Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Running under DX11 with Radeon HD 6900 series. The cinematic parts run fine, but the character creation and ship area graphics have flashing horizontal multi-colored lines with blurry graphics. Have updated the graphics driver, tried different combinations of in-game and Radeon video settings and re-installed the game without solving the problem. Any guidance toward a solution would be greatly appreciated.

stranger
stranger
Hi, sorry for the problem you're having. I have an HD 7970 and have had maybe a similar issue in other games. I've had some success by using Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) to cap the frame rate at 60 fps. If you do try to go this route (not hard by the way, but does require installing another program) you'll need to add the Baldur's Gate 3 .exe file to RTSS's app list. This file is located in your Steam folder like this:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin\bg3_dx11.exe

Then, also in RTSS, when you select bg3_dx11.exe from the app list, and set the "Framerate limit" to whatever you want, 60 ideally but you might need to go lower if your computer's struggling. To check that RTSS is actually controlling your FPS in game, try setting the limit to something like 5 and see if the game becomes all choppy.

Like I said, this has worked for me in other games to eliminate a weird tearing issue. Worth a shot. Also, make sure to play with various windowed/fullscreen modes and V-Sync if you haven't already.

stranger
stranger
Same problem here, trying various settings but no luck so far

stranger
stranger
Same issues, no luck with any setting or fps limitation either

stranger
stranger
I've been getting the same issues with my Radeon HD 6800 x2 series. I've tried limiting the fps with RTSS and still no luck. It does get a little better when I disable Gloom in the video settings, but lines are still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
This might be obvious, but the Game runs on Vulkan, unless you manually switched to DX11.
If you have these problems with DX11, why did you switch off Vulkan? Or have you at all?

stranger
stranger
When I try to run it on Vulkan, it immediately crashes. When I switch to DX11 I can run the game, just with the issue posted above.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Loki the Cat
This might be obvious, but the Game runs on Vulkan, unless you manually switched to DX11.
If you have these problems with DX11, why did you switch off Vulkan? Or have you at all?

Older Radeon cards do not support Vulkan, so we have to run on DirectX 11. The game crashes if you try running it on Vulkan as there's no support.

I'm having the same issue on an AMD Radeon HD 6900. I've had the same issue with Mount & Blade 2 (if that's any help at all, I'm not sure if they fixed it). This was NOT an issue with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Sometimes tweaking some of the lighting options cause the lines to flicker more or less, and sometimes it generates weird particle effects, but mostly it's just a bunch of flickering mostly blue/green lines running horizontally through the screen. They DON'T seem to run over the UI overlay elements, only the main game scenes themselves. They run over a character's avatar 'cause I suppose it's generated and then inserted into the UI overlay.

stranger
stranger
I have an AMD Radeon HD 6700 and I'm experiencing exactly the same issues.

stranger
stranger
I am unable to launch with Vulkan due to having an older AMD Radeon card, however when I load in DX 11 the screen is has horizontal lines throughout it making the game completely unplayable. I attempted to use RTSS to set the framerate but this did not help, I have also attempted to change every video setting. Please help.

I have and AMD Radeon HD 6570 Graphics card

stranger
stranger
I have a Radeon RX 5700. I also have these issues: missing textures or grey boxes textures for EVERY particle effect, and crashing when trying to run on Vulkan. This game hates AMD.

Last edited by ngcwwolf; 08/10/20 12:08 AM.
stranger
stranger
I have overclocked my Graphic Card as well, I believe this is a driver issue with Direct X and the game in its current form. hopefully they fix this.

stranger
stranger
Same problem here, my card is a AMD Radeon 5800. Game run smooth, the problem is the damm lines :\

stranger
stranger
Yeah, they already rolled out a hotfix yesterday, with some luck maybe they'll deal with this, too. I understand the older Radeon cards are probably a pretty small part of their public, but I'd love to be able to play the game without going into siezure :P

stranger
stranger
Plz someone help!! It's sooooo annoying 😭😭
Those lines.....

P
stranger
stranger
P
Radeon HD 6700

This. All of this. Cut scenes, loading screens, minimap, menus, and mouse hover pop-ups are all crystal clear. Everything else is covered in horizontal static lines.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ngcwwolf
I have a Radeon RX 5700. I also have these issues: missing textures or grey boxes textures for EVERY particle effect, and crashing when trying to run on Vulkan. This game hates AMD.

This. It's a really, really bad time to be on AMD right now, whether newer or older.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same problem here so at least I know its not my rig it's the game and nothing I can immediately do. Did you all have the problem with the launcher not working with dx11 unless you held the left shift key? Also anyone able to run it with crossfire?

Windows 10 Pro
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have tried the shift key thing. Also the shift key using the .exe file while running as admin. None of that works. I have also downloaded and installed the microsoft visual x64 and x84 updates. Nada. None of it had any effect. This is a dev problem, and until they enlighten us with a solution we bought useless hard drive filler.

The thing that gets me about this is that it is a turn based rpg. Not some crazy first person shooter or racing game or huge open world that requires 60+ fps and ultra intensive graphics. Turn based RPGs have been awesome since Pools of Radiance and Ultima, but for some reason THIS particular game is just too real for my graphics card.

Radeon 6700

stranger
stranger
I ended up ordering a new card, as I was already having issues with other games. I think Radeon HD 6900 was not listed among the supported cards, so I've no idea whether we'll even get a fix eventually. At least now I'm also gonna be able to play Mount & Blade 2, No Man's Sky, and WH40K: Gladius :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard