Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Game owners, I mean.

There's currently someone in there calling people racist names, and he does not own the game.
And trolls are flame baiting EVERYONE.

Better to just close the forum to game owners only, so only people interested in the game can actually say anything.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I've moved this to suggestions. I'm "disappointed" to say that I personally have no influence over Steam Forums (!) but the guys that do might think about it.

J'aime le fromage.
Originally Posted by vometia
I've moved this to suggestions. I'm "disappointed" to say that I personally have no influence over Steam Forums (!) but the guys that do might think about it.

It should be the default action for all EA games, honestly, and then maybe eventually switch it back so that players who come over halfway through can ask stuff like how much progress has been made. But for a big title like this, definitely should have been that way from the start.

stranger
stranger
Steam forums are always a disappointment. Enjoying the game regardless. Good job.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Its pretty nasty over there. I have never really spent much time on any forum but big enough fan of Larian to sign up for this one :) Hopefully the Steam moderators (assuming they exist) will do something about the amount of hate and general stupidity being blasted across the Steam BG3 discussions.

stranger
stranger
You guyz never considered that all the hate and disapointment exist because of something Larian do or did ? Or are you all member of a Larian sect ?

stranger
stranger
Agreed! Especially considering that Larian is looking for actual feedback from actual players, and they now need to comb through that dumpster fire laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
They (Larian) are smart enough and experienced enough to follow the two golden rules of the internet. Rule 1 of 2....Dont feed the trolls. Rule 2 of 2...Ignore those who openly demonstrate a vacum where reason and intelligence are expected.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Topper
They (Larian) are smart enough and experienced enough to follow the two golden rules of the internet. Rule 1 of 2....Dont feed the trolls. Rule 2 of 2...Ignore those who openly demonstrate a vacum where reason and intelligence are expected.

You like to judge people, and feeling above them, don't you ?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
A gentle reminder to be polite to each other, folks.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Ignore the haters there’s a lot of development time to go & im sure larian will work on the commonly held criticisms of the game

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Fingers crossed they do this.

There's still people trying to flame bait with topics about 'sjw's and sexism or racism. And, of course, the the other trolls still trying to talk about RTwP and making thread after thread after thread.

Locking down the forums so only people who own the game can talk has its down sides; people can't ask questions about the game before buying it.
But it also means all the trolls trying simply to tick people off won't be able to do anything.

F
addict
addict
F
I avoid the Steam forum (navigator4223, thats me over there) like the plague now, too.

So much hatred, trolling and idiocy, it's almost as if QAnon sits there.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesong
I avoid the Steam forum (navigator4223, thats me over there) like the plague now, too.

So much hatred, trolling and idiocy, it's almost as if QAnon sits there.

Yeah.. The sheer number of people who don't even own the game making clearly bait-posts about 'This is divinity!' or 'I don't like this system!' when they don't even play it.

Or the people trying to drag gender politics into the forums to start a flame war.

Or the guy last night calling people racist names and the c-word in EVERY thread. (Slang for a female's lower area).

enthusiast
enthusiast
They will get bored after a few days. This is sadly what happens when you give the average drone the ability to broadcast their nasty little personalities. They are irrelevant.

Banned
Banned
Steam has generally always been the 4Chan of gaming because it is where the old GameSpy community went when FilePlanet shut down after being bought by IGN.

I miss FilePlanet. I don't miss the toxic forums.

Last edited by tsundokugames; 07/10/20 06:45 PM.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
Steam has generally always been the 4Chan of gaming because it is where the old GameSpy community went when FilePlanet shut down after being bought by IGN.

Still, I think Larian has the option to restrict the forums to those who own the game. That may need to be done in this case, since all the trolls are just coming in and starting political flame wars, amongst other things.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eguzky

Still, I think Larian has the option to restrict the forums to those who own the game. That may need to be done in this case, since all the trolls are just coming in and starting political flame wars, amongst other things.

A good point but do they have the level of control over Steam.. I wonder. Scxxw the haters, the game is superb and will only get better.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Topper
Originally Posted by Eguzky

A good point but do they have the level of control over Steam.. I wonder. Scxxw the haters, the game is superb and will only get better.

I am loving the game, but every actually useful post on the steam forums is flooded out by trolls, flamers, baiters, haters, and general salt.

Last edited by Eguzky; 07/10/20 10:29 PM.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
We really need the steam forums restricted to people who own the game.

I got banned for calling out the trolls (And I mean; fair enough, I won't argue it. I'm just sick of all the garbage being spewed on the steam forums. And I grew up with the mentality 'Do stupid things, get told you're stupid'.)

And yet there's one guy claiming there should be an 'sjw tax' for being 'woke' and says no one should pay full price for BG3, and yet...he's not banned for trolling?
The guy is actively promoting hostility towards tolerant people..and his thread has been untouched for 3, going on 4, days.

Please, Larian; just close the forums to anyone who does not own the game. I'm begging you. It's nothing but troll posts, flame bait, and attacking fans who actually purchased this great (if slightly buggy, but it's early access after all) game.
We don't need a forum where tolerance is attacked by people trying to start fights over 'sjw' and 'woman can wear beards' and other nonsense the trolls are using for bait.

Not to mention the guy who was going around calling people racial slurs before, and others like his vile kind.
They have free reign right now, since Steam only sends in a mod after enough reports.

Just close the forums to all non-owners long enough for the trolls to get bored and wander off. It's a cesspool right now, and has been for months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard