Print Thread
#681702 08/10/20 06:16 PM
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image]

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued support. Playing the game, as well as your reports, is already helping to shape and improve it. We’ll share more information about this in an upcoming community update alongside our first patch, but for now we’ve fixed some of the most common issues reported to us.

Hotfix 2 solves the most frequent crashes and multiplayer issues, but we’re still working on a number of other reported errors in multiplayer. The good news is that the majority of issues reported to us are known, and a large percentage of those already have a fix in the works. Generally, for remaining multiplayer issues, reloading the game and loading the next available save will get you back up and running. Thank you to all who provide us the detail we need to get these fixes out into the wild.

We still recommend launching the game in DX11 mode if you’re experiencing crashes or framerate issues. However, those of you who were experiencing issues streaming with OBS while using the Vulkan API should find this fixed. (You may wish to re-install OBS).

Issues with 2FA (two-factor authentication) on Larian Accounts have been resolved, as well as your ability to create the optional Larian Account. Not to throw shade at anyone, but let’s just say some servers had some catching up to do.

On cross-save: we had previously announced that cross-save, though we have the infrastructure for it, will only be enabled and functioning once all our versions are in sync (across Steam, Mac, GOG, and Stadia). We don’t have an ETA for this yet.

We’ve been updating the support FAQ with the most relevant and up to date solutions or workarounds for reported issues. The FAQ is here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3

If you’re vehemently against save-scumming, do not read the following message. *whispers*: we suggest quicksaving frequently, as we add more autosave points in the game, and to prevent lost time if you experience a problem. All you need to do is hit F5. If you’re streaming, just create an overlay that hides when you save. Or pretend you cough. Nobody will notice, really.

Graphical quirks on Nvidia 3080 cards have also been fixed. Fun story: because the card was so wildly popular, we couldn’t source any to test with prior to launch. We still don’t have one. At this point, we’re pretty sure you guys made up the RTX 3080. Prove it exists by sending one to us.

We should be back soon with a bigger update and patch. In that update, we’ll go deeper into launch, and share with you some insights. Until then!

Patch Notes BG3 Hotfix #2 (version BG3 EA 4.1.83.5246)

• Fixed multiplayer combat connectivity issues
  • Fixed a crash at the end of Early Access content while playing multiplayer
  • Fixed a crash when talking to Halsin in multiplayer
  • Fixed a crash when returning to main menu from a dialog
  • Fixed a crash when arriving in main menu related to corrupted savegames
  • Fixed a startup crash related to integrated graphics

N
stranger
stranger
N
Just a quick note @Jess_Larian (can't PW you, since you don't accept them).
You shouldn't delete your previous post with Hotfix #1 (unless it's available somewhere, then point me the direction, please) smile.
Keep the history updates available for everyone to see.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Niya
You shouldn't delete your previous post with Hotfix #1 (unless it's available somewhere, then point me the direction, please) smile.

The history still appears to be on Steam so you should be able to see the previous updates there at least. I'd imagine the stickies on the forums would end up a bit crowded if they stickied all the fixes they'll have over EA.

stranger
stranger
Jess thanks!

I see mention of Cross-Save is that also in relation to Cross-Play or two separate issues?

Just curious when I will be able to play with my two friends from Steam since I'm on Stadia!

Good job guys on a great release, and good start to Early Access.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Joshua F
I see mention of Cross-Save is that also in relation to Cross-Play or two separate issues?

I have the same question

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Graphical quirks on Nvidia 3080 cards have also been fixed. Fun story: because the card was so wildly popular, we couldn’t source any to test with prior to launch. We still don’t have one. At this point, we’re pretty sure you guys made up the RTX 3080. Prove it exists by sending one to us.

If I were to say get my hands on one and send it to you, could you get me some of those pretty BGIII dice?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by DarkSeldarine
The history still appears to be on Steam so you should be able to see the previous updates there at least. I'd imagine the stickies on the forums would end up a bit crowded if they stickied all the fixes they'll have over EA.

Oh, thanks for that, not a fan of steam, but at least it's kept somewhere. smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Niya

They are still there. For the time being I may move them to the news/announcements forum so they can be found more easily.

J'aime le fromage.

Link Copied to Clipboard