Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
First off, good game so far. Great start. Just wanting to provide some input while its still in E.A. by stating that I'd like to see more race options in future.

Gnomes, of course.

Loxodons would be good, if that's not unreasonable.

Orcs, dragonkin, undead, are all things I'd love to make characters out of in future.

If some of these would be too op, I'd be fine with unlocking the ability to select them after completing certain milestones.

If anyone has any other suggestions for races, I'm sure that'd help.

enthusiast
enthusiast
logically, the ones to come next should be half orcs, dragonborn and gnomes as they're currently missing but are PHB races. After that, anything would be cool - the easy route is to start including more of the various subraces for existing ones. There are a lot afterall (stuff like duergar, eladrin etc).

Tbh, outside of those, I'd personally rather see more of the subclasses added, there are a bunch in Sword Coast Adventurers Guide and then Xanthar's Guide to Everything too. Which also adds more racial customisation with new racial feats.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'm all for new sub races. I would like to see some rarer stuff become an option, though; I always enjoy picking outlier/odd variants when given a choice. Hence, loxodons XD

stranger
stranger
Just let me be a dragon and i will be happy

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I'm an old school gamer and dislike the direction 3rd edition and Pathfinder took in making every single monster race playable. That said, it's just the reality we live in now. If they add in all the freak races, so be it, but please focus on the core races as a priority. Gnomes first, then round out the rest.

Also why the hell is Drow not an elf sub-race?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by golw
I'm an old school gamer and dislike the direction 3rd edition and Pathfinder took in making every single monster race playable. That said, it's just the reality we live in now. If they add in all the freak races, so be it, but please focus on the core races as a priority. Gnomes first, then round out the rest.

have to admit, i wondered that about drow too lol, i assumed just a quirk of the engine.

stranger
stranger
I really want to play a Kobold or even a Goblin eventually.

I have a feeling we'll see the PHB races first, and then maybe some others after that.

stranger
stranger
As fore me a little bit wierd they added tieflings but not angel race (they named asimar or something similar). The best proper race for paladins.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by golw

I can agree to an extent; while not everything should be permissible, I think that more options and variety can help make things more fun. It's really up to Larian (or the DM, in dnd) what is reasonable.
Like, I keep suggesting 'loxodons' in this thread, but understand if such a suggestion would be unreasonable or deemed lore-breaking, etc.

As for the drow thing, no idea.

journeyman
journeyman
I believe the Drow thing was to show that there are two main factions of Drow here, one opposed to Lloth and more surface friendly with the other being the Tried and True Drow. Perhaps later on that will come into play if you meet other Drow.

I miss the older version of halflings that were leaner and could be mistaken for human children (hence the name) vs the more hobbity new version, heads seem out of proportion, etc. just a personal issue i have, can't tolerate a waddle in walking (so rarely play dwarves as they tend to have that). I enjoy playing smaller races, but anymore they look off to me. Would be interested in Gnomes, depending on how they look/move.

Link Copied to Clipboard