Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi. Shadowheart just got downed in a dungeon and I have tried using a healing potion on her (with my main( and I have tried to revive her with a scroll but neither work. Furthermore I cannot long rest since it says one of my characters are incapable of moving (makes sense). She have made 3 successful deathsaves and is just lying there :)

Anyone knows what I am supposed to do to get her up on her feet?

Thanks!

Last edited by RasmusHS; 06/10/20 10:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
Use a short rest, right under go to camp.

stranger
stranger
As in they're downed after battle?

You have to use the "help" action, which is the bottom left of the additional actions toolbar.

Hope that helps!

stranger
stranger
Make sure to use the help action. It will bump them up to 1HP and revive them. This can be used in combat as well.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RasmusHS
Hi. Shadowheart just got downed in a dungeon and I have tried using a healing potion on her (with my main( and I have tried to revive her with a scroll but neither work. Furthermore I cannot long rest since it says one of my characters are incapable of moving (makes sense). She have made 3 successful deathsaves and is just lying there smile

Anyone knows what I am supposed to do to get her up on her feet?

Thanks!

Downed characters get picked up with the Help action (brown icon of hands clasping.
The Revivify Scroll is used when the character is dead.

You can (and should) also use the Help action in combat.

stranger
stranger
Is this different from 5e? Afaik in DnD you stand up after 3 successful deathsaves, could be wrong though.

stranger
stranger
You have to use the help command in BG3 to get them up, even if they pass 3 death saves.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Rulin
Is this different from 5e? Afaik in DnD you stand up after 3 successful deathsaves, could be wrong though.

In 5e, you only stand up after you have, at least 1 HP.
That means that a downed character (0 HP) will stand up if receives any healing effect, or rolls a 20 on a death save.

Otherwise, after you have 3 sucessful saves you are stabilized and will regain 1 HP after 1d4 hours (thus standing up).

That took me a bit to figure out as well. Very first fight I was in Lae'zel ran through some fire and right after the fight ended she went down and I had no idea how to revive her. I guess I'm used to characters getting up on their own after the fight has ended so the first thing I did was say out loud to the screen "C'mon, get up stupid"

apprentice
apprentice
I have a downed (Incapacitated and Unconscious) Gale. I cannot target him with Help.
EDIT: But short rest does the trick

Last edited by Ravenfeeder; 07/10/20 01:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard