Not sure if i have points to give away like this, i play a mage and actually i try to get the 4 elemental spells up ab it. Have fire on 2, wind and water on 1 and earth on 2 also.
As it looks, i would donate many skillpoints to get quite a few statpoints...don't know if its worth it.
When you post, trading is reducing the price, does that mean, that when i sell items to a merchant, i also get more money because of the trading skill ? Because if so, the trading skill would clearly better, even much better then embellish equipment.

The link you posted is not working anyhow, when i click it, i get:

"Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server."

Last edited by Reskal; 01/10/20 06:57 AM.
Support
Support

More effective, and mana efficient, magic starts to become available in act 2 (especially shaman magic).

Trading just reduces purchase prices.

The link worked when I posted; the site/domain must have just expired, or is having DNS or other issues (I'm getting different errors depending on the browser I try).

Here are some direct download links for the guide in high (60MB), medium (44MB) or low (30MB) quality (though even the 'low' quality one is still good quality, if space or bandwidth are an issue).

Reskal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I tried both my browsers, Edge and Mozilla Firefox, bot did not work with the link, must be something else then, but the DL worked fine, ty.
And for the skills, i guess i better save up the skill points and open every barrel i find smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Raze
The link worked when I posted; the site/domain must have just expired, or is having DNS or other issues (I'm getting different errors depending on the browser I try).

Strange; just had a look and the link resolves and points at something that seems to be completely unconfigured, just coming up with the default "there's nothing here" page of the software they're using. Which I guess means they're either upgrading or having "issues". Last update to whois was a week ago, but as you've accessed it since then it's probably not an expired domain.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard