Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#678879 07/10/20 03:22 PM
OP Offline
Very rapidly after meeting the staunch Feminist Githankiess, I rapidly opted to permanently terminate her ride on the ship. Has anybody been able to throw her overboard or push her off the boat using a spell of some kind?

stranger
stranger
Is she a feminist or just a bit of a dick?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Andy Butula

She is like a Disney Princess.

#679256 07/10/20 06:13 PM
OP Offline
The Half-Elf isn't even out of the chamber yet and she is already barking orders. I think I might leave her where she is!

Perhaps Wizards of the Coast demanded some sort of woke ideology for the characters as part of the deal. That is entirely to be expected, if cinema is anything to go by these days.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Normally I wouldn’t do this, but your whole “I want to remove all women from my game” schtick is creepy and annoying. You don’t seem to be aware of that, so I’m just letting you know.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Normally I wouldn’t do this, but your whole “I want to remove all women from my game” schtick is creepy and annoying. You don’t seem to be aware of that, so I’m just letting you know.

Well thanks, Warlocke. I suppose it is a bit boyish, but that is the sort of thing to be expected with a childhood game. If you aren't too used to it, I suppose it might be a bit creepy. Boys will be boys though! smile

I managed to get out of the ship, without my brain, unfortunately. The Githyanki and Half-Elf went down with the ship by the looks of it. Now there are no females or even males anywhere. I miss my brain. I want to try again and see if I can get it to come along next time.

veteran
veteran
Incel vibes aside, I'm not sure you understand what the "damsel in distress" trope is actually about, because that's NOT what you are criticizing there.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
OP Offline
Oh no! I just found Laezel in the shipwreck! I spoke too soon... She is dead, alas...

PS

Hahaa! Oh no! That Half-Elfess is back again telling me what to do! ahaha! I thought I had left her on the ship!

Last edited by Languid Lizard; 07/10/20 07:27 PM.
OP Offline
Hmmm. I think that High Bred Half-Elf can come along in the hope that there is a "Pull Pony Tail" option later on, and the chance of some rumpy-pumpy.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Languid Lizard

Well thanks, Warlocke. I suppose it is a bit boyish, but that is the sort of thing to be expected with a childhood game. If you aren't too used to it, I suppose it might be a bit creepy. Boys will be boys though! smile

I managed to get out of the ship, without my brain, unfortunately. The Githyanki and Half-Elf went down with the ship by the looks of it. Now there are no females or even males anywhere. I miss my brain. I want to try again and see if I can get it to come along next time.

No it's not boyish it's just creepy. I mean should the female companions show up barefoot and do nothing beyond fetch you sandwhiches? there's nothing "woke" here dude. people are in a stressful situation and yes might be inclined to make demands. As it is they owe you NOTHING. you're an ally not their master. and an ally of necessity/conveniance at that

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Andy Butula

She's not a femminist, she's well.. a githyanki. and that means that yes she's a bit of a dick. (they're generally speaking a lawful evil society)

veteran
Online Content
veteran
You labelling her as "feminist" is pretty telling. I'll point out that you meet some more Githyanki later down the line and he's also like that. It's got nothing to do with gender, that's apparently their national temperment.

N
old hand
old hand
N
What are you talking about, guys? She's not a feminist at all. She thinks Githyanki are superior to every other race. What on earth do you find feminist in that? And personally, I think the voice acting on her is the most impressive so far in the game. I like the way she pronounces the 'S', very slytherin, which is on point for a lizard lady.

Last edited by Nyanko; 07/10/20 07:58 PM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Nyanko
What are you talking about, guys? She's not a feminist at all. She thinks Githyanki are superior to every other race. What on earth do you find feminist in that? And personally, I think the voice acting on her is the most impressive so far in the game. I like the way she pronounces the 'S', very slytherin, which is on point for a lizard lady.

The voice acting for the Narrator is my favourite so far, though there again, another female. It is quality stuff though, and the Githyanki acting, (whilst she was alive!) was good too. It is just that it seems like a Matriarchy so far.

Those who don't like my thinking, might be pleased to know that my Female Free "way of life" didn't last long, as the She Half-Elf and I just got killed by intellect devourers. I shall try again, though, as I was looking forward to getting off with her after having revived her from the dead.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by BrianDavion

No it's not boyish it's just creepy. I mean should the female companions show up barefoot and do nothing beyond fetch you sandwhiches? there's nothing "woke" here dude. people are in a stressful situation and yes might be inclined to make demands. As it is they owe you NOTHING. you're an ally not their master. and an ally of necessity/conveniance at that

If you have ever hung out with a bunch of boys long enough, I think you would find it entirely normal to want to do away with the girls. That She Half-Elf wasn't my ally at all. I had only just met her. If she were locked up in a container, it was probably for a very good reason. Also, I am the wise one around here. I am the cleric and the representative of my God. The Githyankiess would have been smart to recognize my combat ability and miraculous powers before issuing orders.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Nyanko

The voice acting for the Narrator is my favourite so far, though there again, another female. It is quality stuff though, and the Githyanki acting, (whilst she was alive!) was good too. It is just that it seems like a Matriarchy so far.

Those who don't like my thinking, might be pleased to know that my Female Free "way of life" didn't last long, as the She Half-Elf and I just got killed by intellect devourers. I shall try again, though, as I was looking forward to getting off with her after having revived her from the dead.

I am playing a drow priestess. She doesn't get it with me. I take every single occasion to make her bend to my will. So free she can be, but it depends who the player character is and what choice you take in dialogues.

If she pisses me off too much I will kill her for sure. But it doesn't make her a feminist.

Last edited by Nyanko; 07/10/20 08:39 PM.
OP Offline
Well, the dialogue with Shadowheart is absolutely delicious! Everything she says is a double-entendre. It is hilarious.
The facial expressions on all the characters when zoomed in during the cinematics are fabulous. This Shadowheart is sure to keep me up all night, though we are at the campsite.

Those intellect devourers were tough. Good job I am now wearing Githyanki plate mail. smile

OP Offline
Now this smooth talking, bearded charmer has just turned up on the scene. I think it would be better if he were less good looking and judging by the absolutely smouldering glance Shadowheart gave him, I may be right in thinking that God wants him to be killed.

Argh! NO! I just levelled him up and now he is harder than I am!

Last edited by Languid Lizard; 07/10/20 10:10 PM.
OP Offline
Alas, due to being somewhat shorthanded in the party, we were all killed at the Chapel, before I was able to pull Shadowheart's hair. This was unacceptable, so we entered the timeline again and, after beating the intellect devourers, were met again. I am very glad to say that this new member of the party might be a gay vampire, so I am bound to have no competition when it comes to Campfire time.
Heheh!

Oh no! That smoothie with the beard has turned up again!

Last edited by Languid Lizard; 07/10/20 11:11 PM.
OP Offline
The acting in this is just brilliant. The lines, the voices and the incredible expressions and postures of the characters is just amazing.
Anyway, it is a good job I drank all those potions. It will help me sleep a lot easier at the campsite with that gay vampire watching over me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard