Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
is there a script/process to effectively 'StopSound'?

Code
PlaySound(_Player, "Dramatic_Music");

That plays music....but how to stop it?
is there even a way to stop sounds in Divinity Engine 2?

I've searched Osiris and the toolkit all over for a way to stop sounds playing...stopping SoundVolume triggers, stopping PointSounds, stopping playSound calls, stopping PlaySoundResources calls.....nothing seems to work.....

seems a oversight to not handle stopping sound FX and music if there's ways to start them.

Am I missing something?

it's fine for a 5 second sound, but if you're using a trigger or script to play a custom music track...with no way to stop or change music....it's rather limiting!

Online Happy
Haven't tested this, but I believe there's a 'Music_Off' event or something like it. Try PlaySound(_Player, "Music_Off"); or PlaySound(_Player, "Music_None"); and see if it maybe works?

H
stranger
stranger
H
I was having similar issues with sounds and music. If you are using the Music Volume Trigger there are certain tracks that are considered "music" in the engine and can be stopped with the On Exit Play 'music_off' event. This does not work for some tracks and sound effects so instead use the Sound Volume Trigger and set the 'Ambient Resource ID' to the sound resource you want, it will by default stop playing the sound if they leave the trigger area. As far as scripting it to stop in osiris, i also had no luck with this....

Moderated by  Larian_Koala, Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard