Next Thread
Print Thread
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image]

Hello everyone,

We are so thrilled with how many of you are playing Baldur’s Gate 3, and we’re glad Steam was eventually able to accommodate you all. Our servers are keeping up, but just about! We never imagined such a huge influx of players in what we had envisioned being a relatively modest party of Early Access players. But we’re up to the challenge, and we’ve been listening!

We’re still working on the multiplayer issues that some of you are experiencing (and we’re very close to solving several of them), but Hotfix 1 already fixes a number of issues and covers other things you reported.

As a general message, if you’re having difficulty getting the game running, or are experiencing crashes, switch the game to DX11 mode (in the launcher, click the gear), and make sure you have the most up to date graphics drivers.

We also recommend in some cases disabling the Steam / Discord overlays, if you experience slowdowns while activated.

Patch Notes BG3 Hotfix #1 (version BG3 EA 4.1.83.3931)

-Fixed a crash related to using rush-type actions
-Fixed a crash related to the target camera
-Fixed a crash in character creation
-Fixed a crash during dialogs
-Fixed overlapping items inside the inventory views
-Fixed "Pickup" and "Pickup And Add To Wares" inside containers
-Fixed a player assignment issue when someone would leave from a full multiplayer party. The leftover character can now be assigned correctly.
-Fixed an issue with summons showing up as regular companions
-Fixed an issue where players could not ready up when other players joined the lobby
-Fixed being able to move immovable objects

B
B
Is this hotfix compatible with savegames or will existing savegames become obsolete?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Worked with my saved games.

Thanks for the quick 1st hotfix!
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian
Hello everyone,

We are so thrilled with how many of you are playing Baldur’s Gate 3, and we’re glad Steam was eventually able to accommodate you all. Our servers are keeping up, but just about! We never imagined such a huge influx of players in what we had envisioned being a relatively modest party of Early Access players. But we’re up to the challenge, and we’ve been listening!

We’re still working on the multiplayer issues that some of you are experiencing (and we’re very close to solving several of them), but Hotfix 1 already fixes a number of issues and covers other things you reported.

As a general message, if you’re having difficulty getting the game running, or are experiencing crashes, switch the game to DX11 mode (in the launcher, click the gear), and make sure you have the most up to date graphics drivers.

The issue with starting the game is not just DX11, or at least for many people. They need to launch directly bg3_dx11.exe in admin mode, which is quite awkward.

Last edited by Redglyph; 07/10/20 10:22 PM.
stranger
stranger
"The issue with starting the game is not DX11, or at least for many people. They need to launch directly bg3_dx11.exe in admin mode, which is quite awkward."

This fixes the Desyncing issue on multiplayer?

I rephrased it, what I mean is that is a blocking issue, game cannot be launched at all.

I have no idea about MP, was it irony and is that related to DX11? I haven't tried that, sorry.

veteran
veteran
Where do you download the hotfixes? I'm on GoG, not steam.

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Good question! Is the Hotfix automatically installed? How can we tell if the Hotfix has been applied? If we have to install it manually, what is the procedure?

veteran
veteran

I'm not too familiar with GOG personally, at least the site. I do however believe you should be able to update games through GOG Galaxy - Have you tried that application?

Start the Galaxy client and select the game in your "Installed" list, then click on the button on the right of the "Play" button (settings-like icon). Select "Check for updates".

Usually the Galaxy client will auto-check for updates when you start it. If there is a new update, it will be in the Download section.
You can also set your game to auto-update (the download will start on its own). If not, you need to manually start the download once you see it in the Download section.

There is a "View patch notes", but unfortunately it's not up-to-date, whoever maintains this on GOG often forgets to put the latest notes. Really, the only way to tell which version you have is to launch the game, but since it's not possible at the moment, you can only check for new updates. If there isn't any, you have the latest hotfix already.

Last edited by Redglyph; 12/10/20 10:11 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard