Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#679312 07/10/20 06:46 PM
Kaldon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It is all about rolling the dice. There is something so satisfying about rolling dice in D&D. Getting good or bad rolls, it doesn’t matter, because every time you roll your die, there is something on the line you’re hoping to achieve.

Please add an option to let me roll a die for my combat attack and damage rolls. It should be optional because I understand it will completely slow the pace of combat, it is not for everyone when ported to a pc, but in table top D&D, it’s slow and it doesn’t matter.

When I get advantage on my attack, I want to feel the fact I’m double rolling d20s. When I select an attack, present me with the dice that I can drag and drop for attack or damage rolls.

This is unnecessary for BG3 to be a great game, but in terms of tabletop D&D Emerson, physically rolling dice is so satisfying, that getting as close to it as possible is something I think is worth considering.

addict
addict
I like the idea, but I do wonder if I would get tired of it and just turn it off. If it’s easy enough to implement, worth a test at least. I don’t think advantage uses two dice like it does in pnp. I think it just gives you a better chance to succeed

stranger
stranger
I think that would be wonderful as an optional thing. It wouldn’t need to even take up a large space or have a long exaggerated animation. Being able to see you’re rolls helps you connect with your character because your actively keeping your bonuses in mind and getting excited about the combat/action.

stranger
stranger
I think it would be awesome even if just the visual feedback was better. Let's say you attack someone with advantage. It should pop up two D20 on the screen to show you the results. I don't feel like it should show me my percentage chance to succeed either. It should just show me my roles and succeed/fail.

stranger
stranger
I'd even go a step further, and allow for an optional mode where you can roll your own dice at your desk in RL and input your roll into the game. Yes, it would be completely cumbersome and slow everything down, but speed isn't the point of tabletop. I could see my friends and I having a great time playing in a party together and doing our own rolls- obviously honor system is important but if you are just playing single player or with a close group of friends, and it were an optional input mode, who cares? Rolling dice is really friggin' fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard