Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
After i connected the tentacles to escape the Nautiloid, there was the initial cutscene in the ship and the dragon breathed fire, then I was all of a sudden on the beach. I couldn't interact with anything and there were no characters around. I tried to climb a ladder and my character stopped responding to move commands, so I reloaded a previous save. The game loaded up back in the helm of the nautiloid and promptly crashed, and I reported it. I then loaded in again, and escaped the nautiloid again. This time there was a much longer cutscene where my character got hit in the head and fell out of the ship and was suspended just above the beach before gently dropping down. This time, I was able to interact with barrels, backpacks, dead bodies, and meet Shadowheart.

I was able to fight the devourers in the remnants of the ship the second time around. Seems like the first time I escaped there was some bug that loaded the beach incorrectly and I couldn't do anything once there.

Hope this is helpful! The game is so beautiful and so fun even just in the little bit I've played so far. Take your time finishing it up and make sure you guys don't work too hard!!!! We can wait for a quality product that's made by employees who are treated fairly.

stranger
stranger
Totally agree with the sentiment here!

Additionally, game plays just fine until I hit the beach.

Then I'm loaded in, just standing there and unable to move.

SO CLOSE BUT YET..... SO FAR! LOL! <3

Love this game so far! GREAT JOB!!! <3

stranger
stranger
Can confirm initial loading of the Beach can be buggy.

I had a similar issue when first arriving on the Beach, I probably could have roamed the entire map with no enemies, npc etc. I instead camped and when finishing camp the beach loaded fine.

stranger
stranger
Same, I got stuck picking up a shell at the start of the beach, had to roam around the menu's and it let me start moving again after a couple of min. I also was unable to save my game manually once i hit the beach, the option was greyed out in the Menu. Playing on Stadia btw...

Last edited by topshelfcheese; 07/10/20 02:49 PM.
stranger
stranger
I had a similar issue. Upon escaping the Nautiloid I ended up on the beach; no cut scene or anything. Like Sorrowfox above I encountered no enemies (other than the dying Mind Flayer I could not interact with) or life. I could see blood splotches all over, but no sign of what made them. Eventually my character got stuck on some terrain and I had to camp to free him. Once I camped and came back, the cust scene of me being thrown from the Nautiloid played and the beach, dead bodies, and enemies all loaded in and played thru fine.

Some tweaking of that scene is definitely needed.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I didn't camp to solve the issue, but the description of being able to wander all around and see blood splotches, but no life nor items describes my first landing on the beach almost perfectly.

stranger
stranger
Glad to not be alone here. After my intro companion grabbed the transport tentacle my game went into a load screen. Then I'm on a beach and able wander all over with no ability to interact with things. I couldn't even put that poor dying Mind Flayer out of his misery (truly heartbreaking). Unable to save so I will see what I return to later.
Playing on Steam, through Proton, Ubuntu 18.04.

stranger
stranger
Just chiming in to agree with Sorrowfox, the initial loading onto the beach is extremely buggy.
Just SAVE OFTEN cause I had to redo that battle to the helm sequence three times eek

The cutscene and initial arrival on the beach is busted for a lot of people, I have a thread about it here: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=87418&Number=677535#Post677535

Username too long for the forums it is supposed to say Laureeeeeeeeeeeeeeen with 15 e's.
stranger
stranger
My main character died in the Helm, and the other party member activated the warp. When I spawned on the beach I was dead and unable to do anything.

stranger
stranger
I had the exact same experience as the OP. I'll try camping!
The game's been fantastic so far. I can't believe how much whining there is about mechanics, tone, etc. Gamers are such crybabies! 😂

stranger
stranger
I had this same issue on Stadia. I typically play Stadia with a Stadia controller on Chromecast, but happened to have my computer out. Going through the end of the Nautiloid sequence on my computer (using keyboard and mouse) played the cutscene as expected and I was able to save afterwards. Very strange indeed.

stranger
stranger
Oh yup, I had same issue. Landed on beach, no NPCs or enemies, couldn't save, hitting F5 for quick save told me that mid-dialogue save was not functional yet, could not interact with ladders or doors, I could hear people in what I guess will be a town but could not see them.

Started new game since loading my previous saves did not work, and on the new game file I got the cut scene before the beach. Now it also lets me save from menu.

I had opened up a thread here, with Larian support, and in Steam, before seeing this =/

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by blinkfink182
I had this same issue on Stadia. I typically play Stadia with a Stadia controller on Chromecast, but happened to have my computer out. Going through the end of the Nautiloid sequence on my computer (using keyboard and mouse) played the cutscene as expected and I was able to save afterwards. Very strange indeed.

Just want to confirm this for any other Stadia users. In my personal experience, 3 times it failed to load the Ravaged Beach correctly when using chromecast and controller. Twice now it has worked perfectly when using chrome browser with mouse and keyboard. So it seems we have a way around it for now.

Link Copied to Clipboard