Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Stop unlocking and adding stuff to my hotbar! I have every single hotbar toggle unchecked in options. Nothing should be added. Nothing should be removed. I lock it, save my game, and at some random point in the future (could be a minute from now, could be an hour) suddenly my hotbar is full of crap all over again. This is incredibly annyoying.

Last edited by King Qyote; 09/10/20 03:25 AM. Reason: clarification
journeyman
journeyman
Completely agree. Those options are definitely not functioning because I did the exact same thing. Pretty much before even playing the game I made sure all those were unchecked, but spells kept coming and going regardless.

journeyman
journeyman
why does it even go in there in the first place? Right?
This is my HOTBAR not my inventory

old hand
old hand
It might be related to the locking mechanic; I have all the options turned off and I don't have this problem ever.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Certheri
Completely agree. Those options are definitely not functioning because I did the exact same thing. Pretty much before even playing the game I made sure all those were unchecked, but spells kept coming and going regardless.

I've noticed that spells who can be reapplied or recast (Speak with dead, Eldritch Blast, True Strike etc) have a tendency to disappear and reappear at random intervals. I haven't paid enough attention to them, but I think it's tied to the spells' availability resetting when you rest.
It's very annoying and I sincerely hope they address this before the full release of the game. I'm unsure why it's even necessary for the recast options to produce a second spell slot at all, it'd be much easier if I could just continue using the same ability.

E
E
Originally Posted by King Qyote
Stop unlocking and adding stuff to my hotbar! I have every single hotbar toggle unchecked in options. Nothing should be added. Nothing should be removed. I lock it, save my game, and at some random point in the future (could be a minute from now, could be an hour) suddenly my hotbar is full of crap all over again. This is incredibly annyoying.

I recall there are checkboxes under Options where you can choose what kind of stuff goes into your hotbar on pickup.

M
stranger
stranger
M
look throught the option, theres a section that allow you to set what you want in your hotbar, ive personnaly disable everything except spell and skill

french canadian who prefer to interact with the english forum. sorry if i make mistake. i do my best ;P
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by MatThee0g
look throught the option, theres a section that allow you to set what you want in your hotbar, ive personnaly disable everything except spell and skill

maybe , learn to read ?

Originally Posted by King Qyote

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
M
stranger
stranger
M
true, my bad hahaha well it work fine on my side so maybe its simply a bug? got to be a bug tho. edit : nvm. i notice it happen today.

Last edited by MatThee0g; 11/11/20 05:30 PM.

french canadian who prefer to interact with the english forum. sorry if i make mistake. i do my best ;P
old hand
old hand
I unchecked every one of those options in settings, made sure it was applied, and it still adds and removes spells from my bar as it sees fit.

M
stranger
stranger
M
is it with every spell? is it when you change yours prepared spell? its kinda like when you hex someone and the stat alway change order in the selection box, its a pain :P

journeyman
journeyman
I agree. I've even turned off the option for things to be added and it STILL gets added.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I unchecked every one of those options in settings, made sure it was applied, and it still adds and removes spells from my bar as it sees fit.

I thank the gods for seeing somebody post about this here on the forums.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Can you please rename topic? laugh
Everytime im searching if there is something new i forgot what is here. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
The game seems to REALLY want Shadowheart to have Charm Person and Disguise Self on her bar. No matter how many times I remove them, they always come back. Not only that, but the "second level version" of Charm Person, too. Which doesn't even do anything different.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Im just sorting this "unused" spells on second action bar ...

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard