Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kajis Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
What are the best ways to kill all those enemies in the helm? I run out of spells. I have the Gith, a brain and myself the wizard. Should we try to leave and restore and then come back?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kajis
What are the best ways to kill all those enemies in the helm? I run out of spells. I have the Gith, a brain and myself the wizard. Should we try to leave and restore and then come back?

I ran past most of them, using bonus action to Dash in order to clear more ground.
You're repeatedly encouraged during the encounter to "just run for it" and it's hinted strongly multiple times that you need to get out of there ASAP.
You don't need to kill them.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
Yup - use your speed potion & run like mad ! I don’t think it’s a scrap to try & fight your way through - only one has to make it to the control thing

N
old hand
old hand
N
Only one is not exactly true, only your character has to make it there. I tried with Lae'zel cause she's the fastest with her additional action but the game didn't want her to activate it. It had to be my character.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Only one is not exactly true, only your character has to make it there. I tried with Lae'zel cause she's the fastest with her additional action but the game didn't want her to activate it. It had to be my character.

My main charc went down and I had to do it with her. It worked.

Love and sausages xx
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nyanko

I used Lae'zel because she's faster it it worked just fight for me. Went right into the cutscene.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
I presume someone will find a way to defeat the devil for laughs, hopefully on video.

I once past beside the devil commander and I triggered an AOO : my main died.
( I was trying stuff out for fun : I am not a noob. Hmm, though it was a mistake. )

Last edited by Baraz; 08/10/20 04:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
The fight is truly trivial due to the way stealth currently works. (Warlocks Eldritch Blast and hex really helps as they have no force resistance)

1. Go in kill the 3 imps.

2. Go upstairs.

3. Kill 3 imps.

4. (optional but makes stuff easier) shove the devil 1 or 2 times to position him downstairs.

5. Go to the "gallery" further upstairs (1 elevation level above the thingy you need to press)

6. Proceed to stand in a "lightly obscured" area (symbolized by half sun cursor) from which you can range attack the devil (either a bow or Eldritch blast)

Repeat below until all 3 devils are dead:

7. Range atack.

8. Hide.

9. Go back to 7. Unless the combat ended.

You get xp only for devil kils (mindflayer gives 0)

Takes around 10 turns? Depends on luck and when the mindflayer dies.

The player should get some sweet treasure for defeating that devil! But Larian would have to seriously remove any cheeseballing exploits from that encounter.

addict
addict
Hmm... well that would not make for a very epic video.

You can cheese almost all fights using the combination of ranged attacks and bonus action Hide.

stranger
stranger
If this fight will ever be doable it will always be via some cheese. Lvl 1 you do max 19dmg per turn with your 2 available range characters while the enemy has 200+hp combined.

You can also kite them with jump (up and down gallery) or around the "holes" downstairs. Stealth cheese is just less tedious.

Would love an AI fix that would factor in some "threat" so that after few loops AI goes for the character that actually threatens them and not chase the closest one. (you would have to then cheese by starting to do dmg with the character that kited, but emersion would benefit).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Traveler
If this fight will ever be doable it will always be via some cheese. Lvl 1 you do max 19dmg per turn with your 2 available range characters while the enemy has 200+hp combined.

Hehe. Yes. My first line was humor. The second was a general comment for Larian.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Originally Posted by Kajis

I ran past most of them, using bonus action to Dash in order to clear more ground.
You're repeatedly encouraged during the encounter to "just run for it" and it's hinted strongly multiple times that you need to get out of there ASAP.
You don't need to kill them.

OK I need to find where the tips are. I am borrowing a friends WIDE 34" monitor and it feels too big. I eventually figured it out on my own lvl 1 vs lvl 6 x4 means make other plans.

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.

Link Copied to Clipboard