Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Version: EA v4.1.83.5246

System: Windows 10 PC

Platform: GOG

Issue: Persuade Rugan to give chest path bugged *SPOILERS PAST HERE*

Description: I'm encountering a strange situation with the quest with Rugan. I've persuaded him to give me the chest, but never unlocked it. When I arrived at the Zhent hideout, Zarys treated me really well (Rugan's "savior"). But now any time I try to approach her, I get called an intruder and attacked. Rugan is also there, but he's getting beaten up on the ground-floor and Olly is dead. When I try to free Rugan, I have the option to do so but it doesn't do anything. Same with the option to kill him. If I just kill all the Zhents, the quest acts like Rugan is already dead and ends there, even though he's still alive.

How to replicate:
1) save Rugan and Olly from the gnolls.
2) Convince him to let you take the chest.
3) Take it but don't unlock it, just walk away with it.
4) Go to Zhent hideout.
5) Test things out, you shouldn't be able to free Rugan or talk with Zarys to clear things up.

[this space intentionally left blank]
K
stranger
stranger
K
did all of the above before seeing the post and i am in the exact same situation with my rogue character. every time i try to talk to zarys the leader, like they want me to, everyone aggros. i think it might be related to the latter's or the zone above or behind the initial area being hostile territory to non zhents. definitely needs to be fixed, it kinda killed the roleplay of my rogue since i want him to join the zhents.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I think that whole area is pretty buggy. I get the positive dialogue from Zarys (savior), but it just loops each time I talk with her and I never get access to the exotic wares she mentions. Only difference is that I unlocked the chest first.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Glad I wasn't the only one I have the same issue. He says thank you after I "untie him" but still has the animation of getting beat up. I tried to reset the area by going to camp and my friendly dog "scratch" turned aggro and I had to put him down. Not sure if he was just put that way in game to have rabbis or if it bugged out.

----I even broke the chair he was sitting on and was still in the animation.

-- in the end i just killed Rugan and went on...along with the painter sadly i wanted his quest as well but i couldn't talk to him.

Last edited by Lokii; 10/10/20 06:31 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Rugan bug

This is a video i made

Link Copied to Clipboard