Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello there!
I am trying to play an online coop campaign of DOS2 on PS4 with a friend, but so far we are experiencing almost every time the same issue: once the host invites the other one, no matter who’s the host and no matter which way the invitation is sent (from the Lobby, from inside the game, from an Arena game), the one who is joining the game remains stucked watching the loading screen, but the red loading line doesn’t appear at all.

We tried switching the host, inviting in multiple ways, switching wi-fi Connections (my friend has multiple Wi-Fis), un- and re-installing the game.

We are trying for like a month now, and this issues has allowed us to play just a couple times even if we are trying every other day.

What can we do?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Support
Support

Have either of you tried playing with anyone else?

Have you tried joining in the lobby, in addition to invitation?

If the multiplayer setting is on invite only, try switching it to friends only or public.

Try going into Arena mode, create an arena, open the Connectivity menu and check the settings, then exit to the main menu and try joining in the lobby. Alternately, create a multiplayer game lobby, exit and try joining.

Can you also try switching between wifi and wired, if available, or testing with a mobile phone's wifi hotspot feature, or other available network?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for the quick answer.

After a short break in playing, we found some time to try to figure out the issue following your suggestions.

We found a way to play coop consistently, that is tricky but successful almost every time (i don’t know if anybody will ever have the same issue, and need this, but i’ll post it just in case).

1) Player 2 (aka, the one who plays the online coop campaign as a GUEST), creates an arena lobby and invites Player 1 (aka, the one who plays the coop campaign as a HOST).

Both players must have the connectivity set to “Public”.

Often, Player 2 needs to send at least three invitations before Player 1 can join the Arena lobby (after accepting the first invitation, Player 1 is often stuck on a screen with a message that says “connecting”; he should leave the arena menu. The second invitation often results in failing to join the Arena lobby. Finally, the third invitation is often the successful one).

2) After Player 1 has joined, Player 2 leaves the lobby.

3) At this point Player 1 hosts a new campaign, and invites Player 2 to join. If player 2 can’t join, you should restart the whole process from the get-go.

4) Once the new campaign has started, Player 1 loads the campaign the two had trouble playing.

Thank you Raze for your time and a special shout-out to the whole Larian team for creating such an amazing game.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hi,
do you also have any other solution?
I tried this with my friend but it didnt work at all.
I created a threat with my problem here: https://forums.larian.com//ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=707206&#Post707206

thanks for the help!

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi
I am also having the same ps4 online connection issue. I am trying to play with a friend as we have both just downloaded the definitive edition.
We have tried the various methods suggested in this thread over the past few days but no luck at all. Is there a proper fix in the works at all?

Otherwise I think we will have to try and get a refund on the game as we bought it for the co-op experience which is currently impossible.

Thanks for any help in advance

F
stranger
stranger
F
i have the exact same issue on PS4, please Larian give us support, tras provide us with a fix, me and me friend bought the game exclusively to co-op it and we cant

W
stranger
stranger
W
Same bug here. No solution yet.

We used to play together (5 times), but we can't join each other.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard