Next Thread
Print Thread
#678298 07/10/20 09:00 AM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hey, I'm through the tutorial, and I don't quite understand movement and/or attacking. I thought it was 2 different "actions" so to speak, meaning I'll always be able to do both, but it seems like if I move too far, I can't attack as well (ie melee attack). And does dash effect this as well? From what I thought I understood, my UI has 1) attacks 2) actions (jump, shove etc) and 3) spells/abilites. I also get the 2 different "energy" bars, where moving uses up the orange one. But does the orange one also governe my attack? If so, how do I see if I will be able to attack after moving?

Hope for some help! :-)

stranger
stranger
You can think of it like this: you have three tokens each turn (four if you count reaction, but let's leave that aside for now).

The first token is your movement (which you have correctly identified as the orange bar on the right side of the character's paper doll). Usually characters can move up to 9m each turn.

The next token is the action token (the small green circle beneath the paper doll). This gets spent when you attack, cast a spell, or use one of the buttons with a brown background (Throw, Dash, Knock Unconscious and Help)

The last token is the bonus action tken (the small orange triangle beside the action's green circle). This get's spent when you cast some spells, drink potions, use scrolls or use one of the buttons with a blue background (Jump, Dip, Shove and Hide). Notice that Jump also requires you to have some speed left (the orange bar).

So, in your turn, you can move up to your speed, take an action (attack / brown skills / spell) and take a bonus action (some spells, blue skills, drink potion).

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thanks! I only saw yout answer now, didn't know my thread had been moved. But I think I must have been using dash, which resultat in not being able to attack then, and that's what confused me.

There's still so, so much info still that seems like it needs some kind of info; like attack%, what they consists of, are my guys better protected behind something and more. I'm guessing it'll get there hehe

Link Copied to Clipboard