Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 45 46
journeyman
journeyman
I feel like there is too much arghs and aghs(spelliing) when they move over something that has the smallest drop.
Also, is there a way to select multiple things to move when in inventory? Like in DOS where you could hold items in hand to move or just have selected so you could move multiples?
When moving stuff into a backpack, or chest, and the initial spaces are full, can it be made to where it doesn't go back to the top of the inventory, in said backpack or chest, when placing new items in?

I am loving the game. Never played a true D&D game.

journeyman
journeyman
I've noticed that in some places, big one in Blighted Village, when you try to search something your character will travel around to somewhere else to open it. I was standing in front of a bookshelf, that had bottle racks on it, and when I went to search one of them, my character wanted to run around the house, on top of the roof, just to open something that is directly in front of them. This has happened before in other places.

journeyman
journeyman
I've been in there and had the same thing. I think a crate/box would help reach it. This is something that is in their other games as well. I think it plays on certain reality that people can't always reach high up?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I didn't notice this bug mentioned on a quick read above:

When some of the thralls die outside on the opening aircraft, their bodies stretch out and blur to take up a significant portion of the screen.

stranger
stranger
While reading the evil book of thay, the third saving throw is either bugged, or intentionally impossible to save against. I rolled sufficient to make the listed DC saving throw, but still 'failed' with all the associated consequences.
Details: Closed book after first (wizard enhanced) save. Save game. Cast 'resistance' on book reader to improve saving throws. Read second page, succeed at saving throw. Immediately proceeded to third page, die roll matched the shown DC (14 in this case), but I still failed.
2nd edit: It may be that the bug, if there is one, is that a) resistance doesn't actually get taken into account for success, or b) rolling /equal/ to the DC is not a success for saving throws in general (which is not expected behavior). A natural 19 on the third saving throw did (eventually) succeed. With my wisdom the baseline saving throw was DC 18, so that would have succeeded with or without the resistance cantrip. Too hard to continue testing to verify which of the two cases above it actually is, sorry!

Last edited by enthar; 09/10/20 06:24 AM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
I noticed that the Dueling Fighting Style is not adding its damage on the character sheet. I tried it on my Lv. 2 Ranger, who was using a single rapier without a shield, and did not see the +2 to damage being added.

On another note, is Dueling explicitly being changed in BG3 to not work with a shield? Since apparently the description requires one hand to be "empty" in BG3. Whereas in 5e, Dueling is "a weapon in one hand and no other weapons," thus forbidding dual-wielding with it but still allowing a shield.

During combat in the crypt I had an issue with Shadowheart and Astarion not being able to end their turns. Neither space nor clicking the end turn icon worked.

Also minor thing which I'm sure is placeholder, but some characters don't have any facial animations during dialogue and some do not have hand or proper body animations and end up looking like robots.

Camera is wonky during dialogue at times as well.

journeyman
journeyman
A few bugs found so far:

Charmed goblin still attacking party
Dead goblin stayed upright and animating
If there isn't a direct path to a location you are clicking on the main character can sometimes walk through locked doors (happened in cave beside library in grove - main character walked through locked stone door into library whilst trying to get to location in cavern)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bugs:

-Most conversations start with characters not moving their mouths.

-Camera sometimes gets stuck on terrain.

-Save games sometimes take a lot longer to load.

-Enemies ignore prone status.

-Enemies sometimes ignore sleeping status.

-Race tags listed twice on character sheets. (companions too)

-Several Drow (Lolth-Sworn) dialogue options are showing the tags blank [ ]

-Battlemaster maneuvers doesn't spend superiority dice.

-Some enemies engaged in conversation can be repeatedly attacked by the party.

-Bird in Nettie's room disappears into the ground when interacted.

-When using two Warlocks Hex don't stack or benefit each others attacks, and when a second hex is cast the first warlock can't reapply.

-When speaking to the Hag there is [Human] option even though I was a Drow.

-the Hag's true form was beside her during the conversation.

-the Hag's deal doesn't change your eye.

-the Hag's masks can simply be sent to camp to dispel.

-Hag didn't attack the party.

-the Arcane barrier behind the Hag's hut looks like missing textures.

-After the first dialogue with Shadowheart a duplicate appears on the last line.

-Darkvision spell doesn't work

-Familiar stops following the party for no reason.

-Familiar action bar sometimes appears grouped with the party even after dying.

-Imp Familiar doesn't have darkvision.

-Spider Familiar doesn't have darkvision.

-After persuading the Hobgoblin leader he gets stuck in a animation loop while sitting on his throne. (pretty funny tbh)

-Goblins on the Goblin Camp entrance remain friendly after killing their leaders.

-Minotaur corpse keeps standing with arms open.

-Spectator's Charm remains on the Drow even after the monster dies.

-Drow who were petrified attack the party even though they aren't hostile.

-Drow who aren't charmed during the fight attack the party instead of the Spectator.

-Backpack in Myconids vault room can't be interacted.

-Picking up a Sussur Bark doesn't update quest.

-Sussur Bark map marker keeps following the character.

-Sussur Bark map marker stays on the melting furnace after forging the weapon.

-Can't combine Sickle with the Sussur infused melting furnace.

-Button on the wall inside Underdark Ruined Tower makes the character descend a floor to interact.

-Druid Halsin keeps shouting "You deserve to be banished" at camp.

-If Kagha is killed at camp scene her body appears on the Druid Cove.

-Asking Shadowheart about her Shar worship can roll persuasion checks every time to max her approval.

-Dialogue option asking Shadowheart about the druid grove is listed twice.

-Shadowheart keeps asking to search for Halsin after he is already at the camp.

-During Volo's experimental treatment the character is floating beside the table.

-Sometimes tadpole FX stays on the character's head for the entire dialogue.

-Scratch sometimes don't appear in camp.

-During quest "Free the artist" if you refuse to help him the dialogue get stuck in a loop, Wyll disapproves every time and you can' t go back to the other options.

-Find the Githyanki Crèche quest doesn't update after encounter with the patrol.

-Left house in Waukeen's Rest can't be entered despite having no door.

-If you knock out the tieflings at Lae'zel first encounter they die after talking to her.

-Healing the Mind Flayer at the crash site kills him.

Suggestions:

-Hide helmet option is a must.

-Option to hide completed objectives.

-The restriction on Speak with the Dead seems weird to me, maybe introduce a Int or Wis check to subvert the NPC's will. Right now it limits the use of the spell too much., makes a situational spell even more situational.

-Lolth-Sworn Drow should have another option to deal with the Phase Spiders before the Underdark, seems weird to attack something that is revered and sacred by them. Maybe make the encounter similar to the Owlbear.

Last edited by Druid_NPC; 12/10/20 01:05 AM.

Necromancy is just recycling...
stranger
stranger
Graphic Bugs:
-You can't move camera up multiple floors

- The camera gets stuck on terrain

- In the prologue and first chapter, cutscenes where you're talking to the Mind Flayer and Astarion your character freezes and stays on them when you aren't talking.

- Like previous people have said lots of the cutscenes are awkward and delayed. Aren't natural and seem buggy.

-The cutscene in the prologue where you teleport, the textures don't load and it looks incomplete.

Edit: The autosave function is bugged and sometimes it will autosave and sometimes it will go hours before autosaving.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by 0kaamiii; 09/10/20 12:12 PM.
stranger
stranger
Prone enemy, got up and attacked in same turn.

L
stranger
stranger
L
i went back to camp and tried to rest and i cant either click on the bed or the fire just nothing happens and when i wanna click on travel or end day or anything from the right top part it says fast travel is not possible.

stranger
stranger
Wanted to also echo some bugs with prone mechanics. My warlock got knocked prone on a couple occasions.

1. The first time, she stood up, and the UI disappeared, but only for her. I was able to press spacebar to progress to the next turn, and my other characters still had a visible UI. I reloaded, so not sure if finishing combat would have reset the UI.
- (Also, is there a command to refresh the UI?)

2. The second time my warlock fell prone, when she stood up, she couldn't complete any actions/bonus actions/abilities/etc. I'd click Jump and select a destination, and she'd pause for a few seconds, the sound would play, and she'd still be standing there with no movement or bonus action depleted. Same with Eldritch Blast -- she'd pause, sound would play, and then nothing would happen, and she'd still have her action available. She was able to move, though. The issue persisted to her next turn.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Not sure if its a bug but it's really weird that the war drums re-spawn super quick (like turn around and it's back again quick) and the goblins are still able to play them even after they have been destroyed.

Last edited by constaeri06; 09/10/20 02:36 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Great Weapon Fighting doesn't show up on character sheet, and also does nothing. I just rolled a 1 with a greataxe dmg, didn't get a reroll of damage according to the log.

R
stranger
stranger
R
******Spoiler...?*******

I'm hoping I'm not repeating an already noted bug, but I found my Quest Log identifies Lae'zel as dead and having to find the Githyanki creche on our own, even though Lae'zel is alive and back at my camp.

stranger
stranger
I got stuck going in and out of combat. I tried walking away from combat and now none of my characters can move as far as I can tell.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Sorry if any (or all) of these are repeats:

Bugs:
Main thing is not being able to save in multiplayer if the host's game thinks that one of the other PCs is in a dialogue still. I'm sure that's been reported a bunch.
I am unable to click and drag items in my inventory to another location (in my own, on my bar, or into someone else's).
In the first room after you spawn, my friend's PC was pushed out under the map when I pressed the elevator button (going down) and he wasn't quite on or off the elevator.
We ended up fighting the two tieflings outside the caged gobbo - at one point the male tielfing turned to the cage door and tried to open it (displayed "Locked/Locked/Locked/Locked" etc) for about 60 seconds before ending his turn.
The lady who is singing to the squirrels near the druid's grove had a bit of an issue where her instrument (lute or something?) wasn't displaying.
The first cutscene with Wyll had terrible hiccups and some missing lines.

Spelling errors:
In the owlbear cave, a description of Selune calls her the "Moonmaden" instead of "Moonmaiden."
During the lead up to the harpy fight, a line says "beckens" instead of "beckons."

G
stranger
stranger
G
Wondering if this is a bug, or if I've somehow pissed off Lae'zel and Gale.

At level 3 now. I've only used the my party's camp once. Now, whenever I travel to the camp Lae'zel turns hostile. After knocking her out, if I try to use the bedroll or campfire, I get teleported back to the waypoint I had previously used. When I go back to the camp, Gale attacks me. Now both of them are knocked out, and using the bedroll/ campfire still just teleports me back to the waypoint.

Anyone else experienced this?

F
stranger
stranger
F
Just a few things i found while playing so far

In the first area that you battle the 3 imps on the nautiloid there is a repeating imp flying from the ceiling and through the floor on the left next to the two cannons about every 10 seconds.

In the crashed ship the three people trying to rescue the dying mindflayer the mind flayers tentacles are disappearing straight into the ground like they are going through the map.

The first conversation with Gale in the camp when he goes on his rant your dialogue options show up then disappear before he is done talking then show up again once he is done talking.

When looting any object if you loot more then one the inventory screens continue to stack on top of each other then you have to manually close each one instead of if you open another the first automatically closes.

When looting objects in inventory screens you have to double click instead of just single clicking not sure if this meant to be this way or not being able to single click and receive item is a personal preference.

After saving Lae'zel from the trap in the woods during the dialogue scene after shadowheart says "lies get rid of her" a tree branch gets in the way of your character almost entirely.

Beast master for the ranger the bear which is supposed to take more damage has only 19 hp compared to the spider which has 32hp wondering if that is a mistake. Also the AC of the bear is an 11 while the Spider is 14 the spider seems way to OP compared to what the bear is supposed to be able to do.

Gloves of Power which give the wearer Absolutes bane also inflicts bane upon the wearer on every attack and not just the enemy you attack not sure if this is a bug or just how the item was made to work.

Pickpocketing ppl if successful should not cause them to attack being successful should mean you get away with the pickpocket makes it a moot point to not just kill them and take their stuff if it just causes a fight anyway. Pickpocketed Dammon in the druids grove successfully a couple of times left the area then when loaded back in had to fight the whole area most were normal refugees and did nothing but stand there but had to kill them to move on one was a guard which caused more to join into the fight and kept happening the more you would move and people would see you.

Page 4 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard