Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well, my character had bane cast upon him in a combat a while back (IIRC by the undead scribes) and it seems to be permanently applied. No resting (full campsite), level up or Shadowheart spell (lesser restoration) removes it at all. it disappears from the character's status during exploration but each combat it re-appears and takes it's effect..
Half-elf handicap?

stranger
stranger
Hey Third Crusader!

While I do not have this permanently applied, and didn't come about getting it in the same way, I am too getting this on my Character that has the "Gloves of Power" equipped (collected off the goblin boss before the druid outpost)

I've noticed it applies the bane on hit as the item says but also applies it to the user? nothing in the flavour text indicates this should be the case.

Possibly just buggy bane mechanic?

Cheers!
Ex

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Explicit
Hey Third Crusader!

While I do not have this permanently applied, and didn't come about getting it in the same way, I am too getting this on my Character that has the "Gloves of Power" equipped (collected off the goblin boss before the druid outpost)

I've noticed it applies the bane on hit as the item says but also applies it to the user? nothing in the flavour text indicates this should be the case.

Basically the same deal for me, equipped those gloves of power on my main PC and now every time he lands a hit on an enemy he is hit with Bane. It seems to be applying the opposite way it was intended to be.

Edit:
Reading the gloves description it says:
"Blessed by Priestess Gut, these gauntlets aid any who bear the Absolute's mark upon their flesh - but woe any non-believer who hopes to steal their power"

Since our characters are non-believers by default I suppose that could be why it is getting applied in the manner it is.

Last edited by Noneed2hate; 08/10/20 03:21 AM. Reason: added pertinent information
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Explicit,

Well played! Definitely should have looked further there. Those gloves were equipped and the bane effect stopped as soon as I removed them.
I had also read the accompanying text as affecting the target... maybe Raphael wrote the contractual details for them.

Cheers!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Noneed2hate
Since our characters are non-believers by default I suppose that could be why it is getting applied in the manner it is.

I think this might be our answer Now i'm hitting a little more frequently!

Cheers team

Link Copied to Clipboard