Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41
S
stranger
stranger
S
Druids that shapechange should not die after shapechanging. If they take damage that reduces hp to 0, they revert to normal form and take any remaining damage to their actual hp.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by starglam
Druids that shapechange should not die after shapechanging. If they take damage that reduces hp to 0, they revert to normal form and take any remaining damage to their actual hp.

Druids are altering their physique not crawling inside a separate creature and taking over control. If a druid dies in combat, whether he was a bear at the time or not is immaterial.

enthusiast
enthusiast
On character creation; most of the female options are very lovely...the males... oh heaven's it's "Beauty and the Beast" all over again, and the men are NOT beautiful (most of them).

Also can there be a less neon green option for green hair?
Tattoos - white is highly/overly visible, all the other colors need more oomph.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Originally Posted by starglam

Druids are altering their physique not crawling inside a separate creature and taking over control. If a druid dies in combat, whether he was a bear at the time or not is immaterial.

That's not how the 5e rules lay it out.

Originally Posted by 5e Player's Handbook
When you transform, you assume the beast's Hit Points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of Hit Points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of Dropping to 0 Hit Points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form. For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 Hit Points, you aren't knocked Unconscious.

You take any excess damage to your person, but if you're just reduced to 0 HP when shapeshifted, you simply return to your normal self.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by endolex
Thank you for creating this! Digging through all my previous posts:

Character creation + character sheet:
- clearer view of skill proficiencies and their sources (for instance, "you get this Skill because of your race / background, etc.") - full list, distinguish non-proficient, half-proficient, proficient and expertise
- record all "passives" (stuff like 'Dueling' fighting style) on the character sheet as well
- resolve when skill proficiencies overlap (for example, getting Stealth from Street Urchin background + get Stealth from Lightfoot Halfling should resolve in me getting to pick another skill proficiency instead)
- better ability score tooltips: do not just describe the role of the attributes for classes + combat, explain their meaning also for dialogue etc.

Dialogue:
- have companion skill proficiencies be accessible in the dialogue, and be able to use their skill proficiencies (important especially when dialogue is initiated on the player and they can't pick the companion that should actually talk)
example: I talk to someone who wants to learn some fighting moves, I'm no Fighter, but Lae'zel is. I should be able to pick Laezel (Fighter) - Dialogue option and let her do the explaining.

Equip weapons:
- game should let player opt to use versatile weapons 1H or 2H regardless whether their offhand is empty or not

5E Ruleset conflicts:
- according to PHB, spell-preparing classes can only prepare spells during a long rest (make it subject to difficulty maybe)
- according to PHB, casting two spells per turn should not be possible. Bonus Action Spells can only be combined with a cantrip (for instance, you cannot cast Bless and Healing Word on your turn)
- wrong tooltip description for Dueling fighting style passive: the bonus applies when you hold a 1H weapon in one hand and no other weapon - e.g. also when the other hand holds a shield
- cantrips should not be able to cause surface effects. Fire Bolt should not leave a fiery area with nothing to set on fire, Ray of Frost should only freeze the ground when there's liquid on it, etc. -- maybe reign in surface effects in general (debate)

Quality of Life / miscellaneous:
- true 4k resolution UI, main menu + chargen - at the moment it appears just "enlarged"
- Fast Travel: let us click directly on the waypoints on the map
- Let us ressurect / revivify NPCs that die in a fight
- sheathed shields should be visible on the back
- rapiers and other 1H weapons are usually not carried on the back when sheathed, but on your side
- Torches should not be considered a weapon of any restricted proficiency - currently Mages cannot carry one...

Just throwing in my support of this post, especially concerning the disconcerting visuals of having weapons stowed on your back instead of at your hip as they should be. Please, no polearms sheathed at back either, they should be held or unequiped.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Certheri

That's not how the 5e rules lay it out.

Appreciate the correction. I don't play. . .anything other than rogues actually. . .and I haven't been in a party with a druid for years. I would still say the mechanic strikes me as counter intuitive. Dead is dead.

stranger
stranger
Instead of % chance to hit, I'd like to know Advantage/Disadvantage and why when I con the foes.

Example: Advantage (Threatened); Disadvantage (Blind)

If more than one thing is giving me disadvantage, I just need to know what I can fix.

addict
addict
My primary issue is related to performance.

I'm right in the middle between minimum specs and recommended specs, but get terrible amounts of stutter and poor fps, in particular when outside.
Of course, everything's silky smooth if I'm in a smaller interior location like a cave or dungeon of some kind.
I believe that this may have something to do with exactly how much world texture is being drawn? It almost feels as though the entire main map/outside world is all being rendered no matter where our characters are located.
And if I'm being honest, I'd much rather have my immediate viewable relevant surroundings look decent and be able to maintain a decent frame rate than have mountains or hillsides that are very, very far away look stunningly gorgeous.

I don't know anything about development or what's possible, but I'd love to see something along the lines of some type of "fog of war" or maybe a diameter around the party where things are textured and accounted for, but not everything within 100 miles is drawn-in and constantly taxing hardware whether we're near it or viewing it or not. Possibly even something as simple as a draw distance slider? I know that there's an option for smaller landscape details like flora and fauna and whatnot, but applying that same principle to the world in general would make a huge difference for a lot of people. That way, everyone with a build strong enough to see the entire world can, but those who still fall within spec who don't have a high-end rig can still enjoy a smooth experience. I'm sure that it's very different from a technical standpoint, but I had virtually no issues whatsoever playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 on very, very high settings, and I'm still struggling with the lowest of the low here because of what I suspect to be that draw distance issue.

Of course I understand that this is Early Access and that some optimization will take place, but I'll be devastated if the current way that the world is being rendered remains the same and will continue to plague me into retail release when I'm within the parameters to maybe not enjoy the prettiest experience, but a decent-looking one that's stable.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Personally I would like to see custom characters stand out a bit more in dialog. Here's an example, I made a Wizard so high INT, proficiency in Arcana and History, so when I bumped into the Wizard companion who I would be inviting to join my party he talked to me the same way he spoke to a Cleric or Ranger custom character "You're not a wizard are you." and rather than my character being able to respond to the other Wizard with anything more intelligent to say than "Yeah, I'm a Wizard" and other generic dialog was disappointing. I'm certainly not looking for a snowflake character, but at least some different options more than what is being presented. I mean if the Wizard companion knows so much, why wouldn't my character? I know it means more work to animate, record vocal dialog reponses, and potentially bogging down the game without getting into the plot and such. Just saying it would be nice.

stranger
stranger
My suggestions :

1. Include name generator that could generate names, fitting for the race. Since I usually refer to PHB myself to think of a name for my character.

2. I know this might be difficult to implement, but I would love to have a proper Reaction implementation. As in, I could pick wether to react to an event or not.
Currently Attack of Opportunity is automatic, and Hellish Rebuke pretty much says that "if you use this spell, you expect yourself to get hit and would rather get hit than ending the encounter with Shatter or Magic Missile".
I would love for it to be properly implemented, so Featherfall and Hellish Rebuke becomes reaction spell. And we could get some staples like Shield and Counterspell as well.

1. There are quite a lot of infinite loop conversation in the game right now. (The one with caged goblin, and the one with wounded Tiefling for example)

journeyman
journeyman
Oh something that I forgot to mention before, is that I would like the combat log to default to the most recent entry.

Every time I opened the combat log it would be in some arbitrary spot, and I'd have to scroll down, but if I'm opening the combat log then 99/100 times it's because I want to see details on what just happened.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok, fun, I few I cam up with...

UI:
- right-click interaction with portraits, like opening char sheet or inventory.
- option to sele select whole party for simulatnous stealth, jumping, attacking the same target, etc.
- make characters position when not on screen more visible (edge indicators).

Rules:
- 5E has the option for group afforts. let the whole group roll as a team on stuff like breaking down doors, etc.
- better class implementation: who gehts to learn what spells; treat familiars as enteties, not spell effects that go away on rest, etc.

Presentation
- character models need more love: let us equip backpacks, cloaks, quivers, etc. and make weapons appear as they should.
- customize armor appearance - mutliple models for the same type armor.

Misc.
- more different difficulties. everything up to true pnp mode, complete with hunger, thirst and fatigue mechanics.

...to be continued.

Last edited by WarBaby2; 09/10/20 05:50 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Two QOL things:
- I would like to be able to loot items with a single click instead of two
- When fast travelling I expected to be able to click a portal and teleport directly rather than having to click from the fast travel list of locations on the right.

Question about Fire Bolt:
In 5e Fire Bolt does 1d10 damage. In BG3 it does 1d6. Is this intentional? I'm thinking maybe due to the fires that get started it does damage over time? In any case it was unexpected.

apprentice
apprentice
Better camera control with vertical tilt.
Camera should follow the person when fully zoomed in and we should then be able to play as that person with movementkeys.

stranger
stranger
I'm new to forums in general really, but is there a way to give this a boost or like or something like that? This is a really good post that has just about every general issue I and many others have!

Also I am 100% a turn-based gamer. As much as I love the lore to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, I was never able to play the games because of the pausing gameplay. It seemed very disruptive and actually gave me a headache the times I tried playing.

Elf Cleric for Hire! I only accept gold or compliments to my healing. Doubting me costs EXTRA.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Medirby
I'm new to forums in general really, but is there a way to give this a boost or like or something like that? This is a really good post that has just about every general issue I and many others have!

Also I am 100% a turn-based gamer. As much as I love the lore to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, I was never able to play the games because of the pausing gameplay. It seemed very disruptive and actually gave me a headache the times I tried playing.

Ever tried the "auto pause on turn end" option that existed in BG? Just saying, you COULD play the series in turn based mode if you wanted to.

Nevermind - not a discussion thread.

Last edited by WarBaby2; 09/10/20 06:52 AM.
stranger
stranger
User interface

D&D Rulebook

• End concentration by will: You need to be able to end your own concentration at will, at anytime.
  • Hold action: Super important. Let me hold my action to a later point of the initiative.

Much more to come wink
Great Game any way

A
stranger
stranger
A
My five cents:
* Do not listen to those who complain about the Early Access as if it is a complete game.
* The game is really enjoyable with gorgeous graphics
* The game does seem to have quite a few bugs but I have encountered very few gamebreaking/story related bugs
* The game does feel like a Divinity game rather than a BG game. It is hard to explain why though. I am probably too stuck in having played the original BG games as they came out so long ago

stranger
stranger
User interface

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hey I was wondering if you could add a bard, The Bard is an essential part of a D&D setting and I think it would be really cool if we could play as a bard and I think it could work, a Bard is essentially a person who weaves magic through instrument, would the team ever consider adding it at all?

Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard