Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677739 07/10/20 12:12 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
*Spoilers*

Upon first meeting Gale and attacking him, when trying to revive him after getting the true resurrection scroll from his pouch, when trying to revive Gale it simply says "invalid target" and you can not revive Gale preventing story continuation.

Last edited by vometia; 07/10/20 01:26 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
journeyman
journeyman
I am running into the same issue with revivify. I can activate, but nothing is a legal target.

stranger
stranger
I had the same issue with Astarion when he was downed in a fight. He made his death saving throws so he was just lying there at 0 HP. I think a healing spell would have done the trick but none of my characters had one.

I solved it by attacking him (an option when you right-click on him, or presumably also if you ctrl-click on him). That killed him and then I was able to use the revivify scroll.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Popjoy, this bug in particular is story related not battle related, in order for the story to continue you need to revive Gale, it is a quest so it's not the same bug you may be referring to perhaps.

stranger
stranger
I was having trouble trying to revive my friend after a fight. But when I went into forced turn order mode(press space), I was able to revive.

stranger
stranger
Ahh ok. I'm realizing now that I think I could have just used the "help" action to deal with it... oops.

journeyman
journeyman
So I found that you can only revivify after they are done dying. The game pops up with a notice for it.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Pobjoy
Ahh ok. I'm realizing now that I think I could have just used the "help" action to deal with it... oops.

Silly question...How do I use the "help" action?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Cinderelli
Originally Posted by Pobjoy

Silly question...How do I use the "help" action?

Never mind, I found this..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uHI-h5zEWI

stranger
stranger
did you ever realize that gale is just a shitty character and needs to die? :P

stranger
stranger
I'm not sure if it is the same issue or not but during my game Gale died during combat. Once going through the little process with the imp I did not get the scroll of true resurrection and I needed to use a scroll of
Revivify to revive Gale.

stranger
stranger
I had an issue where I teleported to where you initially meet Gale after not recruiting him. he instantly became hostile and then when i killed him, i went through the whole ordeal with the pouch, did everything correctly, but at the end of it I did not get the s croll of true resurrection. don't know if it is a bug or if it is because he hadnt been recruited to my party at the time.

stranger
stranger
Excuse me, but to those that killed him upon meeting him, how do you actually get the pouch? I can't figure out any way to interact with his robe.

Edit: Nevermind, I had a bug on my first try where the pouch didn't appear on him.

Edit 2: Nevermind again, I'm just an idiot.

Last edited by Cheeseonmycouch; 08/10/20 06:03 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem. Gale finally fell under assault at the Twisted Tree. Got the pouch, followed the instructions. Wandered right next to Gale's body to use the True Resurrection scroll on him and his body is Unselectable. I cancel the spell, and suddenly I can rifle through his inventory by clicking on his body. Got close, tried the scroll again, and again, could not select Gale's body.

Now that was bloody weird!!!

I entered Turn Based Mode (spent 2 rounds and MUCH LESS DAMAGE RECIEVED trying to select Gale's Body with the True Res scroll. No dice.

SO I wandered over to our favorite Rogue's body and used the scroll on him.
And Guess what???

DId our surly Elven (Spoiler) Rogue get revived? No!!! Gale did.

So I'm sitting here thinking.....Yeah...this is *Most Definitely* A BUG in Patch 3.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by Grynner
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem. Gale finally fell under assault at the Twisted Tree. Got the pouch, followed the instructions. Wandered right next to Gale's body to use the True Resurrection scroll on him and his body is Unselectable. I cancel the spell, and suddenly I can rifle through his inventory by clicking on his body. Got close, tried the scroll again, and again, could not select Gale's body.

Now that was bloody weird!!!

I entered Turn Based Mode (spent 2 rounds and MUCH LESS DAMAGE RECIEVED trying to select Gale's Body with the True Res scroll. No dice.

SO I wandered over to our favorite Rogue's body and used the scroll on him.
And Guess what???

DId our surly Elven (Spoiler) Rogue get revived? No!!! Gale did.

So I'm sitting here thinking.....Yeah...this is *Most Definitely* A BUG in Patch 3.

Yours sounds like a different issue. OPs issue is that you can only use revivify scrolls on people on your team, and if he's hostile to you, then he's not on your team. Did Gale die on some complex collision? Did you have Glut or Halsin on your team? A couple times I've seen the revivify target location be separate from a body when they're killed by a blow that also makes their body fall off something, but clicking on a different person entirely is interesting.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vileintent
did you ever realize that gale is just a shitty character and needs to die? :P

Will have to admit that Astarion came close to dying when we first met after he attacked Khyber. As for Gale I leave him at camp and don't use him in the party have been using Wyll. Especially after having issues with raising will in my last playthrough of the game

stranger
stranger
I have the same problem, the fact is I'm using Gale as my character. Is It possible that being Gale the main character makes him considered not a member of the party?

Link Copied to Clipboard