Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaldon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
All game sound is working. My character talks when interacting with the environment, but during dialogue with another character, there is no voice acting.

Kaldon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It turns out the voices are working, but they are extremely quiet. I've checked my sound settings in game and all of my settings are maxed out. If anyone has any ideas.

stranger
stranger
I have experienced the same thing. All my audio settings are normal.

stranger
stranger
I have also experienced this, dialogue options etc are all maxed out at 100% but I hear no dialogue. Sound effects, BGM etc are all good however.

journeyman
journeyman
I have voice to animation issues. Sometimes the mouth moves, sometimes not. I have had to reload the same save often, so I can tell some timing is off and it has to resync.

stranger
stranger
I am also running into the same problem. The voices are extremely quiet where I can barely hear them with my headphones maxed out and all other sounds off. I only noticed that the voices could be heard because of the Us character that you meet who's voice is louder than normal. If anyone found a fix for this that would be awesome.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Had this happen with one line that Gale said, his joining conversation or the first talk with him immediately after, unfortunately don't remember which line.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by seikojin
I have voice to animation issues. Sometimes the mouth moves, sometimes not.

I had the same issue once. Sound is ok, but mouth doesn't move.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have this same issue.. Everything seems to be working fine except during cutscenes there is no voices.. There is still music etc happening though... I just restarted and checked forums to report before playing again

stranger
stranger
Im having the same issue

stranger
stranger
I'm seeing (hearing?) this too. I had the same issue with the new Star Wars game, it was an issue with surround sound and my headphones not playing nice. I don't see an easy way to change sound settings in the options, going to do some digging to see if I can switch to stereo sound in game.

Kaldon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Winter's Flight
I'm seeing (hearing?) this too. I had the same issue with the new Star Wars game, it was an issue with surround sound and my headphones not playing nice. I don't see an easy way to change sound settings in the options, going to do some digging to see if I can switch to stereo sound in game.

You are the man. I changed my sound settings outside the game so that I am not configured for surround sound and instead using stereo. It sucks losing surround sound but character dialogues are now present and that is HUGE. For a workaround, nice trade off. Thanks - good insight.

stranger
stranger
Did some more digging, discovered a fix that worked for me but may not apply to everyone.

My specific issue is apparently a problem with Logitech wireless headphones not working correctly unless the transceiver is plugged into a USB port that is a part of the motherboard. Anything else (front jacks or a USB hub) and surround sound is disabled without Windows being notified, so your computer keeps sending 7.1 sound to a now stereo headset. As soon as I plugged into the back of my PC the voices started working perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else!

stranger
stranger
Update: I was able to alleviate the issue. I validated my game cache on steam and it seemed like a good portion of the game files were missing. After steam re-downloaded said files and installed them, I restarted the game and was then able to finally hear dialogue in game. Not sure if anyone else will have the same result, but certainly worth a try.

Last edited by Noneed2hate; 07/10/20 05:32 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Another issue I found through steam, I had to validate my games files about three times for it to recognise missing game files. I tried all the fixes such as uninstalling G-hub Logitech software, trying other headsets with a 3.5mm jack changing the settings to stereo or turning on Spatial sounds (Microsoft Sonic for headphones). But I just had to validate the game files multiple times in a row.

D
D
Originally Posted by Efflower
Another issue I found through steam, I had to validate my games files about three times for it to recognise missing game files. I tried all the fixes such as uninstalling G-hub Logitech software, trying other headsets with a 3.5mm jack changing the settings to stereo or turning on Spatial sounds (Microsoft Sonic for headphones). But I just had to validate the game files multiple times in a row.

Then that's a Steam bug, Larian has nothing to do with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard