Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#678389 07/10/20 10:18 AM
XANi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
  • Space should NOT pick any dialogue option - it is way to easy to accidentally pick something while rushing thru dialogue list. Leave picking option for the 1-9 keys.
  • Button (or at least keybinding) to "link/unlink all" would be very handy, that's the most often used option for me and dragging all characters apart to sneak then trying to link it together after is a bit annoying
  • Linking/unlinking should be blocked when in character/inventory screen - it makes just dragging items on character portraits annoying as the portraits start to jump around
  • Casting spells on portraits. Nuff said
  • Separate bar for spells and consumabes. Auto-adding might be useful but it mixes the two making a mess
  • Search bar in inventory (with tags so I can type say "light armor" and get all light armors in my inventory) + autosort like in dos2
  • Highlight interactables, ESPECIALLY if my party found it via perception check, it is very easy to miss if you have camera set elsewhere

Last edited by XANi; 07/10/20 10:23 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Most of what you are asking for exists in DOS:II, and I really don't understand why they are trying to be "different", not including DOS:II features. I mean, DOS:II is one of the greatest RPGs on the market, take good features from it, and improve on top.

journeyman
journeyman
ALT shows MOST interactables, but It does miss a lot including perception check highlights (which i agree should glow a different color or something once found with ALT held down)

Another note on perception checks, kinda of topic here but It shouldn't show a symbol above your head if your fail the check (breaks immersion if you ask me)

Last edited by Bray; 07/10/20 10:52 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yes. +1

I'd also like an auto sort button for the inventory, I got too used to it in DOS2.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Noirscape
Yes. +1

I'd also like an auto sort button for the inventory, I got too used to it in DOS2.

There actually is one - it is a small button on the right of the top middle bar, where you can adjust how items are sorted.

apprentice
apprentice
You can sort your inventory by weight, value, type etc using a drop down menu at the top of the screen

apprentice
apprentice
I hate comparing BG3 to the first two, but they are a good example of the UI done right. The spell button that opens up a list of spells to cast, the 5 quick use items area, The UI really needs work, Its just a MMO style mess of abilities, spells, and items. Not to be totally negative, I do think some of the UI is great, The party screen, the inventory screen, are fine, the tool-tips could have more info and better descriptions.

Link Copied to Clipboard